Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i'm...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why do you think?

I would have thought staying at home, at least initially, would have been far more beneficial as she'll need some support etc as she gets used to being a mother.

I've not seen any indication of her parents throwing her out in her posts.

So, my question is still valid.
  • Options
    possibly.

Id have hated that though, and not all mothers would be up for that even if they did have the space.
  • Options
    possibly.

Id have hated that though, and not all mothers would be up for that even if they did have the space.

U-huh.

I know I wouldn't like somebody interfering all the time, but still, I've never been a young single mother (would be a very, very strange world if I was!! :lol: ) and it may work out for the best :)

Whichever - If Michelle is happy, then all good.
  • Options
    one of the first things my mum said to me was 'well you'll be moving out now wont you' and not as in a question, as in telling me.
  • Options
    one of the first things my mum said to me was 'well you'll be moving out now wont you' and not as in a question, as in telling me.

Well that answers my question then.
  • Options
    congrats chelle and best of luck with the baby!

For accomodation can you afford the private sector? You would get housing benefits, all the other benefits and such. I wonder if your parents are going to help out until you're settled?

Otherwise if you need a place to stay you can apply to the council for a council house, but there's no guaruntee you'll get one. I guess the best people to speak to would be a benefits advisor who knows exactly what you'll be entitled to :).

You could always try ask thesite?
  • Options
    For info, you could look at www.direct.gov.uk :)
  • Options
    with housing my mate had to go homeless before the council would do anything for her.
  • Options
    congrats! good luck with being a mum. you could try your local citizens advice for answers theyre usually very good at working out where you need to go for help and what you're entitled too.
  • Options
    Congrats! Take care of yourself.