Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Parents disapproving

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My advice- get out of it now!
  • Options
    I think I know that you're all right. I think my dad's right too but it's hard. My mates think he's gonna mess me around and he already has started doing it and talking to me like crap already and we havent been together that long. Sometimes he's really nice when it's me and him but he changes a bit around other people.

And I know deep down that I should end it but I know it's gonna be hard because I've liked him for so long.

:(

Truth is you're 17 and you've got so many other guys to meet yet. So why stick with someone who only seems liek trouble and doesn't even sound like he's gona treat you well? If he's already started talking to you like crap you should be having alarm bells ringing and be thinking, wait a minute, why am i putting up with this? Don't settle for an arsehole!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Truth is you're 17 and you've got so many other guys to meet yet. So why stick with someone who only seems liek trouble and doesn't even sound like he's gona treat you well? If he's already started talking to you like crap you should be having alarm bells ringing and be thinking, wait a minute, why am i putting up with this? Don't settle for an arsehole!

:yes:
  • Options
    K well thanks everybody you've all pretty much said what my sister and best mate have said.

I'm gonna see how it goes the next few days then if it hasnt improved I will be upset but probably better in the long run.
  • Options
    K well thanks everybody you've all pretty much said what my sister and best mate have said.

I'm gonna see how it goes the next few days then if it hasnt improved I will be upset but probably better in the long run.

Good luck.

Personally I would get rid straight away before you either get spoken to or treated like shit and are more upset than you need to be.
  • Options

Why wait?
  • Options
    Well apart from a drunken phone call on Tuesday I haven't heard from him and my sister saw him in town holding hands with another girl yesterday so I'm pressuming thats his way of finishing with me. What a prick !
  • Options
    Probably a bit late for a reply now, but he sounds like a prick anyway and you're better off without him.

But on the whole parents disapproving thing, it does take its toll on a relationship. I went out with a guy for 2 years that my parents really didn't like. They didn't really have much reason to dislike him, apart from they were being a bit snobby/judgemental and said they didn't think he was good enough for me. A few of my mates were telling me the same. I stuck the relationship out because I really liked him, we had a great relationship together, and I wasn't living anywhere near my parents anyway. But it did cause several family arguments. In the end, the relationship ran its course and we broke up, but I do think that disapproval had an influence. At the end of the day, it's your choice who you want to go out with, but bear in mind it's hard to be 100% happy in the relationship when you know your parents are unhappy about it.