Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worrying About Your Appearance

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have always had body issues - even when I was fifteen was a size six and weighed about the same in stone. Im a bit more curvy now, but i wont lie, I often think about going on crash diets. Though always managed to resist the urge and head for the doughnuts instead :D

Life is too short not to eat. Im healthy, and do lots of exercise.

Also considering how many people I have dated this year, none of them seemed particularly concerned if I had a couple of extra pounds. So why should I?
  • Options
    i get quite self concious about my boobs as well when lads say stuff im usually quite good at saying shit back but i get all embarassed sometimes
  • Options
    I worry about stomach. Im skinny everywhere else but i have a beer belly. :chin:
  • Options
    On a bad day I hate my feet, calves, thighs, huge arse, skin, tummy flab, untoned arms, boobs (wish they were perkier), hair which takes a million years to get under control, nails aaaaand even my fingers. Everything. Bar my face which is usually okay.

On a good day I look in the mirror and like the curves and contours of my body, & realise that the flaws which seem to be magnified and glaringly obvious when I'm feeling insecure are largely in my head.

Even though I'm 5"2 and a size 8, I was chubby for loads of my childhood and teen years and feel alot bigger than I actually am...it's never really registered that I'm not the giant lumbering oaf which I felt like when I was the largest in my class, before everyone else hit puberty.
  • Options
    Gumdoll wrote: »
    On a bad day I hate my feet, calves, thighs, huge arse, skin, tummy flab, untoned arms, boobs (wish they were perkier), hair which takes a million years to get under control, nails aaaaand even my fingers. Everything. Bar my face which is usually okay.

On a good day I look in the mirror and like the curves and contours of my body, & realise that the flaws which seem to be magnified and glaringly obvious when I'm feeling insecure are largely in my head.

Even though I'm 5"2 and a size 8, I was chubby for loads of my childhood and teen years and feel alot bigger than I actually am...it's never really registered that I'm not the giant lumbering oaf which I felt like when I was the largest in my class, before everyone else hit puberty.

That is EXACTLY how I feel. I was a proper rolly-polly kid at school and was always bullied for being a bit podgy. In absolute reality I know that at size 10 I am not fat, not really. And some days I'll look in the mirror and be happy with what I see, but most of the time my insecure mind takes over and what I see isn't pretty :blush: