Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

revolting fashion

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kiezo wrote: »
    As a general rule of thumb, most stuff on the manequins in Topshop windows is revolting.

Christ, there were so many of them at Kelvingrove Park yesterday, biiiiiiiiig sunnies, backcombed hair, garish patterns and neon tracky tops. Boke.
  • Options
    the emo trend especially with the blokes who just look like complete divs
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Christ, there were so many of them at Kelvingrove Park yesterday, biiiiiiiiig sunnies, backcombed hair, garish patterns and neon tracky tops. Boke.

Yeaaah I was kicking about there last Thurs and there were shitloads of them. I swear, one must walk by their windows, spot a new mannequin, then they all flock there en-mass.

Although you're also guilty with the footless leggings :razz:
  • Options
    Yeaaah I was kicking about there last Thurs and there were shitloads of them. I swear, one must walk by their windows, spot a new mannequin, then they all flock there en-mass.

Although you're also guilty with the footless leggings :razz:

Yes, but my outfits look nice.

Shut up, stop changing the subject ya poof. :razz:
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    the emo trend especially with the blokes who just look like complete divs

like excruciatingly tight jeans worn half way down their butt with a big studded belt doing nothing to helf keep them above pant line? coz i hate that. I hate walking behind them as it means I keep havingto hold myself back from pulling up a stranger's trousers.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    like excruciatingly tight jeans worn half way down their butt with a big studded belt doing nothing to helf keep them above pant line? coz i hate that. I hate walking behind them as it means I keep havingto hold myself back from pulling up a stranger's trousers.
    haha i'd be pulling them down not up to teach them a lesson
  • Options
    I cant stand all these vile leggings that are now being sold on the high street! To each their own but, they look disgusting to me. Its like nowadays everyone is a clone as far as fashion is concerned. Everywhere I look I see this look:

Girls- Mullet hair cuts, ballet pumps, leggings, long tops, big plastic beads
    Boys- Thin jeans, mullet cuts, pointed shoes

Sick.
  • Options
    The guys walking about looking like elves with those pointy shoes and tight tight jeans are really freaking me out :yuck: But each to their own of course.
  • Options
    Agree with above poster :yuck: And girls with mullet haircuts, double :yuck: You can't really tell the difference bettween the men and the women tbh, bloody scenesters!

I hate footless tights n denim skirts, however, I was forced to wear footless tights for some photos I had done, made me feel so un-un-usual, if that makes sense :chin: Don't mind the loud retro prints tho
  • Options
    Agree with above poster :yuck: And girls with mullet haircuts, double :yuck: You can't really tell the difference bettween the men and the women tbh, bloody scenesters!

"Scene" is completely different; trendy-neds are the ones with mullets.
  • Options
    "Scene" is completely different; trendy-neds are the ones with mullets.

Haha, whats a trendy-ned? Never herd that one before
  • Options
    silverhalo wrote: »
    The guys walking about looking like elves with those pointy shoes and tight tight jeans are really freaking me out :yuck: But each to their own of course.

My mate said to me the other day that any guy with skinny jeans on is guaranteed to be a dick. Perhaps slightly harsh, but I still think they look horrible.

Scenesters are funny though. Sitting in their sunnies and slagging off other scenesters for being, well, scenesters :yippe:

Trendy neds are pretty much the type I go for anyway, haha.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    My boyfriend went out with the lads on Saturday and when he came home his fist comment was "why the hell were all the women wearing the same outfit?!!" He then went on to say that every single woman in the two bars they went into was wearing leggings and a top like this. Things are bad if my boyfriend, who doesn't even notice that I wear, notices fashion!

hahaha i went out on fridy night (my first time clubbing i might add!!!!! :D ) and one of my friends was wearing a similar top and black leggings, and personally i like that look, but then i looked behind her and 2 girls were wearing the same, the tops could even be mistaken to be exactly the same!! they had same colours, but slightly diffo print!!! My drunken eyes couldnt believe it!! So now not so keen on that look (only because every other girl is wearing it!)
  • Options
    I don't believe you. Mullets are not being worn by anybody outside of the Southern states of the U.S. Even Billy Ray doesn't have a mullet anymore (kind of).

Don't tell my heart my achey breaky heart...
  • Options
    Haha, whats a trendy-ned? Never herd that one before

Ehh, not quite people who go around in tracksuits, but the kind who go in for grade 3 or 4 haircuts at the side with it all spiked up. Or blonde tips. Or gay mullet things at the back. Or fake diamond earrings in one ear. Or those gay shaved lines in their eyebrows. Or G Star Raw jeans. Or those lame salmon pink/light grey stripey jumpers. Or Henley/Old Glory gear.

