Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A thread about people who ring call centres

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I work for a large british bank, and the calls I get are hilarious...baring in mind im a white welsh girl....the amount of racism you get is unbelievable....against indians and welsh people!

Me "Good Morning ******, Louise speaking how can I help"
    Cust "Yeah fckin right"
    Me "Pardon?"
    Cust "Bet your name is fckin jarpinder....fckin indians.....beeeeeep"

Cust "Oh I was just wondering....I have a cheque can I pay it in over the phone?"

Me "Good evening ******* your through to louise how can I help"
    Cust "Well I was wondering if you could get my balance"
    Me" Yeah not a problem could I take your sort code and account number"
    Cust" well I dont really want to give you that"
    Me"....well mr customer i will need that to get you your balance.."
    Cust"oh ok then its 494849 4934898"
    Me" that doesnt seem to be a ******* account number and sort code mr customer"
    Cust" Oh no...im with natwest but those bastards are in india so I thought id phone you"

You get some welsh hating fckers on the phone too
    Cust "Are all welsh people as thick as you"
    Cust "Aha I bet you shag sheep"

I actually said to one cocky customer, who I was having a bit of a laugh with...."Yeah well we shag em you eat em"....It didnt go down too well! :P
  • Options
    I had a guy on the phone who couldn't pass DPA as he was refusing to give me his date of birth.

Me: I need to confirm your date of birth before discussing any account details with you.
    Cust: I don't want to give you my date of birth.
    Me: I can't proceed with the call unless you can pass DPA.
    Cust: You don't need to know my date of birth, I can tell you something else. I'll tell you how much my bill was.
    Me: It's company policy that I ask these questions. I already know your date of birth, it's on my screen in front of me.
    Cust: Yeah well I don't want it on your screen, you shouldn't have that information anyway.
    Me: You chose to give us the information when you opened an account with us.
    Cust: I want to speak to a manager... etc.

The guy eventually gave in and provided his date of birth after one of the managers talked him round. Very weird, paranoid bloke though. His first name on the account was down as only an initial.
  • Options
    cuppatboys wrote: »
    Cust "Oh I was just wondering....I have a cheque can I pay it in over the phone?"

:lol: I temp for a bank and some of the customers really are that stupid.

The ones that dont give you personal information that you need for DPA are annoying, we dont do it to piss you off, we do it because its company policy.

I dont have to deal with customers very often thankfully.
  • Options
    I once had a call centre job that involved cold-calling people. Most were quite nice, you'd have the occasional thug who starts swearing at you, but the people who pissed me off most were posh stuck-up bitchy ladies.

"Is this a convenient time ma'am?"
    "NOOOOO TIME IS EVERRRRR A CONVEEEENIENT TIMMEEE, HOW DARRRRRRE YOU..."

If they were rude at me about how it was an ex-directory number and they requested not to get unsolicited calls, I'd take down their number and then after work keep calling them pretending to be window cleaners / mortgage brokers / Indian internet support etc. :lol:
  • Options
    tinkler wrote: »
    I once had a call centre job that involved cold-calling people. Most were quite nice, you'd have the occasional thug who starts swearing at you, but the people who pissed me off most were posh stuck-up bitchy ladies.

If they were rude at me about how it was an ex-directory number and they requested not to get unsolicited calls, I'd take down their number and then after work keep calling them pretending to be window cleaners / mortgage brokers / Indian internet support etc. :lol:
    How is it rude to not want people bugging you all the time trying to shove shit down your throat? People doing cold calls should expect to get abuse.
  • Options
    I used to work in the Egg call centre

This one guy came through and told me he didnt have an account but he loved our hold music and asked me to put him on hold and if i knew what it was. It was some classic stuff which wasn't anything spectacular to me!

So i sat there for a good fifteen mins with him on hold, good times!
  • Options

So you have the occasional person who gives you shit, then you go fuck them off by ringing them on your own time and pissing them off even more?
  • Options
    That's right, we have a wanker list at work. They win prizes like a pound of bacon or whatever any time it's a bit slow and we all feel like a giggle.
  • Options
    cuppatboys wrote: »
    I
    I actually said to one cocky customer, who I was having a bit of a laugh with...."Yeah well we shag em you eat em"....It didnt go down too well! :P

You'd have been sacked on the spot if that was true :D;)

The callcenters I love are the ones who make cold calls and when I pick up I'll speak to them but I'll use all kinds of bad language. Not to be directly nasty at them, but things like "Ah yes, it p***es me off when the f***ing government do that, shower of c***s the lot of them" to the point where they usually say things like "Please stop using such bad language sir" to which I always reply "You rang me, this was a cold call, I didn't ask you to phone me, so you will put up with whatever language I choose to use".

The call usually ends at that point.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster

You are a dick - nothing else to say!
  • Options
    I do that quite often... build up tons of coppers then spend it on £1-2 stuff at a newsagent. What else is there to do with coppers, throw them away? They really should be banned right now with lowest denomination 5ps - just round everything to the nearest 5 or 10p!

thanks another price rise ! take the coppers to the bank !
  • Options
    thanks another price rise ! take the coppers to the bank !

lol i dont believe you :razz:
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I'd love a call like that, I'd so play them along hehe.

yea reminds me of my nan telling me about all the calls she took (at home) for the local pizza place that had a similar number, she took tons of orders for customers who obviously never got their order.....
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    One that Matt Liverpool might like...

Client: Eeeh, they've stopped me benefit, fuckers.
    Me: Did they tell you why they stopped your benefit?
    Client: Eeeh, the fuck..
    Me: Please stop swearing otherwise I won't be able to help you
    Client: Eeeh, they sed ah'd not signed on and wohn't lookin fer werk.
    Me: Did you look for work?
    Client: No, ah din't, ah were too busy ter do it. Not fair, the immigrants get everything.
    Me: You're on JSA, you have to look for work. They're right, goodbye....

PS: To be fair to some of your callers, Matt, I know for a fact you're meant to refer to Community Legal Advice if people want benefits advice. Why don't you?

We've never been told to :confused:

Usually all i have to do is tell them to press the button next to job seekers direct on the phone which says benefits, that one always seems to catch them off guard!
  • Options
    Bit of a funny story- some background, my dad died in december of last year.

Back in Easter time, when I was at home, I picked up a cold call asking if it were possible to speak to Mr Thorne, my dad. To which I replied "i'm sorry, he's dead."

The caller promptly got off the phone... cruel, but it made me laugh.
  • Options
    I work in a shop... my best stupid customer moment so far was this:

I'm stood behind the till point - confused looking customer walks up to me
    "is this where you pay?"

Was so hard to not be sarcastic.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    I work in a shop... my best stupid customer moment so far was this:

I'm stood behind the till point - confused looking customer walks up to me
    "is this where you pay?"

Was so hard to not be sarcastic.
    I get those too with customers coming round drive thru. We have an outside booth which says ORDER on it, one inside the main building which says PAY, twice, and then another which says COLLECT, also twice.

So I'm sitting in "ORDER", and it's usually quite busy, and so the customers can see that there are cars stopping at my window, ya know. And they come to the window and they say "Do I order with you?" and it's like, no, I'm being paid to sit here doing nothing :rolleyes:. Then I say "that will be x amount, pay at the next window please"....so they then go and drive right past it and straight to "COLLECT".
  • Options
    I had a stupid cunt ringing me up on Saturday wanting to know what his Sky PIN number was. Don't even work for Sky ffs. :D
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I had a stupid cunt ringing me up on Saturday wanting to know what his Sky PIN number was. Don't even work for Sky ffs. :D
    That's no excuse :no:
  • Options
    It's not so much the silly questions that make bang my head against the desk though, it's mostly the attitude afterwards when you tell them you have absolutely nothing to do with benefits and i get the "oh really? ...how weird" reaction, as if i'm doing them a dis service.
  • Options
    I've completed the training for several and left once they'd paid me. I did work in one for a while though and most callers were actually okay - the problem is the monotony. I couldn't stand it.
  • Options
    I only had a look at a telemarketing call centre to say to the lady "look I'd rather not waste your time" she was so snotty about this great call centre with regs here there and everywhere even a flipping dress code.....
  • Options
    I only had a look at a telemarketing call centre to say to the lady "look I'd rather not waste your time" she was so snotty about this great call centre with regs here there and everywhere even a flipping dress code.....

Did you even read the title of the thread or are you just looking for another opportunity to whine about your pitiful employment plight?
  • Options
    Another funny thing to do if you have a customer's number when they've been an absolute cunt to you is post it on www.gumtree.com saying they're hot, sexy and looking for some bumfun. :lol:
  • Options
    Another funny thing to do if you have a customer's number when they've been an absolute cunt to you is post it on www.gumtree.com saying they're hot, sexy and looking for some bumfun. :lol:
    Yeah because that's a grown up way to behave :rolleyes:
  • Options
    If i had that happen to me after id been a bit abusive, id put two and two together and go and get someone sacked :P
  • Options
    is that because your a pitiful sad cunt
  • Options
    You should have asked him which god was setting the rules that day, chortle.
  • Options
    Him: Where are you based mate?

Me: Bristol.

Him: Not India?

Me: No, Bristol.

Him: Thank God I'm speaking to a white man for a change.
  • Options
    BlackArab wrote: »
    Him: Where are you based mate?

Me: Bristol.

Him: Not India?

Me: No, Bristol.

Him: Thank God I'm speaking to a white man for a change.

:lol: