Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Loud Cars

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote:
    i can't stand posers who cruise around with their window down, arm hanging out and music blasting out (cause its usually shite or just 'bump bump bump bump')
    And the ones who have loud exhausts so they go zooming up a 30mph road showing off and nearly killing anyone in their path. Compensating much? :p

They're both as bad as each other, tbh...
  • Options
    I've never got why people would want to draw attention to the fact that they're driving such a crap car. Same as having those stupid exhausts that make it louder. I'm sure on a good car it might actually have some benefit, but on a Vauxhaul Nova, it'll just weight it down more than anything.

But just after England knocked Wales out of the rugby world cup, we saw a car driving round Aberystwyth with it's windows wound down, the England flag flying from every window, playing God Save the Queen full blast. That's the only time I've liked people doing it.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Exhaust kits improve performance, they're not just to make it sound louder.
    You wouldn't complain about a TVR or a Harley driving past.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i can't stand posers who cruise around with their window down, arm hanging out and music blasting out (cause its usually shite or just 'bump bump bump bump')
    And the ones who have loud exhausts so they go zooming up a 30mph road showing off and nearly killing anyone in their path. Compensating much? :p

:mad: I hate loud exausts! The boyfriends friend used to have this suped up suburu that was loud as fuck. Now his vip is just as loud. I hate it. He loves it.

The worst, as Stupid said, is when you get some pos with the giant tailpipe tring to pimp it out. I was next to a Geo Storm yesterday who revved its little engine at the stoplight. :lol:

I work right off the highway and live right off a busy street and I hate hate hate loud cars. Even when I'm driving home half my conversation is, what? couldn't hear you some jackass just drove by.

And god help me how I hate motorcycles and their loud shit too. :mad: Hate the summer time.

Ed has a noise canceler hooked up in the bedroom just for that. Makes sleeping much easier... possible.
  • Options
    There's no real perfomance increase between a large exhaust and a huge exhaust when they have such a shit car. You have to admit that when someone's driving round in a 1.0 Clio with a huge exhaust it does seem kind of stupid...
  • Options
    There's no real perfomance increase between a large exhaust and a huge exhaust when they have such a shit car. You have to admit that when someone's driving round in a 1.0 Clio with a huge exhaust it does seem kind of stupid...

Yes of course, but it would make a difference if you were driving a Clio Williams.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i'm not into flashy cars...i don't see the point in them. Why spend thousands on a flashy car when all you do is drive it, and you can have a normal one for much less that does the same job.
    I don't understand sporty cars that can do these crazy speeds...whats the point when theres speed limits?
    Loud exhausts sound awful full stop.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i'm not into flashy cars...i don't see the point in them. Why spend thousands on a flashy car when all you do is drive it, and you can have a normal one for much less that does the same job.
    I don't understand sporty cars that can do these crazy speeds...whats the point when theres speed limits?

This is a fair point. For me personally, if I wanted a car, I wouldn't get one which can go over 100mph or something - I'd get one which was suitable for me and was reliable.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

It's all about apreciation of performance. The power, the speed, the looks, the sounds and the smells.
    It's a hobby that people get passionate about - can't see the harm in that.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    im always really concious of how loud my music is, i dont want it loud enough so it can be heard outside my car but im not sure how loud it has to be!! but then today i had to drive with my windows open due to the heat and it was hard to hear my own music :(

it does get on my nerves a bit when people have it excessively loud and i dont think its very smart either, because they wont be able to hear anything else, and it scares old pensioners
    it doesnt make me angry though unless they do it at night and its so loud that i can hear it in bed
  • Options
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Exhaust kits improve performance, they're not just to make it sound louder.
    On a £100 vauxhall nova?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Yeah, but if you have a car that has a top speed of about 150mph, and you drive it 70, you're only using the engine to a fraction of it's potential, so theoretically it should last longer and be more reliable. Whereas your crappy little car might give up after a few years.
  • Options
    i live in a flat next to some traffic lights in the town center. people in cars that play music that makes my windows shake betwen 12am and 7 am want shooting
  • Options
    don't like it when people park up outside my house at the takeaways nearby and leave the music going loud. during the day I have no problem with it really...

I have my music up quite loud when i'm actually moving but tend to turn it down a bit when driving through built up areas =)
  • Options
    Why do people care about their car?
    Same reason people care about, what they wear for example, what sort of mobile they have etc etc

When im driving i wanna be able to put my foot down and have the power to go!!! I can drive safely and within the limit and have some fun in a fast car. Cars with higher engine performance have higher standards of brakes and suspension, so taking a corner at 60mph isnt a problem-its fun! You can overtake more safetly.
    Driving from A to B gets boring so might as well have fun doing it.

Nobody complains about high performace motorbikes, so why motorists.

Oh and to everyone that moaned about people having music loud- do u not listen to loud music at home or on ya ipod???
  • Options
    Anyone find it annoying when people with huge bass systems in their car drive into your quiet road and play their loud music whilst they're waiting for someone to come out of their house or honk their horns cos they're too lazy to ring the doorbell?
    how old are you ffs?

the time to moan about loud things is when you are 80 years old!

i like my music flat out, so fuck you!

:) :hyper: :D
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:

Nobody complains about high performace motorbikes,

???

When you live next to a busy road you do :mad:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    When you live next to a busy road you do :mad:
    Or on a country road where they go whizzing past at 150mph!
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    how old are you ffs?

the time to moan about loud things is when you are 80 years old!

i like my music flat out, so fuck you!

:) :hyper: :D

Maybe you need a hearing aid :chin:
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Oh and to everyone that moaned about people having music loud- do u not listen to loud music at home or on ya ipod???

No I don't. I play my music loud enough so that I can hear it, but not loud enough so that everyone else has to put up with it...
  • Options
    Maybe you need a hearing aid :chin:

maybe you need a life?