Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Threatened miscarriage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can't believe this is happening. Please if anyone has any advice?

I had a miscarriage with pain & bleeding in december at 7 weeks. Now expecting again, and was 7 weeks on monday. Just as I thought I'd gotten past the DAY it happened last time, BAM, bleeding & pain. Last pregnancy i was scanned & all looked ok, but after a few days the heartbeat was gone. This morning I was scanned, there was the heartbeat & all, (again)& now I'm praying for this bleeding to stop or else I'm goin back down the same road as december. I've got to keep my doc posted, but there's basically nothing they can do to stop a miscarriage. I'm so terrified. Why is this happening?

Comments

• Options
    Hi NavyBlue :wave:

Your question is a difficult one to answer. Medically speaking, you would have to ask your Doctor, or perhaps speak to someone at NHS Direct about the science behind why and how a miscarriage happen. Their page on bleeding during pregnancy may be worth taking a look at? Have you had a conversation with your Doctor about this already?

It sound's like you are scared of experiencing the same pain, emotionally and physically again. This is totally understandable. It may sound daft and perhaps impossible for you right now, but trying to relax could be the best things for you at the moment? Have a relaxing bath or read a happy book?

Do you have anyone that you live with? Anyone that you can talk to when you are feeling anxious?

Please keep posting to let us know how you are getting on and don't forget to call your Doctor with updates.

Take care of yourself :):)
  • Options
    Sorry, I know nothing about miscarriages but I wanted to wish you & your little one well.....Positive vibes are coming your way!

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))
  • Options
    its hard to relax and enjoy a pregnancy after a miscarriage, thats for sure.
    Just remember that whilst any bleeding in pregnancy must be checked out, its actually fairly common, and it doesnt necessarily mean you will miscarry.
    I had a big bright red bleed when i was pregnant with Felix and I was beside myself thinking i was miscarrying again, but it was fine. A lot of people bleed in pregnancy. I really hope its nothing. You must be so worried but try to stay calm. Youve seen theheartbeat, and once youve seen the heartbeat, your risk of miscarriage drops quite dramatically
  • Options
    Thanks for your posts. Well I was admitted to hospital during the week & was discharged today. They scanned me again this morning & I couldn't believe there was a heartbeat! Last time- the heartbeat was gone at this point in the pregnancy. the gyni said there didn't appear to be any blood around the baby which is good. The bleeding is probably from the placenta forming, but of course if it gets worse I have to go back to the hospital. for the moment things look ok. I just wish the bleeding would stop! It's been 5 days now.....it seems a long time, i just hope it'll all be fine.
  • Options
    My friend had a lot of bleeding during her pregnancy and was given a sick note so she could stay off work and completely relax and take it easy. She's got a 3 month old boy now :)

Hope it all goes well for you. It's natural to worry but you've had a scan and it was allnormal so remember that and take it easy x
  • Options
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    Thanks for your posts. Well I was admitted to hospital during the week & was discharged today. They scanned me again this morning & I couldn't believe there was a heartbeat! Last time- the heartbeat was gone at this point in the pregnancy. the gyni said there didn't appear to be any blood around the baby which is good. The bleeding is probably from the placenta forming, but of course if it gets worse I have to go back to the hospital. for the moment things look ok. I just wish the bleeding would stop! It's been 5 days now.....it seems a long time, i just hope it'll all be fine.

:D

That's great news. Try to stay positive and continue to speak to your Doctor, family, friends and The Site about how you are feeling.

Take care - :)
  • Options
    Thanks for you posts. The bleeding continues but it's not so bad. I have good support from my Husband & family, thank god. I suppose I'm just nervous as the miscarriage was only 4 months ago. thanks for the support & please god all will be ok.
  • Options
    One week of bleeding. It's light, but I'm so tired now. Has anyone else experienced this & things turned out ok? I was scanned again yesterday & the baby seems fine, just a teensy bit small for LMP date. (8 weeks) Sorry this might sound gross, but how can someone bleed through their cervix if it's closed?- which mine is (confirmed by doctor). I've been searching the internet but can't get an explaination. Any advice ???
  • Options
    but how can someone bleed through their cervix if it's closed?- which mine is (confirmed by doctor

