Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Comedown cure?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
any homemade comedown cures that actually work.

Comments

• Options
    not useing....
  • Options
    Comedown from what? If MDMA, try 5HTP. Anything else, good food and sleep.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    not useing....

I'd rather face the comedown.
  • Options
    Where can you get 5HTP and for how much? just in a health shop or what?
  • Options
    Holland & Barret do it, about £15 for 60. You can get it cheaper online apparently.
  • Options
    not useing....

right if you have nothing good to contribute don't contribute
  • Options
    And how many do you need to take for them to work and when do you take them, after the yokes or before or what?
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    right if you have nothing good to contribute don't contribute

:p

Eat some toast if you feel sicky..then when you feel more settled drink some milk ti line you smoach after that go back to bed.
  • Options
    Not home made exactly, but if you do a search on the net theres plenty of sites that sell comedown cure pills. They smell vile (smelling them whether youre on a comedown or not is enough to make you want to throw up!), but plenty of people swear by them. Ive never bought them.
  • Options

Eat some toast if you feel sicky..then when you feel more settled drink some milk ti line you smoach after that go back to bed.

Thats for alcohol though aint it?

Everybody says drink some milk to line your tummy... it just makes you puke
  • Options
    I pulled this up from an old search for you.

I'm sorry but you buy the ticket you take the ride; if you cant handle what the drugs are doing to you you shouldnt take them.

However most people want to continue taking pills and other stuff when the comedowns get bad so I'll give you a few hints that might help; Dont blame me if it goes tits up though.

Pre and post loading your body may well help it to get over what you are doing to it.
    Pre-load with, well basicaly make your well slept, well fed and feel good.
    Post-load with 5-htp, this is a herbal suplement which MAY help replenish the seratonin (the brain chemical which make pills work) that your bodies used. Take one 50mg pill every night for the 5-7 nights after doing pills.
    Don't take 5-htp with pills.

Also spacing out how often you do pills to about once every two weeks at the least will give your body a chance to recover.

If you want to continue as you do then you want to look at what might take away the crap feeling.
    Taking a benzo (sleeping tablet) on the comedown will help a lot but they are difficult to get. You could always try talking to your doctor saying you have really big test and your stressed about it, he might give you some.

Theres also the new breed of non-benzo benzos, like Stilnoct and Zopiclone, I didnt like the first but the latter is good, I'm on an occational script for it myself.

Ketamine also works, well for some people, dont do very much though otherwise you might have a nasty experiance (K-hole)

I wouldnt recomend booze, it dehydrates you even further and will make you feel even crapper. It will also put even further strain on your liver, kidneys etc.

GHB works quite well too, but be careful you might knock yourself out if you dont know what dose to do. It also may well cause neuro damage because of its action of the dopamine gland.

Weed works for some people, to me it just makes me more edgy.

Valerian root may also help, this is a herbal insomnia remady which could be useful.

Also there are things like the opium style drugs but I wouldnt recomend those.

Hope this helps, also I hate to go on about it but you should test your pills, pure mdma doesnt give you such bad comedowns if its pure an not mixed with speed and other drugs.

Most of the 'comedown cures' I've seen are just bollox, they are just 5-htp and a multi vitamin, save your money.

There is also the option of getting over and done quick, flush your body with a gram or so of Vitamin C, this will flush the amphetamine/MDMA out quicker, the comedown will be harder but over quickly and you should be able to sleep.
  • Options

thats more like it
  • Options
    Milk does help to settle the stomach in some people, but like with chalk which I sometimes take to ease the acidic stomach that comes with amphetamine it may well lead to the comedown being longer as its harder for your body to expell the stimulant.

Milk thistle is supposed to be very good for your kidneys, or is it liver, that might help to, although I've never tried it.

You could also try using activated charcoal, that will soak up anything nasty thats in your system.
  • Options
    What you could do is...

- Eat bananas or anything that contains alot of protein and energy.

- Drink alot (not alcohol though ;))

- take a complete vitamins and minerals supplement and a 5-thp pill when you feel the effects arent really going down anymore, they reached a shitty plateau.

- not going to bed . Personally I find that not sleeping is the best way to go. I relax and smoke a bit of pot. That makes the next day easier for me.

- The next morning do some exercise at least 30 minutes , like jogging , it helps alot.

- During the day , smoke some pot , you feel so relaxed, it kind of dissipates the shitty feeling you have.

Heh thats what im used to do...
  • Options
    I dont really like puff after I have been out clubbing, it makes my head foggier and it makes me a bit jittery.
  • Options
    I know what you mean bongbudda, we've all been out and alcohol was involved but some were some other good things :)

What did anyone do the ove rthe weekend?
  • Options
    A little bump of good base on friday night and some nice skunk, nothing major.
  • Options
    i definitely believe 5htp helps, though someone above said you shouldnt take it until pills totally worn off- is it dangerous??
    other things that apparently may help are marmite and horlicks as they both contain something which supposedly helps dopamine levels. i personally try to do everything that may possibly help to get myself back to normal after a sesh so its worth a go.
    i think its also good if you find it hard to sleep after to delay trying to sleep until are pretty sure will be able to- if you are trying to sleep and cant its horrible and can make it worse once you get it in your head that youre not going to be able to sleep. also is best to try and eat something before get to sleep as then your giving your body some energy to recover with.
    oh and one other thing which i rarely suceed at keeping to but deffo helps if you do- stop taking anything for last few hours of the night as you normally dont really need to and youll be settling down by the time you get home.
  • Options
    I find hot strong cups of tea, a shitty pizza that seemed like a good idea at the time, a good friend and the best youtube clips your broadband can afford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n4M-6muXzw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX1XvcK55-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fVDGu82FeQ

EDIT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI42LSbwc8E

This one is my FAVOURITEST. I nearly wet my pants
  • Options
    Isn't time travel a wonderful thing.
  • Options
    Haha I've only just looked at the date on these.
  • Options
    Smoke a spliff.
  • Options
    Booze

Sleep

Light food
  • Options
    Ketamine and weed always worked pretty well for me :)

Also 5htp though they're not an instant cure, you need to take one a day, they work to replenish your serotonin levels that MDMA depletes.
  • Options
    Isn't time travel a wonderful thing.

haha i was witing for someone to notice..
  • Options
    This works everytime.

When you're out, say an hour before you're going to leave, start drinking water.

When you get home, take a 5HTP, eat some cherry tomatoes or tomatoes in general and take a vitamin C tablet, go to bed with a bottle of water, keep drinking it.

When you wake up have another vitamin C tablet and keep drinking the water. You shouldn't have any sort of headache and will just be tired now.

Then the last crucial part is to eat something VERY substantial like a roast dinner.

It works EVERY time if you follow it properly.
  • Options
    This works everytime.

When you're out, say an hour before you're going to leave, start drinking water.

When you get home, take a 5HTP, eat some cherry tomatoes or tomatoes in general and take a vitamin C tablet, go to bed with a bottle of water, keep drinking it.

When you wake up have another vitamin C tablet and keep drinking the water. You shouldn't have any sort of headache and will just be tired now.

Then the last crucial part is to eat something VERY substantial like a roast dinner.

As an alternative to 5-HTP, you can eat plenty of cheese or turkey breast, and drink plenty of milk. These contain high amounts of tryptophan.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    This works everytime.

And what's the vitamin C for?

Nothing cures a comedown except time. There are ways of making it less harsh and they do include keeping yourself hydrated and getting plenty of rest.
    Vitamin C, Tomatoes and 5HTP may be good things to get in you body after raving but will not cure you comedown.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    It works, try it. vitamin C helps take Alcohol and other nasties out of circulation.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    It works, try it. vitamin C helps take Alcohol and other nasties out of circulation.

It's an antioxidant but it's not going to help your imdeiate comedown in any way.
    Weekender Offender