Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Benefits

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thats really cheap though. Round here that would be about a grand.

Round in Maidenhead house prices are horrific. This one was the cheapest all estate agents in town actually had! Unless I wanted to live in a grotty 3rd story unfurnished studio flat, which with my dog is not really practical, and even then that'd be about £600pcm :( Maidenhead is a horrible area for young people to live! Average house price is around £250k, around £200k minimum for the kind of house I'm in (one up, one down, + bathroom) The most me and my boyfriend were able to get on a mortage was 125k, which round here might just buy us a shed.

However... does my doggy count as a child? :chin: :D Maybe I should just get up the duff, might actually be able to have a comfortable life on my own without having to live at my parents then! hehe.

We will be able to survive on what we earn, from the many many hours infront of the calculator I shoved in! I was just kinda hoping there'd be some kind of help if we did need it, like if the car broke down or something. I am so moving out of Windsor/Maidenhead area once this lease is up and my boyfriend starts learnign to drive and passes his driving test though!
  • Options
    yeah, definitely move...if you can get a mortgage for 125K you'll be able to get somewhere in many parts of the country. My friend recently bought a 3 bed house, really nice with wooden floors, play room, downstairs loo, for 100k.
  • Options
    That's the kind of thing I'm after! :D So long as I can get a job paying the same amount of money where I go, it'll be great. I was looking at houses up north from when I was going to be going to uni the other year and nearly had a heart attack at how cheap they are! We'll be laughing with something that cheap! Don't know how anybody expects people in this area to actually move out ever. I know PLENTY of 30yr olds who are still living with mum and dad in my area... it's ridiculous. We have been so lucky to actually find the place that we did at the price it was. Not a bad little house either. Would love a bit more space though..
  • Options
    However... does my doggy count as a child? :chin: :D

No, unfortunately.:p
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    No, unfortunately.:p

Damn :lol: