Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

alcohol alternatives?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wouldn't have a clue, i'd wait for bongbudda to answer that one.
  • Options
    On a different, yet drug related note, is it true that menthol rub stuff like Vick's contains a form of speed?

the myth about this one comes from the 1960s i think. The company that makes Vicks also used to make an inhaler which contained amphetamine...which was subsequently banned when phet was classified

in this article you will find details of the American vicks inhaler that up until recently contained a form of amphetamine that had decongesgent properties, but with the right knowledge could be made into Meth...Vicks have since changed ingredients so that this cannot be done...
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    They all have psuodoephadrine (sp?) rather than ephadrine, thats even lower down the scale, it has NO recreational use at all, other than to clear your nose.

iirc, pseudoephedrine is a stereoisomer of ephedrine, the same way that Benzedrine (l-amphetamine) and Dexedrine (d-amphetamine) are.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Yes I meant saffron. It's pretty pricy though. I have a vague memory of eating some and going clubbing when I was 16.

I can't find anything about the mood altering properties of saffron anywhere, not even on Erowid - anyone else know?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    iirc, pseudoephedrine is a stereoisomer of ephedrine, the same way that Benzedrine (l-amphetamine) and Dexedrine (d-amphetamine) are.

I knew they were related but not that way, thanks for that information.

I've always heard that pseudoephedrine has even less abuse potential than ephadrine which isnt much at all.

Oh and whats does iirc mean?

Martin; I'm not sure it was Vicks but certainly back in the early 60's there was an inhalher which had an amphetamine soaked rag thing in it. Its use is described in Junkie by William Burroughs.

As for the substance that can make meth, that will be either of the two ephadrine's.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    bongbudda wrote:
    I'm not sure it was Vicks but certainly back in the early 60's there was an inhalher which had an amphetamine soaked rag thing in it.

I remeber when we were at school my mate and I would sometimes abuse his inhaler he had for his asthma. We'd give about 30 squirts in a bottle an then lug it all in one.
    It gives you one hell of a lovely rush but to this day I don't know what it was.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I remeber when we were at school my mate and I would sometimes abuse his inhaler he had for his asthma. We'd give about 30 squirts in a bottle an then lug it all in one.
    It gives you one hell of a lovely rush but to this day I don't know what it was.

It will be something to open the brocial tubes, get more oxygen to the brain, a bit like poppers though through a different action.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

:yes:

I've done this before, always wanted to know what it was. The rush is unbelievable off it but it dosen't last very long at all.
  • Options
    Never underestimate the power of adrenaline too, you were doing something naughty so that means lots of it stimulated, plus the extra oxygen.
  • Options
    It's a very powerful rush I know that for sure.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    It will be something to open the brocial tubes, get more oxygen to the brain, a bit like poppers though through a different action.

It is similar to poppers I suppose except far more pleasurable. You could feel rushes in every part of your body like electricity. The rush used to be so strong it would lay me out for 20 seconds or so.
    I want an inhaler now! :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Abusing prescription drugs is wrong and probably quite dangerous.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I knew they were related but not that way, thanks for that information.

I've always heard that pseudoephedrine has even less abuse potential than ephadrine which isnt much at all.

Ephedrine is a physical stimulant, i.e. it will make you feel twitchy and sweaty with heart palpitations, but not much euphoria like phet. Pseudoephedrine is much less of a stimulant.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Oh and whats does iirc mean?

If I recall correctly
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Abusing prescription drugs is wrong and probably quite dangerous.

OK Dad. :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Ephedrine is a physical stimulant, i.e. it will make you feel twitchy and sweaty with heart palpitations, but not much euphoria like phet. Pseudoephedrine is much less of a stimulant.

Ok, I knew that bit, I just wasnt sure of their relationship to each other. Cheers for the info, I'm gradually learning all these short hand things.
  • Options
    I've 2 inhalers down stairs with a flask, i think i'll go for a blast. ha.
  • Options
    ummmm yeah...

eh, I'd like to know wut an alternative to the "high" of alcohol would be...thas all I'm interested in...I don't need the high cost, weight increase and damage to the liver. I don't really care if its illegal or legal...jus, does anyone know an alternative to get the same "high"???

-Tox
  • Options
    Few valium would do it, like a mix of being drunk and stoned - lovely!