Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Condom Use...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's no way in hell I'm trusting a guy with the truth :chin:

Good point actually, men are proven liars apparently. :p Much like women I guess.

I've tried condoms for the novelty. But we were both virgins so you know. Not much to catch. Never been with anyone else meself.
  • Options
    I've had periods of being really good and careful and insisting on a condom, followed by large periods of not being at all careful and using nothing (because - as people have said before, it feels better without).

Stupidly, it has nothing to do with whether I trust the bloke is clean or not - it's how I feel about him - and the sex - in general - which is a stupid reason not to use a condom if ever I heard one!

Went for a test recently and I'm clean, though, which I was really surprised about to be honest! And have vowed to myself never to be so stupid again....but I've yet to see how long that'll last....:chin:
  • Options
    I use them, even though i'm on the pill because i'm just paranoid. Have sort of done it a few times without though, but not all the way.
  • Options
    I really cannot believe the naiveity of a lot of people in this thread, just because some says their clean doesn't mean shit, they probably think because their not pissing razor blades or having pusy stuff ooze outta their cock they think their fine.

I remember sleeping with a woman last year and I said about getting a condom and she said something like "OMG, I haven't got anything, cheeky bastard". Like I was gonna take that risk.
  • Options
    Pretty much always use a condom, in a long term relationship, we're both clean, she's had the injection so we're okay as far as preventing the pregnacy malarky.

I feel i'm the only one using it for this reason but i just find it easier to use a condom...

Get things heated up then take 10 seconds to quickly roll a condom down (yes, 10 seconds of rolling, i've a monster!) then get banging away, when it's all done takes 10 seconds to tidy up, instead of having spunk running down her leg for the rest of the night!

Imagine, i'm out one weekend, take a lovely young lady back to mine, she says that she's on the pill, i say thats great because i don't want to wear a condom, she says she wants me to, i say "Why? i'm clean, i've only had sex with my girlfriend before and she was a virgin... "

She agrees... how do i know she hasn't fell for the same routine before only he was an STI infested fella?

Not worth the risk, why? just to save 30pence and a 10 second interruption
  • Options
    YES!! Condoms always. I don't even know why you would risk not using one.
  • Options
    ye-es, normally unless i'm actually in a relationship. tbh i really can't stand the things, everything feels so so so so much better without :yes:

i have occasionally been stupid in the past but i've been on the pill for yonks and pregnancy is the thing which scares me most.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Sex with a condom might be worse, but I'm sure it's still better than herpes or 18 years worth of child support.

Surely POTW?
  • Options
    now im in a serious relationship we dont use them anymore cus we have bothe been checked out but if i was just having a string of flings then i would defo have one id rather the lad wear one then ger some nasty infection
  • Options
    I have been incredibly stupid and I learned my lesson the hard way... I slept with some guys unprotected to later find out what they were really like- ie. the married sex addict, some randoms who I saw with various different girls before and after, and the worst: the ex-heroin addict who had been in jail for two and a half years. That was the stupidest month of my life.

More than six months ago and I've only now had all the tests done (because HIV and Hep. can take ages to show up). Thank the lord that I have nothing. Even the gum clinic woman said it was a miracle I didn't have at least Chlamydia.

Now I'm in a long-term relationship and have the implant and we don't use condoms. We didn't the entire time I was waiting for tests either, which was incredibly stupid, but that's a different story. All good now.

I guess the answer here is that if you don't know someone well, you can't trust them.
  • Options
    I think unprotected sex is very very common, but people don't admit to it because they know they will be called stupid.
  • Options
    Always pack the plastic !!!
  • Options
    Not even gonna lie, I've had unprotected sex a few too many times for it to have gone from the heat of the moment to just plain carelessness. But older and wiser now...my slogan- "no glove, no love"
  • Options
    iv never had unprotected sex (apart from when tryin for my kids -duh! states obvious):banghead: and condoms were what me and my long trerm partner used all the time as contraceptive ,i dont trust the pill,and this worked best for us..bit of a passion killer sometime ,but hey-ho...:D :yippe:
  • Options
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    ..my slogan- "no glove, no love"

my slogan: bag it before ya shag it...:thumb: :D
  • Options
    Im on the pill and ALWAYS use condoms.

A lot of my friends who are on the pill, dont! And i just dont get it.

You cant always tell if a bloke has something, and girls cant either so it can just keep gettin passed backwards and forwards to loads of different people!!

I just cant understand why any one would want to take that risk!!

And condoms arent so bad!! There is the most random choice of style and colour and texture and flavour out there lol
  • Options
    Meh they're an occupational necessity I guess. However it can feel like fucking a crisp packet.
  • Options
    Meh they're an occupational necessity I guess. However it can feel like fucking a crisp packet.

:yes: And not just for the bloke....I know they're necessary and all that, but hate them really....:(
  • Options
    I've been pretty dumb, quite a few times. Think this should answer the question..