Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how to get a boy who already has a girlfriend

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't do childish things like trying to make him jealous. You'll end up looking like a complete twat. Just stop all this 'sleeping together' and doing stuff with him that you know his girlfriend would not approve of (if you're a half-decent human being, you'd understand that).

By all means, tell him you feel but DON'T do anything with him (even hold hands) until he has made his mind up about you and dumped his girlfriend, should he so want to.

I have a feeling though, that you're going to be used and abused by him if you continue this inappropriate relationship with him .. and will get short thrift from us when you come back on here wanting advice on how to sort the mess out.

It's clear that you KNOW that you are in the wrong about your tactics in getting him. Just remember, what goes around, comes around.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    cullen90 wrote: »
    its all about how much attention and closeness you can have with them, and i tend to not think about how i get that, aslong as i get it.

I feel so confussed :(

*hugs* tbh - it sounds like this guy has really got to you and when someone says, as you have, they don't care where they get attention it usually means they don't rate themselves very highly and could do with taking some time to think about self esteem. All the things you're doing are pointing towards the fact that you don't realise you deserve better than this.

While I still totally agree with what Olive says, another thing that is worth thinking about is that this guy isn't the be all and end all. You say you don't want to date other guys to make him jealous as you don't like the thought of using people. However, has it occured to you that dating other guys might just be the fun distraction you need and could mean you get to meet an even better guy who isn't already attached? Easier said than done, but try and forget the jealousy side and the idea that other guys won't be as good as him. By the way he's been behaving (at the moment) suggests there really is bigger fish to fry - distance will allow you to see this.

Take care and keep posting. :)
  • Options
    I can understand being attracted to someone who's already in a relationship, but I think when it's acted on things rarely turn out for the better. I can see how you may not be that bothered about how you trying to get closer to him would affect his girlfriend, but I'd imagine it'll ultimately upset him more than you may be expecting. Even if he did end things with her tomorrow, would it affect him that little that he would be able to start seeing you straightaway?

Getting attached to him before he has the mindspace to consider ending things with his current girlfriend to start anything with you or anyone else probably isn't going to help anything become clearer any time soon. If you want attention, maybe line up a few dates. But if you want him, for more than just something casual, then do the same in the meantime (and because you want to, not to make him jealous) then see how the situation is with him in a few months time.
  • Options
    its not just sleeping in the same bed there is plenty of other stuff, we spend most of our time together, he is completely comfortable with being naked infront of me, jokes alot about having sex with me, shows affectionate gestures alot, the list goes on and on, its not a normal friendship put it that way.
    really, I wouldn't read much into that. I've a very good woman friend who I have sometimes shared a bed with, who I am completely comfortable being naked in front of, who I'ev spent a lot of my time with. I agree it's not a normal friendship but a close, almost family-like, one.
    i appreciate people dont agree with it, but say i was to pursue it how do you think i could get what i want? and from what iv said how do you think he feels?

Pretty much the only way you can get what you want, is to talk to him, and to tell him you'd lik to take things further. But be prepared for him to tell you he just doesn't see you that way
  • Options
    Ah, I really feel for you because I was in a similar situation, only I was stupid enough to start having sex with him. And while I felt we had such a great time when we were together and I made him happy and I made him laugh...he never left her and he never wanted to be with me. I kept it going for a long time because I kept kidding myself that he loved me - he must do right, look how happy we are when we're together, look how much we have in common, we're having great sex, he must love me! - but it wasn't true. I kept hoping he would make me happy, but all he did overall was make me miserable.

But like Helen said, I put up with it because I had low self esteem and was prepared to put up with any amount of shitty treatment to be with him, in whatever capacity suited him. But think about it - he's stringing you and her along, and loving it. He doesn't care about how his actions hurt you, and clearly doesn't care about his girlfriend either. Spend time with other friends, try to feel happy and confident in yourself, and you'll soon put him behind you and find someone more worthy of your time and affections.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    really, I wouldn't read much into that. I've a very good woman friend who I have sometimes shared a bed with, who I am completely comfortable being naked in front of, who I'ev spent a lot of my time with. I agree it's not a normal friendship but a close, almost family-like, one.

yeah but youre gay. If you were doing all that with a male friend i doubt it would feel so innocent
  • Options
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    if he leaves his girlfriend for you, he will leave you for someone else.....

Yeah, that's not always true.

When people leave a relationship for another relationship, just cause it's another relationship, then yeah, they will often do the same thing again. But when they leave for the person, it works.

Imagine you were in a relationship that wasn't really working, you were kinda miserable, but not really on the point of leaving. Then one day you meet the love of your life, who maybe is in the same situation as you. Would you pass up the chance of real happiness in favour of your current relationship just because it pre-dated meeting the One?

I mean, I'm not sure this is what's happening here, it sounds more like this guy is just ego-boosting with the OP's feelings, but I don't think it's right to condemn every relationship abandoner in the same way!
  • Options
    Have to agree with Olive again. If someone will CHEAT on their partner with you then they'll probably cheat on you with someone else. If they're making a decision that the new person is better than the old one then it's not always so cut and dried.

Sometimes you just know that the new person is better than the old one and it all works out.
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    Yeah, that's not always true.

When people leave a relationship for another relationship, just cause it's another relationship, then yeah, they will often do the same thing again. But when they leave for the person, it works.

Imagine you were in a relationship that wasn't really working, you were kinda miserable, but not really on the point of leaving. Then one day you meet the love of your life, who maybe is in the same situation as you. Would you pass up the chance of real happiness in favour of your current relationship just because it pre-dated meeting the One?

I mean, I'm not sure this is what's happening here, it sounds more like this guy is just ego-boosting with the OP's feelings, but I don't think it's right to condemn every relationship abandoner in the same way!

This is true but if I was miserable, I would leave the relationship anyway.

If I met the love of my life while with the person I thought I had loved, I wouldn't sleep with the new person until I had ended the previous relationship. The OP sounds like she is prepared to cheat with the guy she fancies and if he does cheat with her while he is still in his other relationship, then chances are, he will be bound to cheat on the OP too, which is what I think NavyBlue was attempting to say. :)
  • Options
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    i didn't even believe in karma, but it is true...

:) You make me smile sometimes.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »

A lot of people I know - which I don't really understand or support in that matter - don't do this. They rather have a relationship for the sake of a relationship, be miserable, but keep going on.

Do you quit a job, just because it sucks? Somehow you kinda need it. But if you have a interesting offer from another company it might help your decision.

For the OP: Talk to the guy, if he is really unhappy with his girl then think about it, but be warned: you will probably hear what you want to hear (like on here, you are just filtering out, that doesn't criticize you). If he says, "well she is a chore sometimes." Don't be all, OMG, he dislikes his girlfriend, Strike!

If he is genuinely worried about where his rlship is going and it's just dragging him down, then you might go for it.

You heard the general consensus: rather don't do it, but if you insist on it, make sure you are not just some wench on the side.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »

I'd have liked to think I would, but in reality it turned out that I needed a kick up the arse.
    If I met the love of my life while with the person I thought I had loved, I wouldn't sleep with the new person until I had ended the previous relationship. The OP sounds like she is prepared to cheat with the guy she fancies and if he does cheat with her while he is still in his other relationship, then chances are, he will be bound to cheat on the OP too, which is what I think NavyBlue was attempting to say. :)

I don't think she was, and I think that's an opinion a lot of people hold, when in reality it depends on a lot of factors. Just because you leave someone for another person doesn't mean you'll leave the second person, if you picked the second person for the right reasons!

I agree with you that it's a bad idea to sleep with him, and I wouldn't, and I also agree that this particular situation doesn't sound like the kind of situation I'm defending, but I think it needs to be said. :)
  • Options
    he's a head fuck. ive had meddlings with them too, one very similar to u.
    when the shit hits the fan with his gf (and it will if u decide to keep doing things u know arent ok with a taken man) u are the one that will be portraid as a bitch, and he'll probably throw u down the river to save himself in her eyes. i think that if he really likes u he'd have left her by now.

often taken men have this kind of flirty behaivour because they like to know they are still attractive to ppl other than their gf. he knows u like him - can promise u that much, but he's still in his relationship.

u need to set bigger boundries with him. stop sleeping in the same bed, u know its not ok and you're getting your feelings hurt. if he confronts u about it tell him it's not appropriate, and u could onl do that with a single guy (there's a big fat hint for him in there :) )

poor u. i know how confusing it can be, but u know sleeping in the same bed isnt appropriate even if he doesnt. i hope this made sense
  • Options
    ok so i just wanted to vent my anger a little

as you all no if you have been reading, im at uni and currently on easter holidays which would mean a break from the guy i like. so weve been txting each other over the holidays, as you do, just seeing how each other are and stuff and i feel quite lucky as im the only one of our group that he has bothered to talk to over the holidays but i didnt want to read to much into that. anyway the other day he txt me randomly saying he wanted to come visit, obviously i was really happy about this because it was him that initiated it entirely. so he arranged everything to come visit 2tomorrow and genuinly seemed excited. now him coming to visit is quite a big deal because he would be driving 5 hours to see me when he hasnt even bothered talking to the rest of our friends, let alone go and see them. he txt me a couple of times throughout the week saying how excited he was and stuff and today we spoke on the phone for about 20 mins, just catching up and seeing what time he was coming tomorrow, and again he said he was really looking forward to it. so as you can imagine i was excited to see him and couldnt wait til tomorrow. then i get a phone call saying he has bad news and that he cant come coz he has to work so now im like totally bummed out and kinda upset, maybe a little angry but at myself mainly for getting excited about it. i dont think his gf knew about the visit and part of me thinks that she found out and wont let him go or something but thats just probably me being paranoid.

i feel like such an idiot for letting myself get excited about seeing him and im just really upset i guess. he offered to come and see me sunday instead and take me back to uni but i was a little angry at the time and said id probably be busy, which is probably a bit childish. omg i actually feel like such a prick..HELP!
  • Options
    Ok I'll probably have everyone on here giving out about me, but this guy is an ASS! He probably never intended coming to see you in the first place. I think he's really enjoying the fact that you will not date any other guys as long as he keeps you dangling on a string HOPING one day that he declare his love for you! I know you like him, bu how can you like someone who is an emotional head-wrecker? Life is crappy enough, without having to put up with this sort of shit.
    If it were me, I'd bite the bullet, just ask him does he see a future for the two of you. He won't be expecting that & if you catch him off guard you'll get his true reaction. I doubt he's going to leave her though, he has it too cushy, having her & toying with you. BY the way, who gets a call for work at the last minute. It's bullshit! You've got to look after yourself hunny & take back control.
  • Options
    ok so i no you said he had no intention of coming to visit me and i honeslty believed that after i read what you wrote. but then then next day i got a call from him saying he was guna come see me the following day as he had offered before. so i put it out there that he should just drive down there and then and spend the nite and to my suprise he said yes and drove 5 hours to come visit me. we went for drinks and dinner and it was really nice. i wasnt staying at mine at the time so the room we slept in had 2 single beds and once again he choose to sleep in bed with me rather than sleep in the bed 2 feet away. so we were laying in bed cuddling and he randomly asked me how much i had drank and whether i was drunk and at the time i was pretty wasted and so i think i missed what he was actually trying to ask, which was are you so drunk that i would be taking advantage if i tried anything. and so missing this i was like yea im pretty wasted and we ended up just falling asleep.

after reflecting on the night i think i totally missed my oppotunity for something to happen and im so confussed, i feel like im constantly getting mixed signals and i really dont no what to do. im feeling more and more like a bitch to his gf but i really cant help how i feel or his actions. your probably bored of reading about this by now but i really dont feel i have anyone i can talk to about it so any advice you have id be really greatful.
  • Options
    is he still with his girlfriend?
  • Options
    I think he is playing the pair of you.
  • Options
    yea, advice coming up:

- Put and end to it of him toying with you.
    - Stop assisting him being a manslut to his girlfriend.
    - read the first pages of advice again.
    - take the advice, instead of ignoring it and it will do a world of good to you.
  • Options
    we were laying in bed cuddling and he randomly asked me how much i had drank and whether i was drunk and at the time i was pretty wasted and so i think i missed what he was actually trying to ask, which was are you so drunk that i would be taking advantage if i tried anything. .

He was politely asking for a bit on the side there I'd say. Yes given the chance he would definelty have sex with you, but then he'd be back to the girlfriend. :wave: I know how hard it is when you really like someone, but he's a teenage boy with hormones all over the place. I think he drove 5 hours to take you out, get you drunk (successfully)sleep in your bed (sucessfully) and It isn't coz he's afraid of the dark!):banghead: & try it on. BUt why is he not leaving her? You need to ask him straight out, whats the story? But I think if he's capable of doing this to you, he'd do it to you too with someone else. It happened me, where this guy left his girlfriend for me, only because I wouldn't be the other woman, but he went back to her again, it's never worth it!
  • Options
    Been in this situation before altho even more fucked up.

If you think the situation you're in now is a headfuck, just wait until you sleep with him. He won't break up with his girlfriend for you, like others said he wants you on the side. So if something did happen you'd be even more jealous of the other girl than you are now and you'll get even more obsessed with him which will destroy your life for a while, trust me.

But to answer the original question, if you want something to happen it's quite simple; next time you sleep in the same bed, go naked.
  • Options
    I've just been reading this thread and i'm curious to know what has happened since, if the poster of this thread still visits this website ?.
  • Options
    Run a search for ludvig. You'll find many threads under different usernames about the same topic... it just goes round and round in circles... :)
  • Options
    So let's say you end up getting with this guy...he splits with his misses and you become a couple. Are you going to be able to trust him 100%? And how will you feel if the same thing happens again, except this time, you're the betrayed girlfriend?
  • Options
    From what I've seen of Ludvig on other forums (and on here) this person gives too much detail for it to be her.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    From what I've seen of Ludvig on other forums (and on here) this person gives too much detail for it to be her.

yeahh, i dont think its her either! i think this was a real poster.
  • Options
    Possibly... TBH I skimmed back over it and likely came to the wrong conclusion.