Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How did you introduce your bf/gf to the parents

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My mom came home a bit early.
  • Options
    My bloke has known my parents for almost a decade, it's a non-issue and they love him dearly.

His mum is dead but I knew her back in the day when I was a wee bairn, she was lovely and I wish she was still around to be my mother-in-law but such is life I s'pose :( His dad is a Sicilian Jehovah's witness (!?) who hates everyone, so there's no pressure to be liked or even vaguely civil. Ha.
  • Options
    lucky88 wrote: »
    any ideas on how i can introduce the bf to my mum, once my mum knows the rest of the family will know in know time lol.

well my dad met my current ''kind-of-but-not'' boyfriend through work. and my dads a copper so thats not good.

other than that i always tell my mum things about who im with and stuff shes just easy to talk to like that.

formally introducing usually happens when they come and pick me up and knock on the door or something don't do formal dinners too awkard.