Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gaming...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So my most recent games i purchased have been for the PS2.
They are "The Warriors" which is base don the 70's film and "Destroy all Humans" which is like the film Mars Attacks only much much funnier!
My favourite games ever are classics like Street Fighter, Mortal Combat and of course...Goldeneye!!!

What games are you playing right now?
What are your all time favourite games?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    up untill the NGE i was playing Star Wars Galaxies for the last 2 years. but the last upgrade killed the game imo.
    Currently playing (replaying)on PC: Dawn of War: winter assault
    Currently playing Xbox360: Perfect dark zero, Call of Duty2, Project Gotham Raming 3 and Kameo (have completed them all but now replaying on harder levels)

All time fav would include some of the following: Tenchu, CoD, Half-life, CS, UT, C&C (whole series), warcraft, golden eye, perfect dark
  • Options
    You should move this thread to computers and tech..

Anyway I have hardly bought any games recently because there was a poor selection out at the end of last year.

I most recently bought Civilization IV, which is good.

This year I am looking forward to Tomb Raider : Legend, The Elder Scrolls III: Oblivion and probably something else. None of which are out until March ish.
  • Options
    Football Manager 2006 (PC)

Fahrenheit (PC)
  • Options
    guild wars is quite good, used to play cs too
  • Options
    Warcraft III is very good at killing time. Haven't played it for a while though.
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:
    Currently playing (replaying)on PC: Dawn of War: winter assault

good game :thumb:

and you're right about SWG, I loved that game (but got out a long time ago)

I'm also playing a bit of WoW, SimCity 4 is a good timer stealer.

also, rampaging around GTA:san andreas when bored. I've not bought anything particularly new lately.
  • Options
    Not particulary been playing many games recently, had other things to keep me occupied ;)

But when i've had the chance its been Pro Evo 5 on PS2
  • Options
    championship manager 03-04. I do have later versions, but i think this is the best one, plus im going well with Barnet at the moment so dont want to stop playing it.

I dont have a ps2 anymore, but when ever i go round my mates we play fiffa 2006. Deffinate improved on 2005, usually i like pro evo better but not this year. But i only use the playstation for drinking games though! a shot of vodka for evry goal you conceed is a very deadly rule!!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Best games of all time include labyrinth (BBC micro) Mario Kart (Snes), Bomberman (Snes) Goldeneye (N64), Marathon (Mac) and Halo 2 (Xbox).

At the moment (and for the last year and a bit) I am playing Halo 2.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Mario Kart on the snes was a kick ass game!
    Ghost track 1 was the best, i had that down to practically nothing by the end, i couldnt even beat my own ghost i was so good on one run!
  • Options
    Let's see....sitting uncompleted on my desk are Gun, Quake 4, Black & White 2 and I've just installed The Movies, which is quite ace.

Sitting uncompleted on my X-Box are Jade Empire, KOTOR2 and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. Oh and Ninja Gaiden Black but that's more punishment than anything else.

Looking forward t the european release of Psychonauts in febuary. I imported the PC version and it's just spectacular. But sold piss poorly in America, so hopefully it'll do better.

What else......... Stubbs the Zombie, Libery City Stories coming out on the PS2, the new zelda, the new Rise of empires game........ loads.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I bought BF:2 special forces most recently. Woot.

yay.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Nash wrote:
    Fahrenheit
    :heart:

Other ones I've bought recently are Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones and Mario Kart DS.
  • Options
    Winter assault is a great game. Someone also mentioned Guild wars which is what i'm currently playing.
  • Options
    Currently playing CoD2, King Kong, bit of counter-strike on the PC and Trauma Center and Phoenix Wright on the Ds.

All time games *hmmm*

Top ten in no particular order (okay, I'm bored it got longer than 10)

Elite
    Sentinel
    Neuromancer
    Rocket Ranger
    Dungeon Master
    Call of Duty
    Digger Dan
    Jet Set Willy
    Virtua Tennis
    Resident Evil 4
    Indian Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
    Goldeneye
    Rebelstar (speccy not gameboy)
    Trauma center
    lords of Midnight
    Manhunter (sierra)
    GTA: San Andreas
    GTA 1
    Stunt Car Racer
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo

*phew* the memories...
  • Options
    Not actually playing any at the moment, I think the last was San Andreas.

Favourites, eh Sonic the Hedgehog on the megadrive, Streets of Rage, the mario series on the SNES, Zelda:Ocarina of Time, GTA series, halo 2, Age of Empire series. Erm probably more.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Streets of Rage on the megadrive

One of my all time favourite games is that :D Forget any game i ever owned on the ps2 i'd rather have SOR anytime.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Not actually playing any at the moment, I think the last was San Andreas.

Favourites, eh Sonic the Hedgehog on the megadrive, Streets of Rage, the mario series on the SNES, Zelda:Ocarina of Time, GTA series, halo 2, Age of Empire series. Erm probably more.

yeah...the age series are the best games of all time imo ...havent palyed the new one though, looks a bit shit.
  • Options
    I loved the Age of Empires series particularly II with the conquerers expansion. I bought the new one for my younger brother but haven't played it myself as it would probably ruin my life.

All time favourites are Mario Kart (SNES), Super Mario World (SNES) and Super Smash TV (SNES). More recently FFVII (PS1), GTA series and Pro Evo (PS2).