Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Reasons for joining the site

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just thinking ... as i do .. what was every ones reasons for joining here?

I originally joined to chat about drugs and shit and stuff i cant say to my friends and obviously, my parents ...

Also i was thinking i know some of you people are meeting up but won't you find that weird? its like meeting characters from a very strange dream or something .. i don't mean that nastily i was just wandering thats all

Comments

• Options
    Lesbian jelly wrestling :D
  • Options
    Also i was thinking i know some of you people are meeting up but won't you find that weird? its like meeting characters from a very strange dream or something .. i don't mean that nastily i was just wandering thats all

:lol::lol: I thought that!!! Think it's nice people get on enough to do it, but I'd feel a bit odd....people on here know stuff about me even my best friends don't know!!! Would feel a little self conscious knowing that...:blush:

And to answer your question....I joined initially because I had a relationship type problem I wanted answering....so used the facility where you can send the mods/whoever a question directly and they answer you back in a few days......thought they were really helpful, so thought as they were so helpful, the forum might be a good place to start posting, as others might be that helpful too!! And all sort of snowballed from there really.....:)
  • Options
    I just joined cause I was bored and thought "you never know, this might be another way to get my hole", so I signed up.

Joke.

It's not really weird metting people off here. Well it is, but it isn't really after the first five minutes. The couple of people I've met have been as they were on here, so no great dramas to report.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I just joined cause I was bored and thought "you never know, this might be another way to get my hole", so I signed up.

Joke.

It's not really weird metting people off here. Well it is, but it isn't really after the first five minutes. The couple of people I've met have been as they were on here, so no great dramas to report.

Do you find it a bit strange though, cos you might have a good bit of banter going in text...like...written down, but you don't know how to 'be'a round each other in real life??

But then, guess the best way to get over that is just to get drunk together...:D
  • Options
    This has been done before. I was told by a friend about this site.
  • Options
    No real reason, got a linky from Helen, wandered about had a look and joined.
  • Options
    I was like 15. I have no idea.
  • Options
    I don't really know. I got here on a link from Google and it seemed like a good laugh here so I joined :) I'm still here so it can't be too bad
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    :lol::lol: I thought that!!! Think it's nice people get on enough to do it, but I'd feel a bit odd....people on here know stuff about me even my best friends don't know!!! Would feel a little self conscious knowing that...:blush:

And to answer your question....I joined initially because I had a relationship type problem I wanted answering....so used the facility where you can send the mods/whoever a question directly and they answer you back in a few days......thought they were really helpful, so thought as they were so helpful, the forum might be a good place to start posting, as others might be that helpful too!! And all sort of snowballed from there really.....:)

Yeah i agree like some shit i would neverrr talk about with my mates or anything i think its nice to be able to chat about stuff on here but go out as normal with all my mates and mixing the two in real life would be a bit weird for me !

And i might get on well with some one on here then meet them and it could just be incrediably awkward or something
  • Options
    well i joined to pass time and to help peaple out and o get advice my self
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I cant remember why I joined.

Meeting people off here isnt odd after the first 10 mins or so.
  • Options
    As far as I can remember, I googled for health information and thesite popped up. Had a quick look and stayed :)
  • Options
    When I first signed up I got a new Dell PC and a years free subscription to AOL.
  • Options
    My boyfriend at the time gave me the link to ask for advice about something. I can't remember what though.
  • Options
    meeting people off here is weird when their friends ask how we know each other and we look at each other blankly and smirk.
  • Options
    Boredom. Can't even remember how i got here actually. I don't think this place is as interesting as it used to be though - apart from the recent baby boom.
  • Options
    Nosiness.

Next question? :razz:
  • Options
    A friend of mine linked me when i said I was bored. Meeting people is fine, they're not all weirdos.:thumb:
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I was like 15. I have no idea.

Ditto.
  • Options
    i was messing ,came across this and joined up..member of other forums so thought id give this whirl see how they compare..:)
  • Options
    Cant remember, must have got the link from somewhere.

Meeting people is weird for about five seconds until you start talking/getting drunk. Then its fine.
  • Options
    Something to do with the health forum I think... Can't really remember how I found thesite though. :chin:
  • Options
    Just looking for a nice forum to become a part of. I liked the help-oriented aspect of some of the boards, too, since I don't have many people I can ask for advice IRL.
  • Options
    I was doing my degree and needed something to distract me from actually writing my essays.
  • Options
    I got linked by an ex boyfriend. Thankfully he doesn't use the site anymore. :yippe:
  • Options
    I got ordered to join up by someone whos long since left...that was almost 6 years ago and I've left twice but still here for some reason :p
  • Options
    I was linked by a mate.

I would love to meet a handful of people from here, (one in paticular ;)) but I'm on the other side of the world so ... yeah. :lol:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The first time, back in 2001, was because of a "personal" issue that I wanted help with. Funnily enough, I never got to mentioning it here. :D
    I left in 2002 for a stupid reason, and came again in 2004 because I needed to work on my social skills. People online are good enough when you can't find any people in person to do that with.
  • Options
    I joined because I has just started university and had internet in my room and I felt lonely in a new city where I didn't know anyone. I think my first post was something about feeling too shy to talk to people.
    :)

Then I just stuck around.

I have met a few people off here. not for a long time though, they were all really nice. A couple I am still in contact with while others I feel I know better through livejournal.
  • Options
    Meeting people is weird for about five seconds until you start talking/getting drunk. Then its fine.

In my case it was about half an hour. (not people off here though):o