Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how to get a boy who already has a girlfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi

right ok alot of you are probably reading this thinking thats really harsh, people shouldnt meddle in other peoples relationships, and thats a fair enough opinion to have, but please id really like some advice.

im currently at uni and i like a boy in another flat who has a girlfriend. we are good friends but id like it to be more than that, im not sure how much more but i no im passed just friends. now if it was just that then id never dream of interferring with someones relationship but i get the feeling he sort of wants something more too. he frequently sleeps in my single bed with me, just for the sake of it and cuddles while he sleeps. now for someone who has a girlfriend, sleeping in a bed with another girl should be off limits right. there is alot more to the story but id would take a long time to write so i guess it will come out through questions people may have

i no the potential drama this could cause but i really want to do something about how i feel so please if anyone has any advice on what i should do, feel free to comment

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Put yourself in his girlfriends shoes?

I have a few guy friends that im really close with and have shared a bed with and cuddle in a totally platonic way and some friendships are just like that.
  • Options
    Don't read too much in the sleeping with someone else in a bed. It might be a cultural thing and I personally do it too (with girls who have a boyfriend etc.) here and there.

If there is no sign that he is really unhappy with her (and don't trust signs anyway, just when he for example talks about it with you), really don't interfere. You don't really want him to leave his g/f just for you, because then you are insecure all the time that he will do the same to you. And if you come between a normal happy couple you will be known under not so pleasant names. Really, don't do it. I don't say this from a moral standpoint, but from an opinion that you have little chance and don't really do yourself any favor with it. I can't see a realistic, possible and positive outcome.

Look for someone else.
  • Options
    Hey, i know how you feel, its not nice liking somebody who is attached.

My advice to you is not to get involded with him unless he splits up with her first because this guy might sense you like him, sleep with you, this will make your feeings become alot stronger and then still sticks with his girlfriend. and you will be really hurt then. just watch out he don't use you as a bit on the side xxx
  • Options
    i understand what your all saying and you are probably all right and i probably would never make a move anyway because i dont want to ruin our friendship. i just cant help but think there is something else there. i dont read that much into the whole sleeping in the same bed situation coz i would do it with other friends but the fact that i no how his girlfriend would feel about if she knew, makes it a bigger deal coz he knows he shouldnt be doing that if she feels that way. plus there are times when we will be laying in bed and il get up to go back to mine and he will ask me to stay and sleep in his bed, why would u ask someone to sleep in your bed with you if you didnt feel something or want something?. its not just sleeping in the same bed there is plenty of other stuff, we spend most of our time together, he is completely comfortable with being naked infront of me, jokes alot about having sex with me, shows affectionate gestures alot, the list goes on and on, its not a normal friendship put it that way.

i appreciate people dont agree with it, but say i was to pursue it how do you think i could get what i want? and from what iv said how do you think he feels?
  • Options
    I really wouldnt think it would work, the whole situation is wrong.
  • Options
    The only thing you can do is tell him you like him, but you're not prepared for anything to happen if he is attached. Then you wait.

If he leaves his girlfriend, game on.

If he doesn't, game over.
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    The only thing you can do is tell him you like him, but you're not prepared for anything to happen if he is attached. Then you wait.

This is very good advice. I should also listen to this :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Try it on with him, next time your in the same bed. If it doesn't happen then it probably isn't going to.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Try it on with him, next time your in the same bed. If it doesn't happen then it probably isn't going to.

you do not no how many times iv laid in bed with him and his been asleep and had his leg wrapped betweeen mine and his arm across my chest and iv wanted to do something but havnt. or iv woken up and weve been facing each other with our lips so close together that my nose will be touching his and iv just thought if i kiss him then i can find out and i just really want to do it but i no if i do this and he is like what are u doing then it will ruin our friendship and since we are in the same circle of friends and are living together next year, trying it on would be a major risk. i need the impossible to happen and him just tell me or make the move (if he does feel anything for me that is)
  • Options
    cullen90 wrote: »
    i need the impossible to happen and him just tell me or make the move (if he does feel anything for me that is)

Ask him. Your playing with fire anyway so not much to lose.

Just make sure your better than his girl in the sack ;)
  • Options
    i have an idea

the first time we slept in the same bed as each other he asked if i was sleeping with pjs on and this was back when i saw him as a friend and i was like er yea of course i am. anyway he normally sleeps naked and so when he sleeps in my bed i think its an issue for him that he has to sleep with something on, as he occasionaly says he wishes he could just sleep naked. well my idea is to either allow him if he brings it up again to show that im like comfortable ect or be like do u mind if i sleep in underwear coz im getting hot and if he is like no i dont mind then im laying there in underwear basically offering it to him and if he doesnt take it then i no he isnt interested and wouldnt cheat on his girlfriend. i probably sound like a complete bitch with no respect for myself but sometimes you have to do stuff like that to get what you want in the long run right?

aww im so confussed by the whole situation, i just no i want him but dont want to be the horrible person or a slut to get what i want
  • Options
    i have an idea

then im laying there in underwear basically offering it to him and if he doesnt take it then i no he isnt interested and wouldnt cheat on his girlfriend.

I think this idea is flawed, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Olive wrote: »

:yes: X a million.
  • Options
    i probably sound like a complete bitch with no respect for myself but sometimes you have to do stuff like that to get what you want in the long run right?

He'll probably fuck you raw and then leave, and your friendship will be over too. Haven't you thought that if he did fancy you, he'd have made the move already?
  • Options
    you do not no how many times iv laid in bed with him and his been asleep and had his leg wrapped betweeen mine and his arm across my chest and iv wanted to do something but havnt. or iv woken up and weve been facing each other with our lips so close together that my nose will be touching his and iv just thought if i kiss him then i can find out and i just really want to do it but i no if i do this and he is like what are u doing then it will ruin our friendship and since we are in the same circle of friends and are living together next year, trying it on would be a major risk. i need the impossible to happen and him just tell me or make the move (if he does feel anything for me that is)

look, if you've come so far and he hasn't dumped his girlfriend yet for you, it isn't meant to happen. He just wants the best of two worlds, fun with you, but the security backup of his girlfriend. It all sounds so lovey dovey what you describe and if he was in love with you he probably had gone for it, but he hasn't...
    Teagan wrote: »
    He'll probably fuck you raw and then leave, and your friendship will be over too. Haven't you thought that if he did fancy you, he'd have made the move already?

yea, this.
  • Options
    This has bad idea written all over it...
  • Options
    now for someone who has a girlfriend, sleeping in a bed with another girl should be off limits right

How would you feel if he was seeing you, but sleeping in the same bed as someone else who liked him?

Whilst others may have a different opinion, I'd never consider doing this whilst in a relationship with someone. I'd also say that, contrary to the opinions of others, I'd suggest not even mentioning to him that you like him. If he liked you as much as you like him, then - assuming he has some moral integrity - he'd have split with his current girlfriend already.
  • Options
    He's definately attracted to you, but I don't think anything will come of it. He probably see's you as a close friend who he can flirt with while his girlfriend isn't around, for a bit of fun like. We all enjoy a bit of flirting while our partners aren't around, just messing about.
    I don't know whether he'd cheat on his girlfriend with you or not. But even if he does, it's probably him taking the flirting too far, and he'll run straight back to his girlfriend once the excitement is over and he realises what he could be ruining.
    I'm sorry, I've been in your situation many times before, it sucks. Don't give up all hope though, my girlfriend had a boyfriend when I first met her. Let him know how you feel and see if he leaves his girlfriend or not. It's the only way to find out, but prepare yourself for the worst.
  • Options
    he would probably fuck you if you offered, but he doesnt seem about to leave his girlfriend, so shame on him, and shame on you for messing with an attached bloke tbh.

How would you feel if you were the girlfriend and he was sleeping and flirting with another girl. Hes got no respect for her, and would have no respect for you either
  • Options
    I agree with Olive's idea. Just to add that you should stop putting out once you tell this to him, stop letting him sleep in your bed and stop the snuggles. You shouldn't be forcing him to leave his gf, it has to be a decision he comes to by himself.

If you have sex you'll just be stuck as the bit on the side. Why would he buy the cow if he can get the milk for nowt?

I think you've behaved really inappropriately with this boy already, but there's no point lecturing about that.
  • Options
    he would probably fuck you if you offered, but he doesnt seem about to leave his girlfriend, so shame on him, and shame on you for messing with an attached bloke tbh.

How would you feel if you were the girlfriend and he was sleeping and flirting with another girl. Hes got no respect for her, and would have no respect for you either

touché
  • Options

Exactly.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Exactly.

Yup seconded.

Sounds to me like he's missing the closeness of having a girl around, so he's gonna do everything he can but stop at the point that people would construe as cheating.

He's trying to have his cake and eat it.

I say find a hotter guy who treats his women better and who is up for a kiss.
  • Options
    Why is he sleeping in the same bed as you? thats not on! Besides, if he leaves his girlfriend for you, he will leave you for someone else.....It's happened to me.
  • Options
    PS I think if he REALLY had feelings for you, there's NO way he would be able to sleep in your bed and not want to do it. I think he knows you like him & it's a boost to his ego. He can obviously take you or leave you. If it were me, he'd be on the couch!
  • Options
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    PS I think if he REALLY had feelings for you, there's NO way he would be able to sleep in your bed and not want to do it. I think he knows you like him & it's a boost to his ego. He can obviously take you or leave you. If it were me, he'd be on the couch!

If it were me, he'd be in the bin.
  • Options
    If he would be me, I would be him.

very profound, hm?
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    If he would be me, I would be him.

very profound, hm?

Unless he was schizophrenic ... you'd only be half of him.
  • Options
    thanks for all your replies, i totally understand what you all seem to be saying. i no he does care about me and maybe be a little attracted (unsure about that) and i no he would never leave his girlfriend and i think id feel too bad if i tried to get him to break up with her, it would have to be him making the decisions. were on easter holidays at the mo so i wont see him for about a month, kinda kills me that i no he is back at home with his girlfriend but its something il have to put up with. i'm not guna leave things tho as i do really like him, but im not guna push for anything either. im just guna leave things as they are and if anything develops in the future then thats good but if it doesnt then nevermind. i could always try and make him jealous or just see if i get a reaction from him if i get with someone else but id feel like a bitch for just using people and also i dont want to be getting with random people just to see if says anything. i no how id feel if i was his girlfriend, and i do feel bad, even worse coz iv met her and she is a lovely girl but i cant help how i feel and i think when you have feelings for someone, you kind of just think in the moment, its all about how much attention and closeness you can have with them, and i tend to not think about how i get that, aslong as i get it.

I feel so confussed :(
  • Options
    You really need to move on and forget about him.