Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Food of your childhood?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would always eat peanut butter , just plain with my fingers
  • Options
    Really discusting thinking about this now...I used to put vinegar on bread :yuck:

Banana and crisp sandwiches :yum:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    "Pizza toast" - our school canteen used to serve it at break times - basically toast with tomato puree and melted cheese on top, sounds rank but was nice

:heart: We had something similar - 'bun pizza' they called it. Had forgotten all about that! 40p for a slice of dirtyness at break times. :)
  • Options
    Food of my childhood

Erm.... food I ate when I was younger, Well my mother and father before they had left me took us mountain climbing we always had a sandwich and I had stuffed all my crissps in them and when I had eaten chocolate for the first time I had found out I had allergies to it.
  • Options
    my nan's homemade chips, i made them for the first time the other day and they were just soooo much nicer and alphabetty spagetti on toast, I still have this if I am feeling down, love spelling things out with the letters but then it goes cold lmao :)
  • Options
    tuna in a bowl with vinegar :blush:
  • Options
    'pie'

tinned short cut spag, covered with instant mash with cheese grilled on top.

A dish that I really loved and would make and eat with my best friend until the day we were sexually abused together. Because it was what we had eaten for dinner that day, she would never eat it again, and then I felt bad that it held that association for her so, never ate it either. :(

The last time I saw her was at someone's wedding. She asked me if I was eating pie again, I said no, we both knew what we meant. Bye bye innocence, bye bye pie.
  • Options
    'Four square jam sandwiches'. Between 2 and 5 years old i refused to eat sandwiches unless they were jam and cut into 4 squares. Woe betide the person who cut them into triangles!
  • Options
    I'm vegan, and I miss the butter in a chip buttie... but I wont eat the butter.

Don't know if you know about Pure? They do dairy free butter/spread alternatives, can get it in Tesco (and elsewhere probably) :) .

I remember eating a lot of Dairylea sandwiches and Penguin bars and tomato ketchup flavoured crisps throughout primary school, only had to tell my mum you liked something and she'd stock up on it til you were sick of it lol.
  • Options
    Don't know if you know about Pure? They do dairy free butter/spread alternatives, can get it in Tesco (and elsewhere probably) :) .

Yeah, I just don't eat any butter replacements at all any more. Don't like them. Thanks though.

But in the chip shop when it's just death in a buttie :yum: Used to love that.
    Xx
  • Options
    According to my memories it's Maggie and sweet pasta. I still eating at weekend. But i really missed those days very much.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    'pie'

tinned short cut spag, covered with instant mash with cheese grilled on top.

A dish that I really loved and would make and eat with my best friend until the day we were sexually abused together. Because it was what we had eaten for dinner that day, she would never eat it again, and then I felt bad that it held that association for her so, never ate it either. :(

The last time I saw her was at someone's wedding. She asked me if I was eating pie again, I said no, we both knew what we meant. Bye bye innocence, bye bye pie.

What a sad story. *hugs* :(
  • Options
    mint feasts. had one today for the first time in about 15years. i only had them when we went on our hols to butlins