Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

why didnt he ask me

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Littleali wrote: »
    thing is though it was a work do but WITH partners

Yeah I know that. And there's no need to have a go at me.

Like it has already been mentioned, don't mix work with pleasure.

Am I the only one who doesn't think there's an issue here or something? he might've thought that she (OP) might've been busy that evening or didn't like his workmates or something.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »

no hard feelings, really now... but why do you always have the feelings everyone is having a go at you? I don't think littleali was offensive.
  • Options
    I have no idea where you got that idea from?
  • Options

Am I the only one who doesn't think there's an issue here or something? he might've thought that she (OP) might've been busy that evening or didn't like his workmates or something.

work was already being mixed with pleasure, they were on a night out and they work together.

i think he sounds immature, i'm not sure what age you both are? It's what adults do.

Sofie, would you think the same if your dad's work were having a night out and he didn't want to take your mum even although the other wives were going?

i'm not having a go, just making a point.
  • Options

I'm sure if he had any reason to think either of those things the OP wouldn't be wondering why he didn't ask her.
  • Options
    I really don't think it's necessarily a big deal, it all depends on the job, his position within the team, what the event was and who the other people from work going were.

Like I've said there are plenty of work things I've come across, (mine, my siblings, my parents) where it hasn't really fitted in to take a partner, even though it did for some of the colleagues. There's no need to take the immediate huff though, find out what's going on first.
  • Options
    angelgirl wrote: »
    Didnt really get to talk to him, cos when he woke up he said he had to go help his mate with something, and just rushed off, i told him i was pissed off with him and wanted to talk to him when he gets back, but now he's rang and said he doesnt know what time he'l be home at..

So decided to let him do his own thing and instead of sitting waiting for him i've decided to go out with the girls for drinks..

In my experience, blokes want to avoid trouble whenever they can, so if you told him in the morning you were pissed off with him (and it sounds like you might not have told him why too) and wanted to talk to him when he got home, you were actively GIVING him a reason to not rush home.......so not surprising he said he didn't know when he'd be home!

I know it's easier said than done, but with things like that, if you didn't have time to mention it properly in the morning, it might have been best to wait until the evening when there's time to bring it up properly.:thumb:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    It's very hard for us to give you a valid answer here.
    Maybe he's spending so much time with you, that he wants to go out alone and have some alone time with his collegues once in a while.

You should have asked him.

maybe so but he still should have asked her if everybody else was taking there wives and gfs id be very annoyed if my boyfriend did the same
  • Options

wtf sofie?

WHERE did i have a go at you?

yes, its ok not to want to mix business with pleasure, but when its a work night out and everyone else is taking partners, i think he should have taken her!

its not like no other wives/gf's were going!