Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hacked PHP Websites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got some webspace with a hosting company in the USA

They provide 1,000 MB of space and you can host upto 6 different websites with them

Now I've just looked at my sites hosted with them and they've all stoped working.

Anything that uses PHP is now giving an error

I emailed their support and they said it's most likely due to being hacked and not having versions of the scripts that are up to date.

But the three sites are all totally different and they're all using totally different PHP Script

One is using PHP Nuke ofr example

The ohter is using CubeCart, etc - One I even uploaded the latest version of a CMS system just 2 days ago.

Almost every site says something like this

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING

Anyone know what this all means?

Comments

• Options
    I own server myself and had trouble as well on it...

Support told me also that it was coming from a hack on her server, but after invetigating in deep I find that at the end, they were the one being hacked and they just try to cover it... They gave me that software updates crap too...

I even send them an email to let them know, never had a reply...

It could be your ISP fault and they are just trying to cover it.

Have you asked for IP of hacker and what the hacker did damage to.

Cos I think most Hacker will leave a signature anyway...

For the error got that link that might help you sort it out... I don't think it is a work of a hacker... That isp excuse for anything those days...
  • Options
    Long shot, but they haven't updated anything their end on your server that would have messed it up have they? Like a newer version of PHP or MySQL?

Just funny how its the same on all your sites :/
  • Options
    What file is the error in and what line is it on?
  • Options
    well the welcome page from one of my sites was a little different - some text alongthe side was missing and there was something about an email spider written in one line that wasn't there before

The hosting company has restored form a backup from the 15th so not so bad now.
  • Options
    My guess would be that they changed something that they shouldn't have, or upgraded a component.
  • Options
    Missing a " somewhere.