Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

It's better to have loved and lost?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In short yes. But its also worth considering the alternative - not to love at all. Yes you are likely to avoid heartbreak if you don't 'try' in love, but I'd say you are missing out on a lot too.
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    I'm eating a foal tonight so I am slightly offended if you're assuming that I'm a veggie. :razz:

A horse?! Does it taste good?
  • Options
    Never to have loved at all

I just got dumped by my girlfriend a few days ago and I would say at the moment its probably best never to have loved at all even with all of the good memories because they only bring pain .:crying:
  • Options
    I generally reject the idea that somehow your life will be incomplete or you will be unfulfilled unless you find someone. Love is an addiction, if you break up you go through withdrawals. Just as hangovers are to drinking you have to be willing to accept the lows with with the highs. Or you can just avoid it all together.
  • Options
    There seems to be a few people here who say things like "better to have good and bad memories than none at all", and "how can you appreciate the good, when you never felt the bad?"...
    This implies that you can't feel the good or bad when alone. Which is untrue.

Also, someone who has never had something will usually want for it.
    Those who have just lost it will wish they never had it.
    And in time, those which lost it will probably look favourably on it, and be glad they had it.

I would agree with the original quote..."It's better to have loved and lost"