Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Threatened miscarriage

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks everyone. I have to discuss tests with my gyni monday morning before the D&C. Hopefully we will get some answers. In the meantime, I am now starting to get "period pain". I really hope it stays in there till monday, I'm scared of seeing something I don't want to see. It's been hard enough. If the pain gets bad I think I'll head to A&E anyway just to be on the safe side. thanks for all the support here, will keep in touch xxx
  • Options
    big hugs coming your way, hope things hold off for you
  • Options
    Well I'm back from the hospital, D&C over & thats that (well physically anyway!). Thanks for all the messages of support that I've gotten from everyone here. It's been a tough few weeks, but my gyni is very good & is organising tests straight away. Just briefly on the topic of miscarriage, they say 15 % to 25% of pregnancies end this way, but I think in the grand scheme of things, its alot higher than this. My cousin, who is a nurse in the Fetal Assessment Unit in our General Hospital, was on duty thursday morning of last week ( I had my scan friday). She said there were 6 women waiting for just routine scans, at 12 weeks gestation or so, & out of the 6, 4 had no heartbeat found! Thats just one average day. Sadly it's taken me 34 years to begin to see the reality of life....