Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pope has blood on his hands!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You're right: religion as a whole doesn't suck because the Pope's an ageing, virginal, bigoted fuck-wit - though the Pope is one of the many reason the Catholic Church sucks ass. However, religion as a whole still does suck, for innumerable reasons. And organised religion sucks even harder. Labelling oneself as this religion or that religion is one of the most worthless and futile tasks ever undertaken; as soon as towing the church-line suits, it's all 'I, as a Christian, believe...', but as soon as it doesn't it's all 'well that's not my interpretation, and the upper echelons of my church have it wrong'. It's cod shit.

The Pope holds some seriously insidious beliefs, and holding those beliefs is a prerequisite for being leader of his fruity little club. He sucks; his club sucks; his God sucks.

I'm going to make a point here of saying that I'm not going to grace this with an answer. I'll get nowhere.

But as far as I'm considered, 'his' God is my God, and the God of everyone else too for that matter. And my God definitely doesn't 'suck'.

Think what you will.
  • Options
    I'm going to make a point here of saying that I'm not going to grace this with an answer. I'll get nowhere.

The chances are you're not going to change my mind, no. However, that's only one part of debating on a message board - you may well make headway with other people reading.
    But as far as I'm considered, 'his' God is my God, and the God of everyone else too for that matter. And my God definitely doesn't 'suck'

If your God existed he would totally suck, reading the Bible tells us so in no uncertain terms.

Does it not bother you that the Pope, a man who holds a list of odious views as long as my arm, heads up the world's large Christian church? That a man who believes condoms are likely to increase the problem of AIDS in Africa is allegedly God's highest mortal representative?
    Think what you will.

Cheers.
  • Options
    The chances are you're not going to change my mind, no. However, that's only one part of debating on a message board - you may well make headway with other people reading.

I was never intending to change your mind. I'm not that much of an idiot. But there is no sense in trying to make you see that not everyone who believes in God is a raving lunatic.

Does it not bother you that the Pope, a man who holds a list of odious views as long as my arm, heads up the world's large Christian church? That a man who believes condoms are likely to increase the problem of AIDS in Africa is allegedly God's highest mortal representative?

Excuse me, but where did you get the idea that this might not bother me? I have never suggested anything of the kind. In fact, it outrages me and disgusts me. And that, I'll thank you, is why I'm not a Catholic.

Cheers.

Not a problem.
  • Options
    To me this just shows the power of religion to brainwash individuals. It seems to relace rationa nd discretional thought for a lot of people whoo then just base whatever they say on something they read in the bible or whatever.

It's useless just expecting eeryone in Africa to suddenly withhold sex prior to marriage. It just doesn't work like that I'm afraid....
  • Options
    I was never intending to change your mind. I'm not that much of an idiot. But there is no sense in trying to make you see that not everyone who believes in God is a raving lunatic.

You don't need to make see that, it's a belief I already hold. However, I never claimed that people who believe in God are raving lunatics, and you're still to put forward a rebuttal to my initial claim that religion isn't innocuous.
    Excuse me, but where did you get the idea that this might not bother me?

Probably from here:
    But as far as I'm considered, 'his' God is my God

but I'm starting to fear you were talking in a more non-denominational, wolly-edged sense.
    I have never suggested anything of the kind. In fact, it outrages me and disgusts me. And that, I'll thank you, is why I'm not a Catholic.

This particular incident, or at least the Pope in general, is the reason you're not Catholic?
  • Options
    You don't need to make see that, it's a belief I already hold. However, I never claimed that people who believe in God are raving lunatics, and you're still to put forward a rebuttal to my initial claim that religion isn't innocuous.

Probably from here:

but I'm starting to fear you were talking in a more non-denominational, wolly-edged sense.

This particular incident, or at least the Pope in general, is the reason you're not Catholic?

I don't agree with the Pope. Jesus should be at the head of any church, not a fallible human being. And yes, this incident and others.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    From YOUR personal perspective, what time and place is that, as a matter of interest?

I am under contract with another party in which one of the terms calls for exclusivity on the usage of each one's love gun. Therefore the time and place is decided by mutual consent.
  • Options
    The Pope has responded to the criticism made against him here.

Well, sort of. :p
  • Options
    I am under contract with another party in which one of the terms calls for exclusivity on the usage of each one's love gun. Therefore the time and place is decided by mutual consent.

So what has that got to do with the Pope and his notion that condoms are spreading AIDS? Are you saying that only married or partnered people should be having any sort of sex?

You both have a "love gun"? I didn't realise. ;)
  • Options
    So what has that got to do with the Pope and his notion that condoms are spreading AIDS? Are you saying that only married or partnered people should be having any sort of sex?

I was answering your personal question.

I do not care much what sexual activities people get up. I was pointing out earlier that I thought abstinence wasn't such a bad idea when the enviroment one was in is apparently awash with sexual disease. That is a choice one has to make.
    You both have a "love gun"? I didn't realise. ;)

I tend to see love guns as counterparts. The clitoral glans is homologous to the glans penis, as is the clitoral hood to the foreskin.
  • Options

But as far as I'm considered, 'his' God is my God, and the God of everyone else too for that matter. And my God definitely doesn't 'suck'.

Think what you will.
    Not if I don't believe a "God" exists.
  • Options
    I was pointing out earlier that I thought abstinence wasn't such a bad idea when the enviroment one was in is apparently awash with sexual disease. That is a choice one has to make.

That's a bit of a moot point, isn't it? I don't see how it contributes to the discussion on what the Pope had to say. :confused:
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Not if I don't believe a "God" exists.

Very good. Very good. But I don't know why you felt the need to tell me that. I was talking about 'if'.
  • Options
    That's a bit of a moot point, isn't it? I don't see how it contributes to the discussion on what the Pope had to say. :confused:

Yes I suppose it is.

However my response was a reply to your personal question about "time and place" which appeared moot to me at the time.
  • Options
    I cannot find any figures myself but does anyone know how the Pope came to the conclusion that using condoms increases the spread of HIV/AIDS?

In an attempt to avoid "mootness" I will hypothesize on what might be going on under that little skull cap of the Roman Catholic club.

If one was to use the topical analogy of financial institution bailouts as an example, one could put forward the argument that the protection given (the bailout) is a bad thing because it encourages more of the same behaviour by those recipients of the bailouts. A policy of "carry on with the same irresponsible behaviour as before because you will be offered protection of sorts against the consequences of those actions".

The main reported official causes of aids/hiv in Africa for example is the use of prostitutes and general promiscuity. The Pope allegedly said that "the distribution of condoms CAN EVEN increase the problem". If he did say that, where is he in error ?

The bailouts CAN EVEN increase the problem. The problem is too much debt yet the powers that be want to encourage more of the same from both the institutions("they must start lending" mantras) and the debtors ("the economy will improve if people start spending").

Does anyone think aids/hiv infection will decrease if people are encouraged into whoremonging and poking the next door neighbour so long as you have a packet of three in your pocket/purse ?

I have my doubts.
  • Options
    Yes I suppose it is.

However my response was a reply to your personal question about "time and place" which appeared moot to me at the time.

Well, I want clarification what you were trying to say because you seem to enjoy writing posts as figuratively as possible. So it wasn't 'moot' by any means.
    The main reported official causes of aids/hiv in Africa for example is the use of prostitutes and general promiscuity. The Pope allegedly said that "the distribution of condoms CAN EVEN increase the problem". If he did say that, where is he in error ?

Because there is no research to suggest that using condoms does increase AIDS? The Pope has come to his own uninformed opinion. People obviously 'whoremonger' in spite of not using condoms otherwise there wouldn't be an AIDS epidemic. But at least condoms give them a pretty good insurance that they will not contract the virus more easily.
    Does anyone think aids/hiv infection will decrease if people are encouraged into whoremonging and poking the next door neighbour so long as you have a packet of three in your pocket/purse ?

I have my doubts.

And I do believe that if everyone DID use condoms, then AIDS would not be as prolific as it is now. Sure, it will not be wiped out altogether but it it will decrease.
  • Options
    In an attempt to avoid "mootness"

By the way, I am attempting to engage in friendly debate with you. I am just trying to understand where you are coming from in your arguments.
  • Options
    By the way, I am attempting to engage in friendly debate with you. I am just trying to understand where you are coming from in your arguments.

I never doubted it ! My "mootness" comment was more of an apology of misunderstanding than than perhaps the sarcasm it has been perceived as.
  • Options
    I never doubted it ! My "mootness" comment was more of an apology of misunderstanding than than perhaps the sarcasm it has been perceived as.

Cool! Thanks. :)