Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

do people here think I am weird?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kira wrote: »
    That is not true. The link outlined the norm. Medicine cannot exist without norms to benchmark against.
    The norm =/= everybody is the same. It means that most people are. Some people are just unlucky.
  • Options
    See, more of your fatalistic nonsense again.

The norm as in holding conversations and connecting to people. This is what all others have.
    So, which elements of childhood development is it that you missed out on?

The ability to connect to people. MOST children talk, and don't deny it. Go to any school playground and you would see.
  • Options
    You all probably think I moan and complain about things too much, but when all others are continually given positive imagery, then what does one expect?

If i want the ability to connect, then only an evil sociopath would deny me it. it's innocuous. No healthy/reasoned person denies others harmless things.
  • Options
    That is not true. The link outlined the norm. Medicine cannot exist without norms to benchmark against.

It's true - I have a friend whose son is 5 - he has not developed at the same rate as the average 5 year old. I have never (due to disabilities) learnt to ride a bike or do some other things that younger people can do.
    The norm as in holding conversations and connecting to people. This is what all others have.

Some people can't talk - how on earh does your logic work here? There are also people out there who can talk; but have problems interacting with people. I have never really had a connection with people of my own age.
  • Options

Everyone except for you? Do you think that's logical? That you are the sole person in the world who has problems with connections and conversation? You really think the powers that be would have singled you out as the odd one out?

Why do you think that you don't have these 'norms'? Without saying that people have denied you them, because that's a load of crap. We don't know you, so how can we have denied you anything.
  • Options
    Is this gonna start in to a argument or something?
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Everyone except for you? Do you think that's logical? That you are the sole person in the world who has problems with connections and conversation? You really think the powers that be would have singled you out as the odd one out?

Why do you think that you don't have these 'norms'? Without saying that people have denied you them, because that's a load of crap. We don't know you, so how can we have denied you anything.

Yes, me.

Because people cruelly tried to limit my neurological development. My dad said he tried to.
  • Options
    Yes, me.

Because people cruelly tried to limit my neurological development. My dad said he tried to.

How on earth does someone limit someone elses neurological development?:confused:
  • Options
    Yes, me.

Seriously?

I'm done now. This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Seriously?

I'm done now. This is ridiculous.

I have to agree we should get a mod to close this thread before it does get viciouse x
  • Options
    *Alarna* wrote: »
    We should get a mod to close this thread before it does get viciouse x

:yes:
This discussion has been closed.