Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Student tasered at John Kerry Speech

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's two sides to every story, according to the comments on youtube he broke into the event (it wasn't an open forum, you needed to get tickets) then demanded to ask questions.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    There's two sides to every story, according to the comments on youtube he broke into the event (it wasn't an open forum, you needed to get tickets) then demanded to ask questions.

Yeah we knew that. How does that justify tasering an already restrained (by about 6 police) man? It's lazy policing, and exactly the sort of fears that people always had about the taser.
  • Options
    I wasn't saying that it was justified :) I personally thought it was abhorrent and would like to have said if I was there I'd have smacked one of the coppers. Revolution!

In reality I would have just stared though.

But yea, they did say 'stop resisting or we'll tazer you' - and he just made a bigger fuss. But over here two or even one cop can restain, cuff and lead away even an angry drunk so why can't the Americans manage an argumentitive student?
  • Options
    Pretty unlikely I think. Kerry isn't running anyway but this whole episode is politically damaging for Kerry anyway. And whilst the struggle was going on Kerry said he wanted to answer the question..

i heard this happened in 2004?