Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The cost of living.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've finally settled into packing
  • Options
    I've finally settled into packing
    :D Packing it in?
    Sad innit ...we'll be a nation of basket weavers soon.
  • Options
    :D Packing it in?
    Sad innit ...we'll be a nation of basket weavers soon.

hehe I'm packing coving, if I'm lucky I'll get to be the machine setter, but I'm not too pleased that its a 50 hour week + 2 hours travelling a day, of course the 10 hour day was a last minute detail.... agencies I hate them
  • Options
    hehe I'm packing coving, if I'm lucky I'll get to be the machine setter, but I'm not too pleased that its a 50 hour week + 2 hours travelling a day, of course the 10 hour day was a last minute detail.... agencies I hate them

At least you have a job...
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    At least you have a job...

yep I do but am off for 2 days because they ran out of boxes so I loose 2 days pay.

I don't know what situation your in but i spent 6 months trying to find a job and I'm certainly not giving it up unless for another job (I was actually offered 4 jobs simultaneously) but a 12 hour day 10 work + 2 travel (getting up at 4:45 AM) is not too fun but ten at least I can survive comfortably... when I get time to myself
  • Options
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    Everything has gone up in price, even stamps are! Both 1st class and 2nd class stamps are due to go up 2p! Oh noeeesss!
    Alright, if stamps are really so expensive, don't use the postal service. Why don't you take the letter to its destination instead? Let's see how far you get with your 34p train ticket... :p
  • Options
    erm tescos "value" brand flakes have suddenly risen in value: 36p 3 days ago now 71p ! WTF and this is the low profile bearly tastefull value line was someone saying something about 3 % inflation ? the exspensive cereals are the same as before the mid range cereals have risen by 20 ood pence hm thats right fuck the hell out of us poor sods put the frosted flakes not the low cost crap we buy becasue we neded to save

oh and by the way tescos petrol (that is crap) is dearer than shell ! yes they have the perfect motto "every little helps"
  • Options
    the margins on value brand food is obviously lower than the posh cereals, so the suppliers can't absorb the rising cost of wheat and grains as easily and pass it onto you instead. get used to it :p
  • Options
    Grow food in your back garden. I think I will integrate some information on this on my new business venture :chin:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Grow weed in your back garden. I think I will integrate some information on this on my new business venture :chin:

Fixed.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    Fixed.

:D
  • Options
    so why didn't the 29p a bag cornflakes increase too ? oh I forgot they are so crap that unless they give them away no one will eat them
  • Options
    because they are made of corn. corn hasnt increased in price as much as wheat
  • Options
    my haircut increased by 2 euro!

admittedly i do look amazing, but still
  • Options
    I'm sure the 12% increase in Tesco's profits have nothing to do with this increase in prices we're all imagining
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    I'm sure the 12% increase in Tesco's profits have nothing to do with this increase in prices we're all imagining

duh, inflation is only 2.5% so suck it up!
  • Options
    The price of both wholemeal bread and of value butter has doubled in the last two years.

If I had the money, I could now buy a complete computer for what I paid for my current CPU.

I'd far rather it was the other way around.
  • Options
    these are interesting times, when the biggest food producing countries start banning exports all it takes is a bit of crazy weather and bad harvests to send people into a panic. the price of electronics and other discretionary goods will keep falling but i think the percentage of income that goes on food will return to historical norms. so much for technological advancements eh.
  • Options
    these are interesting times, when the biggest food producing countries start banning exports all it takes is a bit of crazy weather and bad harvests to send people into a panic. the price of electronics and other discretionary goods will keep falling but i think the percentage of income that goes on food will return to historical norms. so much for technological advancements eh.

Strange times indeed.
    For all our techno wizardy ...we are on the verge of food rationing in the western world.
    And interesting is the theory ...that all empires co;;apse when they have degraded their environment.