Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How easy is it to earn £20,400 a year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Going by the OP he doesn't bother look for work, READ the post, hes a scumbag. even his cousin admits this.

There are VERY little reason for both parents NOT to work and dont you think if there was a valid reason the orig poster would have mentioned it 8-) dumbass

:yes: :D:lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    There are VERY little reason for both parents NOT to work and dont you think if there was a valid reason the orig poster would have mentioned it 8-) dumbass

There's no reason to insult other users - if you can't disagree with someone else without insulting them then it hardly reflects well on you or your point of view.
  • Options
    I agree with Hellfire, that if there was exceptional circumstances (like a disability) then that would have been mentioned and the whole situation would have been different

(Unless I've got it wrong :blush: )
  • Options
    wha... so i cant call someone a dumbass if i think there being dumb? thats not an insult.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    wha... so i cant call someone a dumbass if i think there being dumb? thats not an insult.

I think you'll find that's 'they're being dumb' :razz: and yes it is an insult, so leave it out please.
  • Options
    oh, so its not an insult when you use it :razz: :razz:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    The figure of £20,400 includes the rent.
    Just over £1000 a month Is not a lot of money for two people with a rapidly growing child.

There will be a reason why they are getting these benifits. You can't just claim benifits and refuse to work, you need an excuse not too. Now as the OP hadn't gone into enough detail I think anybody here knows enough to call him a scumbag, doing so would be a little judgemental and rather stupid.

If those of you really think that this bloke is better, why don't you go and jack you job in and live off the social? I don't think it's preferable.
    If anything I feel sorry for those living off benifits where they're claiming them legitimately or not.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'm sorry its bull, its easy to get money of the Goverment/Social, very easy and then find excuses not to work :rolleyes: and why dont I do it, because I actually gain respect from myself for working and I wouldnt lower myself like that

and I know first hand it is very easy not to work at get away with it. my father use to do it.
  • Options
    I'm not quite sure how anyone is in a position to call anyone a scumbag given the lack of information from the OP. The OP's post is nothing more than a badly thought out rant and I really don't see what the issue is.

It's not easy to "scam" the benefit system, although some people are more aware of what excuses work than others. If the OP thinks that the situation is dodgy he can report his cousin anonymously, which is what I would suggest he does. As for the freebies, I really don't think that's true; except for a £500 grant for a new child, any other budgeting help is in the form of a loan which has to be repaid.

But I disagree that both parents should be at work, with a new born child. Parenting is a full time job and I have no problems with my tax money being used to pay for parents to stay at home and care for their children.