It's closed in the sense that it hasn't dilated, it doesn't mean things like blood can't get through. What the doctor is looking for is to see if the hole is bigger than it should be; an 'open' cervical os would mean that a miscarriage is inevitable.
  • Options
    Thanks Go away. I just couldn't get my head around that before but I see where you are coming from. Last time with the miscarriage it was closed too & the misc was incomplete. The loss is lighter the last day or two but it's so scary! It's over a week since I bled first & it's just a miracle that it hasn't affected the baby. My next scan is friday week, so I'm praying that all will be ok.
  • Options
    Hope all works out ok
  • Options
    Well I'm still in the land of the living. Things seemed to have settled a bit but I can only take one day at a time.
  • Options
    When is your next scan? Really hope it works out for you :)
  • Options
    Friday morning is my next scan. Since the bleeding stopped I've been having some nausea, so hopefully this is a good sign.
  • Options
    definitely a good sign!
    hope you get some good pictures at the scan!
  • Options
    Hi hun how ru today?
    Aww yes def good sign let us know .how far will u be fri at scan ?
    I had scans from 3week+6days 7week+1day and 9week+4days before my normal 12week scan!
    Had alot probelms with my 2nd daughter and alot scans.
    If you can when get 28week have a 3d scan its amazing wel worth the money i had my done at warrington 155 pound
  • Options
    Hi Folks thanks for all your support, but my news isn't good. I was scanned this morning, but there was no heartbeat. Even though the bleeding stopped over a week ago. They said it was 8 weeks in size- I should have been nearly 10 weeks now, so it obviously stopped after my last scan on april 5th. I can't really believe I've just had a second miscarriage. I have to have a D& C monday.I feel so scared at the thought of starting again & how long we might have to wait. I just don't know what I've done to deserve this. Has anyone else been through this? Any Advice Please......
  • Options
    oh no, im so sorry to hear your news :(
    I know nothing I say is going to make you feel better, but wishing you lots of strength
    ((hugs))
  • Options
    Hugs.

xx
  • Options
    Hi hun aww i know how u feel i went thru exactly same thing+twice
    I lost twins at 6wk cudnt do me scan heavy bleeding had do my hormone levels hcg over a week +second time i was 9 weeks i knew sumit wasnt right
    I had to lie to get scan!+i was right it died at 6wk again same as last time. If you need chat p.m me .
    And big hugs +loves.
    And id wait at least 5month let your body settle down +make sure you had at least 2 cycles.
  • Options
    I am extremely sorry to hear this news....:crying:

Take care
  • Options
    aaw really sorry to hear that x
  • Options
    Thank you all for the support. I'm at a loss, trying to get my head around this! I bled for over a week, had 3 scans while bleeding, and all 3 scans were perfect! Then the bleeding stops and a few days later so does the heartbeat! I mean what the hell! With my miscarriage in December, the heartbeat stopped while i had the bleeding. Which you would expect I suppose. But it really looked like things had settled down this time. I don't know where to even start trying to deal with it this time, as this has been going on 3 weeks. Last time it was only one week. I've no bleeding now & still feel pregnant & I did a test today & it was a strong positive. But i suppose with missed miscarraiges your body still thinks your pregnant as the foetus is still in there. If it wasn't for my husband & family I think I would give up. Since we married last August, we were so looking forward to starting a family. But it's been nothing but heartache. How do I get over this?
  • Options
    I dont know. Do you think you feel strong enough to try again soon, or do you think youll have a break?

My miscarriage was one of the most heartbreaking things i have ever been through. It must just be so traumatic to happen twice in a row :( I really feel for you
  • Options
    I really dont know what to advice to give, I only want to say how sorry I am for your loss.

Stay positive and hopefully you'll feel strong enough to try again
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Oh love. I'm so sorry to hear that. Try and keep strong xx
  • Options
    so sorry to hear that, :( thinking of you x
  • Options
    Hi NavyBlue

We are all so sorry to hear of your miscarriage.

You have had some great messages of support from the users here. To answer your question of how to get over this is very difficult, as everyone heals and copes in different ways. It sound's like you have some great support around you with your husband and family - this is extremely positive, and they will undoubtedly play a big part in the healing process. You may also want to check out this advice page - it has a link to a support website along with some other bits of advice.

Take care of yourself and keep posting - big hugs :)
  • Options
    I am so sorry...I am thinking of you :(
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that *hugs*