Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i'm...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..pregnant :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    bloody hell, guess you must be shocked.

you ok tho? have you got someone you can talk to about your problem?

good luck!
  • Options
    First things first, don't panic. How are you feeling about it (aside from :crazyeyes)?
  • Options
    i am shocked. i am shaking like fuck!
    tried to call the father (who split up with me on sunday!) but he isnt answering the phone.

and i feel sick.

i'm keeping it. no doubt about that. but am scared to tell my mum & dad, they are going to freak out.
  • Options
    Congratulations, and good luck telling your parents. xx
  • Options
    hope you are ok, i'm sure your parents will help you xx
  • Options
    Ah yeah, the recently ex-boyfriend and new pregnancy situation. I was in that predicament many moons ago and instead of concentrating on myself and telling the people who actually loved and cared about my welfare I spent days on end trying to contact and then (once contacted) trying to justify my pregnancy to him while he was consistently the nastiest little shit he could've been. I made myself ill worrying about his reaction and about getting HIM to believe me when there were much more important - and pressing issues - to deal with. Obviously, if you're planning to continue the pregnancy then he needs to be told, but he's not rushing to answer your phone calls so I'd leave a message (text or voicemail) saying you need to speak to him about something important and then wait for him to get back to you. I'm 99% sure he'll know it's pregnancy or an STD, so how quickly he'll get back to you will depend on whether or not his balls have dropped. But he will.

As for telling your parents, well... you need to be straight with them. Have you told any friends? If you have a close friend then it might help to have them with you for moral support and whatnot, depending on your relationship with your parents. But just take a deep breath and do it, tell them calmly that you've made a decision about it and you want their support. They'll almost definitely be shocked and react accordingly, but chances are they will come around. I wish you all the best with it, don't be scared :)
  • Options
    You don't have to tell your parents if you don't want to - unless you decide to keep it obviously. Similarly you don't need to tell all your friends at this point either, but you need to probably talk to someone you trust and who will support you.
  • Options
    Oh my, what a shock this must be. I wish you all the luck in telling your parents. No doubt they'll be shocked, but with some time they'll come round I'm sure.

All the best.
  • Options
    Congrats! Everything will work itself out. Good luck talking to your parents.
  • Options
    Bloody hell chelle! With regard to the parents situation, tell them sooner rather than later. They will probably freak out a little at first but they are bound to support you and be there for you.

BTW thos tablets your taking for your back...better ask the doc if it's safe to carry on taking them
  • Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hi Chelle,

First of all congratulations.

The thought of becoming a mum can be extremely daunting at times but it’s important to know that you are not on your own. There are lots of different support networks out there who you can talk to about any worries that you might have. Tommy's pregnancy information helpline is a really helpful service for mums-to-be. You can give then a call on 0870 777 30 60.

Have a look at our section on pregnancy and parenthood to get more information on staying healthy though your pregnancy, becoming a parent and life as a young mum.

Like lots of other posters have said, it’s probably better to tell you parents sooner than later. I’m sure they’ll be very supportive and will respect your decision to keep the baby.

Good luck with everything and let us know how it all goes.

:thumb:
  • Options
    oh wow, dare i say congratulations, even if youre not that ecstatic about it just now.
    I hope it goes well with telling your parents, and i hope it doesnt take too long for them to come round to the idea.

x
    good luck
  • Options
    good luck with everything chicken :)
  • Options
    good luck hope it turns out alright.x
  • Options
    hi, thanx for all the congratulations! its sunk in now and i am feeling very happy and positive!

talked to the dad....he was surprisingly good about it all. said that what ever i decide he will support me. which is the best outcome i could have hoped for!

still dreading telling my parents, i dont even know how to say it to be honest!
  • Options
    hi, thanx for all the congratulations! its sunk in now and i am feeling very happy and positive!

talked to the dad....he was surprisingly good about it all. said that what ever i decide he will support me. which is the best outcome i could have hoped for!

still dreading telling my parents, i dont even know how to say it to be honest!

Congratulations, your folks might be shocked but I bet they will soon come round and will be as excited as you about it:)

I can remember when I told my folks, I was 19 so thought they might think I was abit young. I was so nervous, I said to them "weve got something to tell you....." and started crying and put my head in the sofa (lol:rolleyes: ) and my mum asked my fella, he said 'yeah' very nervously. Mum was more shcoked than dad, but she soon came round, buying EVERYTHING for baby! Now my little one is here, and everyone is so happy:heart:

You'll be fine, good luck with everything:)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    congratulations :D

I am sure everything will be fine - good luck
  • Options
    Im sure everything will be fine hun, good luck :)
  • Options
    just to let you all know...i told my mum. and she was ok about it, she said she would never ask me to go through an abortion again and i think they fact that the dad is standing by me has made it better too.
    i havent told my dad yet, my mum said she thinks he should meet the dad first before we tell him.
  • Options
    Glad to hear things are working themselves out so far with your family and the father :) Take care and good luck with it all :)
  • Options
    :D yay
  • Options
    Hope he sticks by his word.

Well done :thumb:
  • Options
    Awww glad to hear that chelle. Didn't kno they knew about your abortion before. At least they are gonna support you :) Yay your gonna be a Mommy!!
  • Options
    i dont even know how to say it to be honest!

Drop it out obliquely, to test the ground.

Mum, can you knit ?

How are you fixed for baby sitting ?

Where can i buy a bottle seteriliser ?

Can you still cash in milk tokens for 10 B&H and a scratchcard ?

Congratulations btw :)
  • Options
    GhostGirl wrote: »
    Hope he sticks by his word.

i am just taking it with a pinch of salt right now. and pretty much ignoring all what he is saying about us getting back together.
    but i do think that he will support me, even if it is just financially.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  • Options
    aleox wrote: »
    Didn't kno they knew about your abortion before.

was my mum who basically forced me into it :(
  • Options
    ok so now i have all these questions that i have no idea how or where to get the answers!
    like how to i find out about help with housing? cos im going to have to move out now, and i dont want to rely on the father to sort this out.

how do i do all this stuff? i'd like to get the ball rolling now and atleast it'll put my mind at rest.
  • Options
    ok so now i have all these questions that i have no idea how or where to get the answers!
    like how to i find out about help with housing? cos im going to have to move out now, and i dont want to rely on the father to sort this out.

how do i do all this stuff? i'd like to get the ball rolling now and atleast it'll put my mind at rest.

couldnt you stay with your parents to begin with? might be easier?

otherwise you need to contact the council, theres good advice and help on the shelter website here:

http://england.shelter.org.uk/advice/advice-431.cfm
  • Options
    like how to i find out about help with housing? cos im going to have to move out now

Why?
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Why?

why do you think?