Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Two months for girl whose rape lie ruined cabbie's life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Two months, she should have been given ten years. Not only has she ruined a mans life, she also makes it more difficult for real rape victims to get justice.

And why is her picture blocked out, in cases like this it should be mandatory to identify the bitch, regardless of age.

Two months for girl whose rape lie ruined cabbie's life

www.dailymail.co.uk/pa...ge_id=1770

Comments

• Options
    The reason she remains anonymous is nothing to do with age, it is because complainants of sex crimes get anonymity for life.
  • Options
    i really dont think this little bitch deserves any sort of anonymity
  • Options
    I agree. In cases where it's proved beyond reasonable doubt that the accuser made it up (and if she's been convicted of this crime, then it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt) they should be named. It wouldn't effect genuine cases, because not having enough evidence to convict doesn't in any way prove that the accusations are false.
  • Options
    does the link work for anyone else?
  • Options
    Err no, but don't worry, it'll only be the usual Daily Mail bullshit.
  • Options
    Link doesn't work. I also find the use of the word "bitch" a little distasteful.
  • Options
    Full link here
  • Options
    I feel very sorry for the cabbie. That women is a disgrace, I'm pleased she was sent to prison, instead of receiving a slap on the wrists, only a shame it wasn't for longer.

:thumb:
  • Options
    I think the bit thats hard to swallow is, she admitted that she made it up but didn't want to look like a fool and retract her allegations.

Whilst she retains her anoniminity, he's already lost his job, is £12k in debt and lost the support of his friends and community. Pretty raw deal really.
  • Options
    That's fucking disgusting.

If I was super-rich, I would certainly be giving him some money to help him out - but he shouldn't be in this situation in the first place. Oh, and so much for "community". Why are they still shunning him?

Oh... and I recognised exactly where his photograph was taken before I knew it was Bradford.
  • Options
    she got a worse sentance than most rapists get tbh.
  • Options
    she got a worse sentance than most rapists get tbh.

It's still pretty harsh on the guy though, he's not a rapist.
  • Options
    She should be done for slander and made to pay the damages, quite frankly.
  • Options
    they didnt jail the guy!! They dont sentance people according to what the victim wants, although sometimes maybe that would be better justice if the victim could do the sentancing.,

Yeeh she should have got longer for sure, but most people who actually rape someone get away with it completely, so its not that surprising that someone who just commits perjury about something gets a short sentance.
  • Options
    they didnt jail the guy!!

That doesn't matter. Her allegations were clearly defamatory and as a result, his life has been ruined.
  • Options
    I think this is the right link.

She sounds like a complete bitch. She should be named. She ruined the reputation of an innocent and decent man - she's guilty of lying and is a nasty person who deserves to have her reputation ruined.

Those accused of rape should probably be given anonymity until they have been convicted.
  • Options
    Yea, but like you said, it's not about rape, this is a different case really.

It's about making up a lie that ruins someones life. It's terrible that rapists get away with it, but he isn't a rapist and this isn't really comparible to a rape trial in that way.

That she made such a horrible accusation and in two months she will be free and she'll be able to get a job and life and everything, whereas in two months he will have lost his home, his friends, doesn't seem right.

I don't think she should pay damages, because the punishment should fit the crime. Her crime was lying. A bad lie, so two months in prison does seem fitting. But it won't repair the damage that lie has caused in this mans life.

I think that some people assume because of the low conviction rate of rape, if someone is accused then they are probably guilty. Whilst the amount of false accusations are small in comparison to the people who get away with it, it comes back to the question:

- is it worse to put 1 innocent man in prison, or 10 guilty men walk free

Because of the scandal surrounding rape cases often, and the automatic prejudice as I stated above, this innocent man has suffered as if he was guilty, and will continue to do so. Which is tragic. And all because she was too ashamed to change her statement.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I don't think she should pay damages, because the punishment should fit the crime. Her crime was lying. A bad lie, so two months in prison does seem fitting. But it won't repair the damage that lie has caused in this mans life.
    So instead he has to pay out then? Her crime was lying, slander, yes - lying which in turn ruined his life and has put him debt. To be fair, her paying damages would be a fit punishment - he's only in debt as a result of her false accusations. Of course, it'll never happen, though.
  • Options
    Maybe.

But then how many teenage lads who smash car windows have to pay damages?

I think you need to do a civil action to get something like that. Not sure though. Either way, she probably won't be able to afford it so he'll just have to pay loads of legal fees and she'll declare herself bankrupt.
  • Options
    Yeh, like I said, it's good in theory but in practise of course it'd never happen.
  • Options
    In cases like this the person making the false accusation should recieve exactly the same sentence the "offender" would have recieved if found guilty, plus a fine for wasting police time, plus compensation to the person she falsely accused. She's fucked someone elses life up, the "justice" system should fuck hers up to teach her, and others like her who might be tempted to play the same sort of stunt a lesson.

Phew, went on a bit of a rant there.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    In cases like this the person making the false accusation should recieve exactly the same sentence the "offender" would have recieved if found guilty, plus a fine for wasting police time, plus compensation to the person she falsely accused. She's fucked someone elses life up, the "justice" system should fuck hers up to teach her, and others like her who might be tempted to play the same sort of stunt a lesson.

Phew, went on a bit of a rant there.

Agreed. It does seem (as usual) that the sentence goes in favour of the defendant and not the victim...
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Oh... and I recognised exactly where his photograph was taken before I knew it was Bradford.

Oh yes.

She looks like an 'orrible scuffball.
  • Options
    they didnt jail the guy!!

so?

they might as well have done, he doesnt have much of a life now does he?
    or at least not one that matches his old one before this lying cow came along!

yes, some rapists walk free, but that's a different matter entirely, many when cases against them cannot be PROVED (sad, but true)

it was PROVED that she is a lying, scheming trollop, and she should be punished accordingly

OAPs have gotten longer for not paying council tax!
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    so?

they might as well have done, he doesnt have much of a life now does he?
    or at least not one that matches his old one before this lying cow came along!

yes, some rapists walk free, but that's a different matter entirely, many when cases against them cannot be PROVED (sad, but true)

it was PROVED that she is a lying, scheming trollop, and she should be punished accordingly

OAPs have gotten longer for not paying council tax!

And how would one punish her accordingly?
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »

By naming her, for a start.
  • Options
    The guy is in debt directly because of her. I think she should pay something. And why should she not be named when she had no problem naming and shaming him for a crime he didn't even commit

It makes me really sad, he's obviously such a nice guy and he went out of his way to help her. That girl must be such a bitch
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    The guy is in debt directly because of her. I think she should pay something.

It's impossible to get money out of someone who doesn't have any to begin with though. I think in cases like this, they should pay them something like £10 an hour to do community service, which then goes to the victims, and they don't stop until it's all been paid off. :D

On the other hand though, it's not the girls fault that his "friends" and "community" still want nothing to do with him despite him proving his innocence. I guess things like this reveal the people who really are your friends. No offence, but they're all obviously a bunch of cunts.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »

naming and shaming, damages, longer sentence or at least what she has PLUS community service
  • Options
    It's impossible to get money out of someone who doesn't have any to begin with though. I think in cases like this, they should pay them something like £10 an hour to do community service, which then goes to the victims, and they don't stop until it's all been paid off. :D

good idea! :thumb: