Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Comedown cure?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    big amounts of a heavy spirit and diazepam if its available

prolly not healthy but certainly takes away the paiin
  • Options
    probably not healthy but i do find getting drunk works lol
  • Options
    Take as many placebos as possible.
  • Options
    Nice old thread... I'd like to see budda recommend someone to take ketamine to alleviate a comedown now :)
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    It's an antioxidant but it's not going to help your imdeiate comedown in any way.

Why don't you try it first.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Why don't you try it first.

Why don't you try and back it up with some reasoning of why it's supposed to help.

I've taken vitimin C whilst off my nit and coming down and experienced no difference whatsoever. That's vitimin C helps you come down, or eliviates you comedown has no basis in fact.

It's a myth, and you've bought it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well if you're going to get your knickers ina twist!

Bananas are better than vitamin C since it contains megnesium(i think it's that anyway) which is better for reducing the MDMA content in your body.

The Vitamin C is for the alcohol and dehydration. Taking pills will make you lose water even faster and you can guarantee you will drink more while on pills.

Do what i said and maybe add a banana(i can never eat bananas after a night out though!) and you'll see the difference whether you believe it or not :)
  • Options
    Bananas are better than vitamin C since it contains megnesium(i think it's that anyway) which is better for reducing the MDMA content in your body.

Bananas contain tryptophan, which contains an amino acid the body uses for the production of serotonin. It's good for you but it won't have any immediate effect on your comedown.
    The Vitamin C is for the alcohol and dehydration. Taking pills will make you lose water even faster and you can guarantee you will drink more while on pills.

First of all what alcohol? I thought we were talkign about comedowns not hangovers.
    Secondly, Vitamin C won't have any noticable effect on your hangoever or comedown. Takign stuff that's good for your body is not the same as eleviating the symptoms of a comedown.
    Thirdly, pills on there own do not make you lose more water. You lose water through sweating by dancing, not through the simple act of takign pills.
    Fourthly how does vitamin C help with hydration? The way to keep yourelf hydrated is to drink water.

It is important to keep yourselff hydrated and to keep your sodium levels up if you dancing and losing a lot of water but vitamin C doesn't come into that.

Do what i said and maybe add a banana(i can never eat bananas after a night out though!) and you'll see the difference whether you believe it or not :)

It's myth, and the only way you might feel any benifit is if you convince yourelf it works i.e the placebo effetc.

It's easier to aviod a nasty comedown than cure it.
    Don't drink alcohol, don't mix with any other drug, get to sleep when possible, feed yourself before you ge on it and of course don't take so many pills.

As for a cure, there are none. The best hope you have is to disguise it with drink or some sort of drug with sedative qualities, but that's not sensible advice.

In truth the best answer to a comedown is sleep and time.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I guess it must just be a placebo :rolleyes:

Gps these days, they know nothing!
  • Options
    Gps these days, they know nothing!
    That is scarily true when it comes to recreational drugs.
  • Options
    I guess it must just be a placebo :rolleyes: !

I guess it must. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'd say a pint and being around people is enough to get over a comedown. But then I don't really suffer that badly... GBL/weed/diazapem is good otherwise.
  • Options
    Don't worry folks I'm clean now! :lol:
  • Options
    Valium.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    Valium.

:D :yes:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    right if you have nothing good to contribute don't contribute

Were you having a pretty grim comedown when you made this thread by any chance mate? :p
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Don't worry folks I'm clean now! :lol:
    What the fuck... get back on it!
  • Options
    grin and bear it :)
  • Options
    cavorting wrote: »
    A gin and what?
  • Options
    cavorting wrote: »
    And welcome to the assylum.
  • Options
    Had some coke at the weekend, got me feelign a bit moody days after so popped 3 5HTP and noticed the difference. Only problem is i get a different kind of short temper on 5HTP sometimes. Works though!
  • Options
    Didn't seem to think it was needed for coke?
  • Options
    Coke works on the dopaminergic system, 5HTP is a precursor for seratonin, so should be unrelated?

You might find 5HTP makes you feel generally better though anyway, regardless of the chemical effects of coke.
  • Options
    +Chimpy++Chimpy+ Deactivated Posts: 37 Boards Initiate
    Hi all, it's interesting to hear your thoughts.

It seems there is little evidence to suggest that one comedown remedy is better than another. After taking drugs your body is undoubtedly fatigued and dehydrated but since the chemical make-up of Ecstasy tablets varies from pill to pill, what one person ingests may be different to another.

Drugscope offers some general ways of dealing with the short-term effects associated with an Ecstasy comedown.

Quote:
    The best that can be done is to aid recovery with plenty of rest and healthy drinks and food such bananas and nuts. These contain not only vitamins and minerals but brain chemicals such as 5-HTP, that aid the production of the 'feel-good' neurotransmitter serotonin.’
  • Options
    Sorry Mr mod, Skive said bananas are a myth!
  • Options
    Bananas = 5HTP = good.
  • Options
    I agree, but apparently i'm wrong!
  • Options
    Sorry Mr mod, Skive said bananas are a myth!

No I didn't.
    As a remedy for making you feel IMMEDIATELY better they don't work. Same with 5HTP. In the long run they are good for helping replenish chemicals you lose from your body after takign ecstasy.

They will help with lifting you mood quicker as the week progresses, but yo say they are some miracle, quick cure to comedown as you do though is bollocks.
    Weekender Offender