Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boooo....he hasn't been in touch with me!! :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Awww....texted this bloke I've just started seeing to see if he wanted to meet up, but he was really busy with work last week..so I said no problem, just let me know when he's got time this week and we can meet up instead....still haven't heard from him!!! :(

I KNOW I'm being very paranoid (like I normally am)....but get worried he's not interested any more!!! Which is stupid, because he's a very straight forward sort of bloke...think if he wasn't interested, he'd just tell me...and he did say he'd be in touch.....

.....dunno.....just feeling a bit sorry for meself.....also feel a bit like texting him, but am sick of doing the chasing (in general...past relationships and that....)....would be nice to let him make the effort for once!!!

Quick people...say nice things!!! :p :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    If youre sick of doing the chasing, then you may just have to wait a while longer.
    Find other stuff to do with your time in the meantime, so if/when he does get back to you its a nice surprise.
    If he doesnt get back to you in a week then send a text. set a target, i.e. that you wont make the effort on your part for at least x number of days?
    But it really is driving you crazy, just send something casual, like asking how his weeks been..?
  • Options
    Well..it is only Monday, don't despair too much. That is as much as my cheering up goes... :p
  • Options
    It's only Monday you silly sausage, give him till about Wednesday and then text him again.

Or sod that, just text him if you feel the need to :razz:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    you silly sausage

awww, i found that really cute:blush:
  • Options
    Considering I'm a bit chicken (RE: other post) it's slightly hypocritical of me to say, "text him and arrange something" but really, life is too short. If you like him and you know for definate he likes you back, a casual, "hey how's it going, still up for coffee this week/weekend?"
    If he fobs you off again then cool it but least you know you're in there :flirt:
  • Options
    nelly_bar wrote: »
    awww, i found that really cute:blush:

Hee hee....me too!! :):)

Thanks everyone....that really did help!! I knew all that logically....but nice to hear other people say it too.....thought about maybe waiting another day and then sending a casual text (was actually going to say "Hey- how's your week been!! :hyper: ")....but think the thing Nelly said about having to wait a bit longer is true too....suppose I'm going a bit crazy because don't like feeling this thing isn't on my terms...but maybe that's a good thing for once!! :yes:

Thanks all!! :yippe: :thumb:
  • Options
    Quick update....STILL no contact!! :( But I'm trying to be good & patient...assuming he's just busy etc...and sitting on my hands hard to stop from texting him!!!! :hyper:

He'll come to me when he's ready I hope.....:blush:
  • Options
    Send him a sexy text, that 'el spark him into texting back action...!
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    Send him a sexy text, that 'el spark him into texting back action...!

Hmmm...true...!! :hyper: But would go for sexy cheeky rather than all out dirty!!! Don't know how he'd react to that!! :hyper:
  • Options
    Similar thing happened to me, except we'd arrange to meet up then he'd cancel saying he was busy with work so i got bored and gave up and when he txted me a few times i didnt bother txtin back cos i just thaught he was playing games..
    Then out of the blue a few weeks later he rang and asked if i wanted to go for a drink, so be patient he might just be really busy..
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Hmmm...true...!! :hyper: But would go for sexy cheeky rather than all out dirty!!! Don't know how he'd react to that!! :hyper:
    I wouldnt, that could change his outlook from being interested in you to being only after one thing..
    Give it a few days, if hes interested he will text/call! If not then hey, plenty more fish n all that
  • Options
    he's maybe still busy! give him another week. :yes:
  • Options
    text him a message which looks like it was meant for somebody else, something like " Yeh ok meet you then, remember to bring the dvd".

Then txt him again "sorry meant to send to 'JoeBloggs'".

Bound to get a response if he's remotely into you.:shocking:
  • Options
    Hold out, don't do it, it will be worth it in the end.
  • Options
    Be positive about everything! Even if its hard for you to do so.
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    Be positive about everything! Even if its hard for you to do so.

Thanks!!! It IS hard...but I do try!! Gave in & texted him in the end...just to say hi, how was his week....heard back from him, so asked him out for a drink again, and he's still busy with work!! :( But he did make it clear it was just because of work, so that's something...feel a little happier I suppose!!
  • Options
    let him text you this time. :yes:
  • Options
    Definitely!! As soon as I did it, I got annoyed with myself....I know if I do all the texting etc to start with, it'll start a pattern for anything that might happen in the future....and it really would be nice to have someone do a little running after me for once!!

So think the only thing to do is sort of forget he exists for a bit...stop waiting around, get on with whatever I'm doing, and will be a nice bonus when (if? :nervous: ) he texts....:)
  • Options
    cari wrote: »
    Similar thing happened to me, except we'd arrange to meet up then he'd cancel saying he was busy with work so i got bored and gave up and when he txted me a few times i didnt bother txtin back cos i just thaught he was playing games..
    Then out of the blue a few weeks later he rang and asked if i wanted to go for a drink, so be patient he might just be really busy..

Yeah i'm in a similar position to above, shes told me she wants to do something, but says she's busy whenever ive suggested something. What confuses me was it was her that made the initial contact. Anyway now that she has "reeled me in" im sick of doing the chasing or initiating stuff (well trying) so basically told her to contact me when she isnt busy, and now im just trying to get on with it, its true what you say though HanHan. Im sick of chasing too and it does get boring!

Whenever i want to say something to her though(which can be hard considering we work at the same place!) i remember the saying "falling knives, runaway wives, just let them go!" Seems to be working, havent said anything for about a week.
  • Options
    In the same situation, only seen this guy once, but he seems to have stopped making the effort with texting n all that and it is really frustrating :crazyeyes Know hes busy with college, exams coming up n stuff.

Not gonna make the first moves all the time now, cos I don't wanna seem too desperate if he int interested anymore, so tempting just to text him though.... nope, I will refrain from doing so! :impissed:
  • Options
    In the same situation, only seen this guy once, but he seems to have stopped making the effort with texting n all that and it is really frustrating :crazyeyes Know hes busy with college, exams coming up n stuff.

Not gonna make the first moves all the time now, cos I don't wanna seem too desperate if he int interested anymore, so tempting just to text him though.... nope, I will refrain from doing so! :impissed:

It's so confusing, though, isn't it?? I wouldn't feel so bad if he hadn't have come on so strong in the first place...made me feel like he was really interested, and now he's backed off!!!! :( If he wasn't sure what he thought about me, why didn't he just take it slowly?? Would much prefer that...then I wouldn't be feeling so crazy about not meeting up with him again!!! :( I don't know...it's confusing..just can't work out why some peopple act like they do....:confused:
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    It's so confusing, though, isn't it?? I wouldn't feel so bad if he hadn't have come on so strong in the first place...made me feel like he was really interested, and now he's backed off!!!! :( If he wasn't sure what he thought about me, why didn't he just take it slowly?? Would much prefer that...then I wouldn't be feeling so crazy about not meeting up with him again!!! :( I don't know...it's confusing..just can't work out why some peopple act like they do....:confused:

Ach, from what he's said he'll be in touch when he's less busy.

I think you should maybe do something this weekend to keep your mind occupied:yes:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Ach, from what he's said he'll be in touch when he's less busy.

I think you should maybe do something this weekend to keep your mind occupied:yes:

I blimmin' well hope you're right!!!! :p

Yep...have a quietish weekend planned, but meeting a friend I haven't seen for aaages for lunch on Saturday, so looking forward to that....and have a couple of going out-y bits 'n' pieces planned for next week too.....so shouldn't feel too much like I'm sitting around waiting for him to get in touch......:)
  • Options
    Its annoying when someone gets inside your head isnt it?

You should just do other things that keep your mind of him

I ve got a girl in my head and its bloody annoying !:banghead:
  • Options
    Well...quick update..it's been 2 WEEKS since I last heard from him, so thought it was plenty reasonable to give him a bit of a "what's going on?" text...did it in quite a friendly, fairly upbeat way...he got back to me and said he's been really crap, sorry, and I deserve better....that he's been really busy (listed all the stuff he's doing...sounds like he's got a lot on his plate), that I'm 'wonderful and sexy' :rolleyes: but he can't promise anything at the moment.....

So that's a no then!!! (He stiilll didin't actually come out and say no, but that's what I'm taking it as)....

Why why why did he come on so strong and seem soooo keen if he wasn't really arsed??

Why - when I gave him the chance to say "I'm busy, can't meet for another drink with you, sorry" 2 weeks ago, did he give me false hope and still say in his text "it would be cool to meet up soon" if - clearly - he had no intention of doing so?? :confused:

This stuff is so confusing...I honestly have no idea how people get together any more!! I'm not into game playing or wasting people's time at all (but I don't mean I'm really full on either - just that I believe in being clear). It seems this means I'll be on my own FOREVER if I'm not willing to fuck people about, play games and be vague about my intentions....people seem to prefer that!!!

I don't know...I give up....think I'm ready to join Katralla's 'club' for the sad, fucked over and confused.....:p
  • Options
    Shit..I don't know...just feel like I've been deliberately misled....feels rubbish. It takes a lot of courage for me to put myself on the line for a bloke, and feel like more often than not that isn't/I'm not appreciated....feels rubbish. :crying:

Sorry for venting...healthier than punching something though!! :D
  • Options
    whooaaa hold on! he never asked you to get together or anything, so i don't really think he overly led you on at all. he sounds like he likes you, just doesn't want anything. don't be so over-analytical.
  • Options
    whooaaa hold on! he never asked you to get together or anything, so i don't really think he overly led you on at all. he sounds like he likes you, just doesn't want anything. don't be so over-analytical.

I guess...it's just he was so full on at the start, I felt like he felt he wanted it to go somewhere ultimately....oh...just realised I didn't make it clear we'd been out a couple of times before I started this thread....

But this is what I mean about it being so confusing...if he likes me, why WOULDN'T he want anything??? :confused:

What's the point in recognising you like someone but taking it no further??? :confused:

Reaaally don't understand this dating business...
  • Options
    shitty isn't it :(
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    shitty isn't it :(

Maybe you two are texting the same bloke .. :chin: