Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

RIP Charlton Heston

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Ah what a legend. Now all he needs to do is take Ben Hur (and any copies) to the grave with him so i never ever have to watch it again.
  • Options
    I always think of that song from The Simpsons whenever I hear about him.

Anyways, RIP mate.
  • Options
    DAMN THEM, DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!

Gun tootin' quasi-fascist but good actor all the same. RIP.
  • Options
    charlton heston IS PEOPLE
  • Options
    Recognise the name, couldn't tell you who he was though.

RIP anyway.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Recognise the name, couldn't tell you who he was though.

RIP anyway.
    Wasn't he in the beatles ...
  • Options
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Gun tootin' quasi-fascist

Indeed, good riddance on that score...

A couple of decent films though.
  • Options
    Indeed, good riddance on that score...

A couple of decent films though.

He was a massive supporter of Civil Rights and Martin Luther King and served in the USAAF during WW2, so to call him a facist because he supported the constitutional right to bear arms is a bit off to be honest...

Still RIP
  • Options
    His views on the right to bear arms is a perfectly legitemate point of view.
    I was outraged when our government took our gun rights away and still am. It was just the start of New Labours ban this ban that attitude.
  • Options
    His views on the right to bear arms is a perfectly legitemate point of view.

Not really, the whole right to bear arms thingy laid down in the Constitution is a throwback to the aftermath of the American Revolution. Well over 200 years ago, do you know what the Third Ammendment is?

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Another throwback to the American Revolution. I don't mind people holding guns as long as they're specifically for hunting and go through a series of tests to prove they are responsible adults. Having a gun in your house for "protection" leads to all sorts of problems.
  • Options
    He had nothing of intelligence to say anyways.
    Goodbye, and thank god you won't be turning up at any NRA meetings at inapropriate times again.
  • Options
    BritJamez wrote: »
    Goodbye, and thank god you won't be turning up at any NRA meetings at inapropriate times again.

Apparently Moore was doing a bit of selective editing to make Heston look like more of a wanker than he was. This is an interesting article:

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:ZmE-PpSVupgJ:www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html+charlton+heston+michael+moore&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=uk
  • Options
    Oh it's not just that. Various other times he's spoken out about such things at inapropriate times.
    There's always people like it I guess.
  • Options
    The guy was a few screws loose and was taken advantage of by the twats at the NRA, and then later the nobhead Michael Moore, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Not really, the whole right to bear arms thingy laid down in the Constitution is a throwback to the aftermath of the American Revolution. Well over 200 years ago, do you know what the Third Ammendment is?

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Another throwback to the American Revolution. I don't mind people holding guns as long as they're specifically for hunting and go through a series of tests to prove they are responsible adults. Having a gun in your house for "protection" leads to all sorts of problems.

Everyone having a gun in their house is one of the best bulkwarks against tyrannical government. RIP.