Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Height preferences

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm 5'3" and generally like guys 5'7" upwards.

Two reasons for this.
    Firstly I just like how it feels being with someone taller than me.
    Secondly, because I've never come across a guy who's shorter than 5'5" who doesn't have a mousey personality and I prefer a guy who has confidence and outgoingness.
    If I'd met a shorter guy who had a big personality I don't know if I'd particulally notice his height as much.
  • Options
    I suspect you already know the answer to this, or you wouldn't be asking. Thankfully, as is always the case with girls, they place less emphasis on looks than us blokes. I've got a really hot friend, and her boyfriend must be about 5'4 (she's about 5'1 at a guess).

Actually I wasn't sure. My preconceived idea was that it would be all down to random preference, and it was just one of those mythy things that girls want a tall, dark, handsome stranger of some sort. But then these ads were saying they want a guy taller than them and it pretty much put me off messaging them altogether when they are 5'7 themselves!

So I am a bit surprised in a sense in how prevalent the attitude is as most girls here said although they don't want a silly tall man they do like a taller guy understandably because then they feel protected and such. My shoes already have an inch heel on them as well :p maybe I should look for some bigger ones!

I don't think it gets in the way of a relationship as you love who you love prince or pauper giant or midget but I do think it gets in the way of meeting people. They will always be drawn to the tall attractive stranger not the short computer geek ;) so I guess I need to find a way to make myself a bit more attractive to the opposite sex. Then again, not massively fussed, just been almost a year and a half now since I've been going out with someone.
  • Options
    Just grow an awesome mustache, wear dark sunglasses (even indoors) and work on your fake french accent. Height is irrelevant by then.
  • Options
    so about 5'3 then? :p

I actually don't know how tall I am, people have guessed my height and that's about the interquartile range :p one person said they think I'm 5'5 but nobody else has so I don't really know, and I cba to go and be measured :p
  • Options
    You do know you don't have to go and be measured to work out your height......?

Stand straight against the wall, put a book on your head and hold it against the wall. Wriggle, put pencil mark at the bottom of the book and then measure from ground to pencil mark using a ruler.

Voila.
  • Options
    I still don't care enough :p
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Just grow an awesome mustache, wear dark sunglasses (even indoors) and work on your fake french accent. Height is irrelevant by then.

:thumb:
  • Options
    I prefer shorter girls so I can sleep in the hair.

I'd feel a bit weird with a taller girl, but it's all about the proportions. I'm 6 foot so it's pretty rare that I end up with a girl of the same height. Not to say that I wouldn't go for one. She'd just have to be excellent in the kitchen.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    They will always be drawn to the tall attractive stranger not the short computer geek ;)

I go out with a relatively short computer geek. He just happens to be taller than me because as I already said, I'm really quite short. My first boyfriend was shorter than me :)
  • Options
    Im 5ft 2 inches+my partner of nearly 9 year is about 5ft 9
  • Options
    Wow, so many munchkins on here.
  • Options
    That is just the so-called prince charming concept. But there are also a lot of girls out there who does not have any height prefences. It diesn't really matter as long as personality wise the 2 of you are compatible.
  • Options
    That is just the so-called prince charming concept. But there are also a lot of girls out there who does not have any height prefences. It diesn't really matter as long as personality wise the 2 of you are compatible.

That's something I'd like to believe :)
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    That's something I'd like to believe :)

hahahaha, dream on

:razz:
  • Options

Facial hair is awful. And so are French accents.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Facial hair is awful. And so are French accents.

and so is your pretty subjective view of what is good and what not.... to some.
  • Options
    I like accents :D maybe i should start a favourite accent thread :p
  • Options
    hahahaha, dream on

:razz:

I will! I'm an optimist :)
  • Options
    I have a thing about short girls. I don't know why.
  • Options
    drachir wrote: »
    I have a thing about short girls. I don't know why.

IS IT A GOOD THING OR BAD??AND I HAVE AN ACCENT LOL
  • Options
    I have a northern accent, doesnt do me any harm.
  • Options
    Me and my boyfriend are about the same height and depending what shoes we're wearing at the time either one of us can be taller. I think it's lovely being at eye height with each other!!
  • Options
    Me and my ex were about the same height - he was possibly a tiny bit taller and it didn't bother me, I thought he was gorgeous and it was nice being level with each other. Only downside was I couldn't wear heels, but I wasn't much of a heel girl back then anyway. If I'm attracted to a guy then anything from the same height upwards is fine with me. As long as they're not crazy tall.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Facial hair is awful.

Doesn't do me any harm.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Doesn't do me any harm.

I likes a bit of chin-pie. :thumb:

Although not keen on full on beards or tashs.
  • Options
    don't mind height, used to think I wanted a tall dark and handsome guy that made me feel all protected but, I'm my own person now and just want someone I get on well with.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Doesn't do me any harm.
    Same with a lot of men :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm 5'6 and prefer someone taller than me, current bit of fluff is 6'2.

Last bloke before him who was on the scene was 6'4. I have a thing for really tall blokes, they just are pretty good at being protective. I'm just a sucker for that cliché. :blush:
  • Options
    im 5'3 and i always go for taller lads. Id be happy with anyone taller really.
    The lad im seing now is 6'4 and i love it, makes me feel secure and protected i think.
    It sounds shallow but i wouldnt go out with anyone shorter than me, Not because it would bother me, but because of what other people would think, and i do care what other people think.
    Like i know even being with my mates "oh my god look how tall she is compared to her boyfriend hahaha" which would constantly play at my mind i think. I Like the idea of my boyfriend being taller and bigger than me, i like to feel protected.