Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Reasons for joining the site

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My mum told me to join. I don't think she expected me to stay for so long, though :o.

Meeting people the first time was scary, bearing in mind I only really knew/spoke to one of the people that was going, and I'm not very good around new people, and it was the first time I'd been to London by myself...but after that it's fun. You kind of get used to it ;d.
  • Options
    I joined because I was searching for some shit about drugs on google and this place came up.

I'd also find it wierd meeting someone off the net who I'd never seen in real life.
  • Options
    Can't even remember really.

It isn't that weird meeting people because after all, they are still people. You talk about stuff like you would with anyone else. Apart from the initial "Who areyou?" bit, and being referred to you by your username.
  • Options
    being referred to you by your username.

That's fine for me :D.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    That's fine for me :D.

:grump: Not so much for me. Although if I introduce myself as Maria instead of my username, that tends to be what I get called.
  • Options
    Boredom. Simple as.
  • Options
    Boredom. Simple as.

indeedy me too
  • Options
    mudafookindrugs

one of the not so many sites with a population of well informed drug users/ex users

rest of the place can be some craic too!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I don't know why I came here I just sorta stumbled across it, and I have to say I am amazed I stuck around...I don't normally stick to anything!!

I am meeting some people off here next weekend, and I have to say, I am a little nervous, but I am sure after JsT has rugby tackled me to the ground and Stacey has gnawed my ear off with legal questions I'll feel right at home.

It also helps my boyfriend who is also a member is coming too :)
  • Options
    I think I stumbled across some of the other content via Google and I listed it on my favourites. Then I stumbled on ere!
  • Options
    Needed some advice, then found myself staying. Been here years, and i'm still not a mod. *grumbles*
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I think i just stumbled across it one day, i saw that the boards were very active with lots of members so i joined. There is nothing worse than empty forums so more members means more posts, topics etc.....
  • Options
    id read some threads after coolme linked me. Then i realised i could help with some peoples problems and ask me own.. and it looked like good fun so i signed up :D