Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Supaguard

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure where this should be posted, hope it's ok here...

Has anyone tried this stuff? it's the car polish/wax that valeters use for those £300+ makeovers which claim you won't need to wax your car again for 2 years. I don't often listen to "too good to be true" claims like that but my mate has his car done and it looks fantastic.

I'm thinking of giving it a go (I want it professionally done - I'm pretty handy with a shammy and pot of car wax but haven't got the patience for it to be done properly) but want to be sure before I part with that sort of cash.

Comments

• Options
    What car have you got??
  • Options
    Is that relevant?? :nervous:
  • Options
    Yes :yes:
  • Options
    In what way? It's a Rover 416 si.
  • Options
    In what way? It's a Rover 416 si.

Then don't bother.
  • Options
    Can anyone offer any relevant and worthwhile advice?
  • Options
    Can anyone offer any relevant and worthwhile advice?

That is worthwhile, car mutton as car lamb in My honest opinion.
  • Options
    I don't even wash my car...
  • Options
    Well if you mates car looks great then you'll probably get a good finish on your car! I always use Meguiars products on my car and it brings the paintwork up a treat but have to wax a couple of times a year rather than once every two years!!!

Perhaps have a look on some car related forums and see if anyone on there has used it!
  • Options
    it's the car polish/wax that valeters use for those £300+ makeovers which claim you won't need to wax your car again for 2 years. I don't often listen to "too good to be true" claims like that but my mate has his car done and it looks fantastic

Till a bird shits on it.
  • Options
    Not sure where this should be posted, hope it's ok here...

Has anyone tried this stuff? it's the car polish/wax that valeters use for those £300+ makeovers which claim you won't need to wax your car again for 2 years. I don't often listen to "too good to be true" claims like that but my mate has his car done and it looks fantastic.

I'm thinking of giving it a go (I want it professionally done - I'm pretty handy with a shammy and pot of car wax but haven't got the patience for it to be done properly) but want to be sure before I part with that sort of cash.

£300 wax job?

No idea but I think coloured waxes are good for hiding little blemishes

I have lots of little scratches around the driver's side key hole - which I can't for the lift of me figure out where they came from cos I hardly ever use the key to popen the door there's a radio control button thing I press and it opens allthe door automatically so where the scratches came from I don't know but coloured wax is good for hiding them.