Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Partner too good looking for you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im usually the other way round,i think im to good looking for my partner but maybe thats cause i go out with dogs lol woof woof wheres ma dogs at!
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    cassidy04 wrote: »
    im usually the other way round,i think im to good looking for my partner but maybe thats cause i go out with dogs lol woof woof wheres ma dogs at!

Why you with him if you feel you are to good for them? or is it the whole package you like?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Namaste wrote: »
    I used to... Well... Anyway...

Without getting anecdotal, often we think that somebody is above us in some way or that we aren't worthy, but it is also so very possible that they feel the same way.

If somebody is with you, or even just likes you it is because they see some sort of beauty within you. You should cherish that and feel glad for that and celebrate your togetherness because nothing sucks more than pushing somebody away because you think they're in a league above you.

:heart:
  • Options
    I feel a lot like this at the moment and it sucks.
    I didnt feel that way when we first got together, but im over 2 stone heavier now :(

Yeah, i know exactly what you mean and for the same reason - although mine's cake and booze weight!

Ah well. He lives with me now, so he can't get away ;)
  • Options
    I didnt feel that way when we first got together, but im over 2 stone heavier now :(

I've seen ya before... Well, pictures... And find it hard to believe that you'd ever be anything but beautiful.

So don't worry *hugs*
  • Options
    I heard a rumor he was 23...

Add 15 to that and your a lot closer.
  • Options
    Given that I'm completely narcissistic, arrogant and self-absorbed, this has never been a problem.
  • Options
    I have the opposite problem and sometimes think my boyfriend or whoever it is I'm seeing isn't good looking enough for me. I don't know why but I just have these high standards and certain types of guys I fancy and if they don't fit exactly then I start to think well do I really want to settle here. I think its partly due to my fear of commitment because maybe I'm looking for excuses as to why I shouldn't be in a relatopnship with this cute guy who treats me really well and blatantly adores me. And then instead I go for these guys who are stunners and are equally twattish. :confused:
  • Options

But you've just had his baby!! What could be more beautiful or appealing than being the mother of his child?? :)
  • Options
    "One man's meat is another man's poison" i do believe the old proverb used to say, sorry to bring back the cliches but it's definately right. I think the older i've got more i've really stopped worrying about what i look like in regards to my partner. I don't really care nowadays (well i mean not beyond the normal oh my god what to wear sort of thing). Maybe that's because the people i tend to date are good blokes who understand my personality and are people i've clicked with. Or maybe it's just because i'm at ease with who i am and what i look like now whereas before i never used to be.
    Although i'm not saying if i was sat with Brad Pitt fresh out of Troy i wouldn't be sat thinking oh my god i am such a munter and you are a god. :thumb:
  • Options
    Jesus, no. I've never once questioned my worth. That sounds really egotistical, but it's really not, I wouldn't even begin to be with someone if I don't want to be with myself first and foremost.
  • Options
    I'm definitely the 'ugly one' out of the two of us :p But we're both in our 40's now and there's so so sooooooooooooooooooo much more to a relationship than looks. 10 times out of 10 it's personality for me. Yeah it's an old, old cliche but it's so very true.

As for Katchika. It's very easy to be critical of yourself, looks wise. I know i am. But i've been astonished at the horny buggers that have found me attractive. :) So eye of the beholder and all that. You've landed yourself a tall, good looking guy who obviously wants to be with you, FOR YOU. So just sit back, enjoy the ride and keep your arms and legs in the car at all times :D
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Jesus, no. I've never once questioned my worth. That sounds really egotistical, but it's really not, I wouldn't even begin to be with someone if I don't want to be with myself first and foremost.

ditto. :)
  • Options
    I wonder why my boyfriend is with me every day. I know he's too good looking, but if he didnt fancy the way i look then he wouldnt be with me. There would be no point. So the my logical thinking gets higher priority than my insecurities most of the time and its not a problem.

I do wonder what other people think sometimes though, like if they're gonna try to take him away because im too ugly for him :( but if he can be taken away he's not the one for me anyway :)
  • Options
    I think if you did a random survery people would say my fella was better looking than I am, but that's not really the way I feel. I've never thought about it, his friends make lecherous comments and my friends drown him in a bath of drool so it all evens out ;) If anyone sits around making insecure chit-chat then it's him, but that's more relating to age than feeling not good enough etc.

But anyway, rather than the confidence about "us" coming from the fact that I feel as nice looking as him (which would be impossible due to his superhuman ego :razz:), it basically comes from our relationship and the fact that it's so... good.

