Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

people with disobedient dogs

13»

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    This isn't a thread about disobedient dogs, it's a thread about one particualr owner that for whatever reason won't control his dog.

This is not an issue that should persist ffs. If the owner fails to act, then you have to act.
    Grow some bollcoks. Tell the owners that he has to sort his dog out or you will.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    This is not an issue that should persist ffs. If the owner fails to act, then you have to act.
    Grow some bollcoks. Tell the owners that he has to sort his dog out or you will.

That's easier said than done, I don't think he wants to offend his friend and dog owners can be very protective over their dogs
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    That's easier said than done, I don't think he wants to offend his friend and dog owners can be very protective over their dogs

It's not the dogs fault. It's firstly the owners, and secondly the guests. If they're offended then tough shit.

DO SOMETHING. Rather than sit there like a muppet and then moan about about it later.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    It's not the dogs fault. It's firstly the owners, and secondly the guests. If they're offended then tough shit.

DO SOMETHING. Rather than sit there like a muppet and then moan about about it later.

I have done something, if you'd read my posts. When i say anything at all, the owner just says "He's just being friendly".

Now other than kicking the dog in the nuts, there doesn't seem much more I can do.
  • Options
    Well, that isn't the dog being disobedient, is it?
  • Options
    I'm trying to push the dog away, telling it to get down etc and it ignores me, I call that disobedient.
  • Options
    I'm trying to push the dog away, telling it to get down etc and it ignores me, I call that disobedient.

Probably not using a commanding enough tone of voice.
  • Options
    Ok this is getting silly now. I missed the 'how to talk to dogs' lessons at school. I'm telling the dog to get down, it ignores me, I complain to it's owner and she tells me it's just being friendly, I come on here and moan about it - simple as that.
  • Options
    You insist there's nothing you can do about it when quite clearly there is.

Either be commanding and strong enough to tell the dog to fuck off or commanding and strong enough to tell the owner to sort it out.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I do think that puppies in general are a bit of a nightmare. They dont really calm down till theyre about 2
  • Options
    You insist there's nothing you can do about it when quite clearly there is.

Either be commanding and strong enough to tell the dog to fuck off or commanding and strong enough to tell the owner to sort it out.

I push it away, it thinks I'm playing. I ignore it, it thinks I'm playing. It's not my dog so it's not my place to tell someone else's animal to behave. This is what I'm pissy about, people who just let their dogs hassle people. I shouldn't have to feel awkward in someone's house just because their animal does what it wants to. I could keep away but the problem is still there. What do I do, tell them I'm not going around until the dog is 7 and calmed down? I'm not losing a friend over a dog.
  • Options
    for gods sake

i presume if ya going round the house, that ya pretty good mates with the owner?

if thats the case, why dont u just tell your mate straight? say you like his dog, but ya on ya way out and dont wanna be covered in hair!!!

not hard, god, if ya cant talk to ya mate about summat as daft as that, whats the point in bein mates?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    if thats the case, why dont u just tell your mate straight? say you like his dog, but ya on ya way out and dont wanna be covered in hair!!!

I do - and guess what she says? You know, the thing I've said about 4 times in the thread now, "Oh he's just being friendly".
  • Options
    I do - and guess what she says? You know, the thing I've said about 4 times in the thread now, "Oh he's just being friendly".

so?
    what do u say when she says that? nothing i bet

just say "i appreciate he's being friendly but i'd rather you get him off me"

just put ya foot down!!!!
  • Options
    The last time I was there I said something like "I was hoping to keep these trousers clean for work" to which she smiled and giggled as if I was making a joke. I then told her that I could see the dog wouldn't hurt anyone but is too exciteable and gets in my face, her reply was "Well he's a puppy, what do you expect".

:banghead:
  • Options
    The last time I was there I said something like "I was hoping to keep these trousers clean for work" to which she smiled and giggled as if I was making a joke. I then told her that I could see the dog wouldn't hurt anyone but is too exciteable and gets in my face, her reply was "Well he's a puppy, what do you expect".

:banghead:

Personally I would give a big commanding and almost agressive NO to the dog right in front of her. If the dog doesn't repsond she surely will.
    And you can always tell her clearly you don't like the attention from the dog and if she doesn't make the dog behave you'll kick it away, or you'll stop visiting.

Your asseration that there's nothing you can do about it is rubbish though.
    Weekender Offender