Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

To cover scars...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Andy Pandy wrote: »
    Yeah I think so.
    And it's stereotyped as troubled kids or emos.

I met a group of girls today... and I saw their cuts. And I said "How'd that happen" and one of them goes "I used a knife." I said "Why d'ya do it" and she goes... "Cos it's cool"!!!!!
    C-A xx
  • Options
    yeah there is a certain group of people that do think it is cool. Why though i have no idea. Its the type of people that will never understand how insulting and narrow minded they are for doing it as its 'cool'.
  • Options
    The people who do it because it's supposedly 'cool' need help as much as those who do it for any other reason, I think....

Gx
  • Options
    To the two above: Here here!
    x Andy
  • Options
    I just think "if only they could see what happens" I mean... I've been hospitalized and have had stitches. I would LOVE to bring back my childhood... and then to see someone throwing away theirs! I showed one of them a scar on my arm- that says slut. And she just stared at me... I knew she was thinking "what the fuck" but most people don't understand it's something that is very hard to control.... I think that, if you self harm for any reason, you are in need of help.
    C-A x
  • Options
    I personally like to believe I am in control of it and it happens only when I want it to. But I know that really that's not true. I have to do it.
    But the thought of actually physically talking to someone about it, is something I could never do. So getting help is out of the question.
    OMG I just thought... maybe that's why girls always run a mile from me!
    Haha OK now I'm just thinking of excuses.
    x Andy
  • Options
    That's why I love places like this :-) I can talk about it... to an extent. There are some things nobody knows but me. On sites like this, it's a lot easier to go deeper into the subject- where as when I talk to people actually in front of me, I can't say nearly as much.
    Getting help is really hard, I've never voluntarily done it- and I only know one person who has. But he was already getting better.
    Good luck, Andy. Self harm is a very hard thing to deal with, as you well know. And as soon as you can be honest to yourself about it- then you are on the road to recovery (even if you are only at the very start of the road)
    C-A x
    PS Chase those girls :-p
  • Options
    That's why I love places like this :-) I can talk about it... to an extent. There are some things nobody knows but me. On sites like this, it's a lot easier to go deeper into the subject- where as when I talk to people actually in front of me, I can't say nearly as much.
    Getting help is really hard, I've never voluntarily done it- and I only know one person who has. But he was already getting better.
    Good luck, Andy. Self harm is a very hard thing to deal with, as you well know. And as soon as you can be honest to yourself about it- then you are on the road to recovery (even if you are only at the very start of the road)
    C-A x
    PS Chase those girls :-p

Ta very much.
    And yeah I can admit it to myself, but just not to others.
    Talking to strangers is a LOT easier.
    x Andy
  • Options
    Yeah, it is.... That's what counselling is though. Talking to a stranger.
    C-A x
  • Options
    yeah talking to strangers can help, this places has helped me sooo much i think its about 8months since i last SH-ed :D

A lot of it is will power though.
  • Options
    talking about things is deffently easyer in places like this. but at the same time it kind of feels like your telling the hole world stuff you dont want to no.
    the covering up scars part, obviously make up. but i think when youve exepted them yourself you wont bother what others people say or think.
    xxx