I have been out with some supposedly "hideous" blokes but I can find the charm in pretty much any face, and it just depends which really catches my eye. As everyone has said, if someone thought you weren't good enough for them (in any which way) they wouldn't be with you - life's too short. Though I suppose things are a bit different if you're a mega-millionnaire... I guess that isn't relevant to any of us schmucks. I think everyone bar the wholly superficial think that way.

It really is horses for courses :thumb:
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I think if you did a random survery people would say my fella was better looking than I am, but that's not really the way I feel. I've never thought about it, his friends make lecherous comments and my friends drown him in a bath of drool so it all evens out ;) If anyone sits around making insecure chit-chat then it's him, but that's more relating to age than feeling not good enough etc.

But anyway, rather than the confidence about "us" coming from the fact that I feel as nice looking as him (which would be impossible due to his superhuman ego :razz:), it basically comes from our relationship and the fact that it's so... good.

I have been out with some supposedly "hideous" blokes but I can find the charm in pretty much any face, and it just depends which really catches my eye. As everyone has said, if someone thought you weren't good enough for them (in any which way) they wouldn't be with you - life's too short. Though I suppose things are a bit different if you're a mega-millionnaire... I guess that isn't relevant to any of us schmucks. I think everyone bar the wholly superficial think that way.

It really is horses for courses :thumb:

... you're a cuwte wickle MILF now ;):D Not sure if anybody else had pointed that out yet :lol:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    briggi wrote: »
    I think if you did a random survery people would say my fella was better looking than I am, but that's not really the way I feel.

Did you ever watch that show with Jimmy Carr and June Sarpong aired back in 2002? It was called your face or mine and it was completely addictive, but incredibly brutal and shallow! I used to watch it every day after uni with my then boyfriend. We always used to ponder over who would win the final round if we were on it. We never could decide, but in hindsight I suspect it would be me :razz:
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Did you ever watch that show with Jimmy Carr and June Sarpong aired back in 2002? It was called your face or mine and it was completely addictive, but incredibly brutal and shallow! I used to watch it every day after uni with my then boyfriend. We always used to ponder over who would win the final round if we were on it. We never could decide, but in hindsight I suspect it would be me :razz:
    Oh God that show was just painful but I :heart: ed it
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »

I'd forgotten about that show. That was evil, but amusing esp. Jimmy Carr, he was a right bastard :)
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Does anyone ever feel like they just don't match up to their boyfriend/girlfriend in terms of looks?

I think my boyfriend is really nice looking, plus he's tall and has a nice toned body :D

Which is obviously a good thing, it just makes me feel a bit paranoid about what he's doing with me.
    We get on really well but I just feel like he could do a lot better than me, lookswise.

I don't think I am totally ugly but I feel like I have to make quite an effort to look decent with my hair and make up etc.

Oh and the fact that he's tall means I feel silly when I go out with him in flat shoes/trainers. I can't reach him!

He showed me a photo album from when he was at uni and there were all these pics of him at some ball, with loads of pretty girls in. Ah I dunno. Is this just something I'm gonna have to get over with? I don't want to air my insecurities to him!
    I sometimes think like that about my partner - he's really handsome and I think im just average. But when we take pics together I kinda realise that we both have have the equal amount of "good looks" or whatever - I don't think i look too bad....just a bit too fat.
  • Options
    I think it's quite healthy if it's within reason.

I do sometimes worry about the whole package, whether I've enough to say for myself and everything else. Personally I think worrying about it a bit and having a bit of insecurity is more than normal. It also makes a fit bird even fitter in my eyes and the opposite is a total turn off.

I don't think it's a case of having to being in love with yourself for anybody else to love you, you just have to not hate yourself, cause that's when shit starts going down.
  • Options
    I've never wondered why he is with me as such, I've sometimes wondered why I've had to work so hard to keep him (or during the week when we'd split up, why I suddenly wasn't good enough), but I have still got him to myself so he obviously wants to be here.

He on the otherhand, was pretty insecure. He's much improved now, especially as he's getting closer to a job with the Police. I have a few emails from a while back which say "you could do so much better etc etc" and every time I gave him a huge kick up the arse over it.

Lets face it, you can't get better than somebody that puts Deep Heat on your nether regions to see what happens :shocking: (fuck it hurt!) but that then apologises and goes to gets a wet and very cold tissue to take it all off again. :p
  • Options
    No, I've never thought any of my girlfriends were too attractive for me. After all, they could never beat my manly good looks and charm. :p Seriously, there's no point even thinking of these things. Last year, I ended up in bed with this amazingly gorgeous leggy blonde, so I must be doing something right. If you think your partner's utterly delicious, brilliant! No problems here!