Basically, anyone that uses Bebo :razz:
    my_name wrote: »
    I don't believe you. Mullets are not being worn by anybody outside of the Southern states of the U.S. Even Billy Ray doesn't have a mullet anymore (kind of).

They're not proper mullets, but weird gay super short chav hair... just with long bits at the back.
  • Options
    bonbons wrote: »
    Girls- Mullet hair cuts, ballet pumps, leggings, long tops, big plastic beads

I dont even know why that look is so popular. It looks crap on practically everyone. Footless tights and shorts/super short skirts is another no-no. Even if someone has the legs for it.
  • Options
    I agree ^^ that look looks bad on everyone, I'm yet to see it look good on someone.
  • Options
    What's wrong with ballet pumps? They're a country mile better than those pixie shoes that used to be around, anyway.

I have to agree with whoever said men in pointy shoes - I have a bit of a beef with pointy shoes in general but on men I find them unbearable. Also stonewashed jeans should have been kept within the confines of the '80s. They are creeping back into Newcastle fashion and I'm scared.

I can't say I particularly hate women's fashion at the moment. It hides a multitude of sins and that's what I'm looking for in clothing at the moment :thumb:
  • Options
    What is a scenester? And what is a topshop thingy?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

One of those cunts who dressed like an emo fag last month, but who now dress as Indie fags and who will dress like whatever fags are seen as popular next month.

They have to belong to a scene because they have no originality in themselves and will propably die as soon as Russell Brand DOES THE WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY A FAVOUR A FUCKS OFF because they will have noone to model themselves on.

I feel better now.
  • Options
    What is a scenester?

From Urban Dictionary
    a person who tries very hard to fit the stereotype of a certain scene. often having to do with a specific genre of music emo.indie.punk.rock. dresses and acts in a prescribed fashion. image focused. vain.

Skinny jeans and sunnies spring to mind. And slagging off other scenesters for being scenesters.
  • Options

"Scenesters" are usually the whole emo-scene... thing. The ones on MySpace who have about 5000 friends and sit and whore each other and ask for pic comments all day.

Topshop thingy is the typical kind who follow the standard "indie" fashion. Clasp in the hair holding it to one side, polka dot shoes, footless leggings, stupid-ass big plastic beads, belts over lame flimsy dress things they wear with the leggings, those MASSIVE sunglasses that are the size of a small dog, etc.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    One of those cunts who dressed like an emo fag last month, but who now dress as Indie fags and who will dress like whatever fags are seen as popular next month.

They have to belong to a scene because they have no originality in themselves and will propably die as soon as Russell Brand DOES THE WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY A FAVOUR A FUCKS OFF because they will have noone to model themselves on.

I feel better now.
    Rise and Shine, the sentiment is fine, but we could really do without the derogatory homosexual references please...
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    What's wrong with ballet pumps? They're a country mile better than those pixie shoes that used to be around, anyway.

I actually like ballet pumps, I just dont have the feet for anything bar trainers. They can look really good and set an outfit off, but the current trend in general that includes them is crap.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »

Scenesters are funny though. Sitting in their sunnies and slagging off other scenesters for being, well, scenesters :yippe:

Haha that comment made me laugh

I have to admit i do like some of the bold tops but nothing too bright and i like them with leggings but every one is wearin them these days
  • Options
    To be fair, the footless tights/leggings are well unattractive around your crotch area.

Not the nicest thing to pull in. Whilst your getting naked the fit guy you pulled is there in his sexy designer boxers and there's you in these fucking ridiculous looking tights/leggings that make you look like such a moron because you either have a crotch down to your knees or a full on camel toe. Neither is rather appealing.

Think i'll pass!
  • Options
    Dinted wrote: »
    To be fair, the footless tights/leggings are well unattractive around your crotch area.

Not the nicest thing to pull in. Whilst your getting naked the fit guy you pulled is there in his sexy designer boxers and there's you in these fucking ridiculous looking tights/leggings that make you look like such a moron because you either have a crotch down to your knees or a full on camel toe. Neither is rather appealing.

Think i'll pass!

id always wear a top/dress long enough to cover that area
  • Options
    luvmeright wrote: »
    id always wear a top/dress long enough to cover that area

Even when, like Dinted said, you're getting naked? :eek2: