Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ban cigarette displays

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's as if our government has been taken over by the school debating society. At the end of each session is a show of hands ...hey look kids ...this is democracy in action!
    No it fucking isn't ... a classroom full of children have debated something voted on it and ...ACTUALY BEEN GIVEN THE POWER TO ACT!!!!!!!!
    Lucky it hasn't been taken over by a university student union - otherwise they'd just be promising us endless free beer... :p
  • Options
    TDM wrote:
    From next April, if smokers want to buy cigarettes they will have to uncover them during a day-long treasure hunt using a series of very difficult clues.

The Daily Mash, as usual, have it spot-on:

Link
  • Options
    Just wondering, if we were to post a load of logos of cigarette companies and people smoking, would thesite get in trouble for advertising tobacco if they left them up?
  • Options
    Just wondering, if we were to post a load of logos of cigarette companies and people smoking, would thesite get in trouble for advertising tobacco if they left them up?
    Try it ...please ...lets see ...you do it ...i'm sick of getting in trouble.
  • Options
    MarlboroKids.jpg
  • Options

Well I don't think it conravenes thesite's rules.

But it's common knowledge that smoking is big and cool and will get you laid.

And to think, the health fascists and anti-smoking nazis would probably want such iconic images such as these banned / photoshopped

MPP50056~Audrey-Hepburn-Posters.jpg

james_dean_smoking.jpg

mn_hunter0387.jpg

RobertJohnson.jpg

Next thing you know, you won't be allowed to show Sherlock Holmes or Popeye smoking... I seriously wouldn't put it beyong some people.
  • Options
    pallmallhomeps8.gif

We will probably go on the same list now as people with cameras!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    smokead.jpg

I honestly, also, really DO MISS the Labert and Butler billboards. They were AWESOME.