Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is that bloody song?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Haha, I always thought it was NAME dont matter.. :(

Lol fuk knows!
  • Options
    Did everyone have the words up on the hall wall through an OHP, with tiny blurry handwritten words?
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    :no:

Essex birds :rolleyes:

(only joking :D )

Hahahahahahaha :impissed:

I've always been easily amused from a young age.. :o
  • Options
    Did everyone have the words up on the hall wall through an OHP, with tiny blurry handwritten words?

Nah, we got little hymns books. I remember the first song in the book was Morning has Broken (choon) and people always sang Glory Glory Alleilijiua as Glory Glory Man United :no:
  • Options
    Yup. Though one day they went all hi-tec and some of them were typed!

But not the ones that had call and response. Tylers Green hadn't invented colour printing...
  • Options
    We didn't have a hall :(. Well, we kind of did, but it wasn't a proper one. My primary school only had about 30 people in it total, though. It was tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny, but I loved it.

I miss primary school, actually :(.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Nah, we got little hymns books.

Bloody hell, that's a bit posh.

We had an OHP. And the headteacher, despite the fact that we sang hymns every assembly, still spent about 5 minutes at the beginning trying to put the transparency on so that it didn't read backwards, or upside down, or sometimes both! :rolleyes:
  • Options

Yup. We always used to fight over who was on OHP duty. Your job was to change the songs, but it meant you had a chair to sit on during Assembly. :thumb:
  • Options
    We just had hymn books. Although if we didn't cover them and make them look pretty we'd get sent outside the staff room. Haha, those dreaded words.

Man I miss those days.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Yup. We always used to fight over who was on OHP duty. Your job was to change the songs, but it meant you had a chair to sit on during Assembly. :thumb:

Oooo, lucky! I think the oldest year got to sit on chairs in assembly (and kick the younger ones :D )
  • Options

Man I miss those days.

Same m8, playin digi-mon anbd pokemon in the toilets when we were "goin to the toilet"!
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Same m8, playin digi-mon anbd pokemon in the toilets when we were "goin to the toilet"!

Haha, ohhh mate, digi-mons were the don. You used to connect them together and fight and everything. Awesome.
  • Options

Ooo, how old are you? I think Pokemon was after my time :( We did have Pogs though! :hyper:
  • Options
    Ooo, how old are you? I think Pokemon was after my time :( We did have Pogs though! :hyper:

I'm 19. We had pogs too, I think pokemon wass in our last year thoi.

youngf and saexy, yeeaaah!!! thats the shit, was well good, your digimon's turned in2 new things with new shit to throw!!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    We were into pokemon a lot when we were 14... Good old days and all that.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, that's a bit posh.

We had them, too. They were just printed booklets, though. Nothing fancy.

And at my school, everyone had to sit cross legged on the floor if you were in Infants, and the Juniors got chairs :yes:.

Man, those were the days...
  • Options

youngf and saexy, yeeaaah!!! thats the shit, was well good, your digimon's turned in2 new things with new shit to throw!!
    Hahaaa, yehhh. I think I had a yellow one, it was the girliest colour they did. All the boys thought I was well cool cos allt he other girls were still playing with their tamogotchis.. :razz:
  • Options
    Here, did this thread actually happen?

Trust you, Emily! :razz:
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Here, did this thread actually happen?

Trust you, Emily! :razz:
    Be quiet, Rebecca. :razz:
  • Options
    We never had digimon :chin:. Tamagochi's though :D. I had like 4 on the go at once at one point. And one of them used to wake me up at like 5am and I could never figure out how to turn that feature off...

And the yo-yo craze :(. Pokemon wasn't til I came down south though, so late year 7 (March 2000).
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    And at my school, everyone had to sit cross legged on the floor if you were in Infants, and the Juniors got chairs :yes:.

Man, those were the days...

Ah, remember how grown up you felt, being 10/11 :D We had this amazing thing on a friday afternoon in year 6 called "Choice". It wasn't really much of a choice, but there were vaguely fun, non-school activities to participate in, and the rest of the school didn't get to do it, so we were all well chuffed :D
  • Options
    Ah, remember how grown up you felt, being 10/11 :D We had this amazing thing on a friday afternoon in year 6 called "Choice". It wasn't really much of a choice, but there were vaguely fun, non-school activities to participate in, and the rest of the school didn't get to do it, so we were all well chuffed :D
    Haha. I loveddddddd being in Year 6. I felt so old! We got to do our own Leaving Assembly as well :hyper:. All the little kids in Infants decided it was a good idea to colour in the armpits of my polo shirt with black marker when I was getting messages written on it, though. I had black armpits :grump:.
  • Options
    Oh, Oh, Oh, How good is the lord. Oh, Oh, Oh, How good is the lord, Oh, Oh, Oh, How good is the lord. I never will forget what he has done for me.

Does anyone remember that song/hymn and the actions that went with it? :D
  • Options
    Ooo, tamagotchis! This is shameful, but I'm packing to move house and found my original tamigotchi the other day! Sadly lacking in battery power, but I thought I've got an antique on my hands here :thumb:
  • Options
    I loved my leavers assembly.. we had a well funky song.. "Goodbye our school, we're going away, goodbye our school, we're leaving today. Goodbye to the teachers goodbye to you all. The playground the cloakroom the classroom the hall.. goodbye our school, we're going away.." etc. Ahhh. Annd I loved getting my shirt signed by 25435464 people.

Talking of tamogochi's.. is it shameful to admit I got one for Christmas from my mate? :o
  • Options
    Talking of tamogochi's.. is it shameful to admit I got one for Christmas from my mate? :o

:lol: Yes :p

Although, admittedly, I'd love to have another go on one for a bit :p
  • Options

Nooooooooooo! I want one of the new ones, because they have infrared :hyper:.
  • Options
    Haha, admittedly, I didn't ask for one, he just didn't know what to get me. I think it died within about half an hour :o
  • Options
    Awwww....all those hymns brought back so many memories!!! :)

Rise and shine, and that "and the creed and the colour and the name don't matter, were you there?" song....annnnd.....Autumn Days WAS the absolute best!! When I think of that, it just brings EVERYTHING back to me in one big rush...ahhh...happy days! :)

Does anyone remember "When a Knight Won his Spurs" too??

When a Knight won his spurs
    in the stories of old
    he was gentle and brave
    he was gallant and bold....

....then looots of verses in between, then....

....yet back into storyland giants have fled,
    and the knights are all gone
    and the dragons are dead.... (that bit always made me feel a bit sad...:crying: )
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    HanHan wrote: »
    and the dragons are dead.... (that bit always made me feel a bit sad...:crying: )
    Me too, though I've never heard that before :(