Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dress/Bra question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there any bra at all you could wear with a dress that has this type of back?

(i attached the picture)

I know you can get those stick on thingymajiggys but they're not very appealing :/

Comments

• Options
    I would say stick-on, or none at all. Not the ones with the see-through strap at the back because they are horrible :(
  • Options
    jesus christ, please don't wear a bra with that dress.
    If you have ultra-saggy boobs and there is no support in it, better don't wear it at all, but no bra, it will look ridiculously stupid.
  • Options
    i think the purpose of this thread is that she wants a bra that NO ONE would see.
  • Options
    i think the purpose of this thread is that she wants a bra that NO ONE would see.

so why don't you suggest something?
  • Options
    You could try one of those low back converter things. They do them in Ann Summers. It lowers your back strap so you can wear low back or backless tops with the support you need. They're suitable for use with all Ann Summers bras, I'm not sure if they'd fit all bras though, you'd have to try it and see.

ETA: They're only a fiver. :thumb:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    so why don't you suggest something?

so why don't you go ahead and read her question properly before saying omg never ever wear a bra with that it will look horrible. clearly her intention is to wear a bra no one can see.
  • Options
    so why don't you get lost or at least contribute anything?

p.s. i was referring mainly to bras with straps, but with such a low cut and free back it will probably be very hard to find anything, where's the problem with not wearing one?
  • Options
    so why don't you get lost or at least contribute anything?

p.s. i was referring mainly to bras with straps, but with such a low cut and free back it will probably be very hard to find anything, where's the problem with not wearing one?

wtf did you contribute?!

if the option of not wearing a bra was there i doubt she would have made this thread - not all girls feel comfortable not wearing one.
  • Options
    Is there any bra at all you could wear with a dress that has this type of back?

(i attached the picture)

I know you can get those stick on thingymajiggys but they're not very appealing :/

i loove that dress, do you have a link as to where to get it?
  • Options
    where's the problem with not wearing one?[/SIZE]

Well she could be kicking her tits along the ground and tripping up over them for all you know.
  • Options
    the low back converter ones like Y&S said, they work with most bra's or if you are a C cup or smaller you could get one of these. At the bottom they have these nuBra things which you could try.
  • Options
    For small boobs (single cup A-C) you probably wont need support so you could wear a thin strap bikini top in black (tear drop one). Failing that you could try the stick on cups^^^ I think a large m&s do them and the ones you mould, think debenhams do it plus most good department stores.
    Try bra tape..or be brave and dont wear anything

For support(A-C):
    ann summers ‘oh so enhancing’ mulitway bra. It’s got clear stripes tho.
    The Miracle Frontless Backless Body Bra is really good but quite pricey. by ultimo
  • Options
    You might be able to get a away with a cross over back bra, depending on how low the main strap was around the body in relation to that gap on the dress.
  • Options

ooh you're coming across as a right bastard in some of the thread's I've read today... in a bad mood or something?
  • Options
    Couldn't you get a bra with detachable straps that you could cross over AND one of those back converter things. I know everybody is down on the place because of its shit treatment of its workers BUT Primark do a bra that has gel inserts (strange) but the straps are detachable and it comes with a free back converter in the same colour as the bra!
  • Options
    Those back converters didn't work at all for my dress, which was basically right down to just below my waist.

I used one of these

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=FASF-16122

and aside from it taking a while to get in the right position it was great, created the perfect amount of cleavage and felt really secure. Only took a few minutes for me to forget about the slightly standy out nipples, and in the photos you wouldn't know I wasn't wearing a real bra. I've also used it more than 6 times with the amount of messing around I've done.
  • Options
    If you have ultra-saggy boobs and there is no support in it, better don't wear it at all, but no bra, it will look ridiculously stupid.

errm, how harsh are you mr?!

Lucifers right, I wanted a bra that nobody will be able to see because I know full well that you cant wear a bra with that dress otherwise it will look horrible! I think that was pretty clear from my original post though, otherwise why would i be asking if I was just gonna wear a normal bra?!

i don't have 'ultra saggy' boobs thank you very much they're quite pert...haha but they are 36C and i wouldn't feel comfortable wearing no bra at all, i want that dress to wear for my birthday so don't wanna be worrying about my cleavage all night.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think the bra convertor thing sounds the best so far!
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    i loove that dress, do you have a link as to where to get it?

its nice isnt it i love it. I've tried it on twice already and it just fits SO nicely its just the low back that worries me cos I don't wanna not wear anything with it.

its from topshop

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=59914&parent_category_rn=58906&productId=256713&langId=-1

:)
  • Options
    Those back converters didn't work at all for my dress, which was basically right down to just below my waist.

I used one of these

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=FASF-16122

and aside from it taking a while to get in the right position it was great, created the perfect amount of cleavage and felt really secure. Only took a few minutes for me to forget about the slightly standy out nipples, and in the photos you wouldn't know I wasn't wearing a real bra. I've also used it more than 6 times with the amount of messing around I've done.
    ooo i just ordered two, they are nice....i have this gorgeous green dress which is similar to this, but its long and closed at the bottom. so i have been looking for bra's.

Merci
  • Options
    I wouldn't wear a bra with that, but some people just aren't comfortable hanging free I suppose. The figleaves option seems best.

Pretty dress, though :)
  • Options
    if its something with a tight fitting and boned bodice then i tend not to wear a bra, but this dress needs some support. I am so scared of wearing it in public :s
  • Options
    Can't believe I'm actually posting a picture of my chest on the internet, even if it is clothed. :blush:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Daffydilly/dressbrathingy.jpg

I literally just pulled them together. I'm a 32C, and IMO there was just the right amount of cleavage there. Didn't try running, but I danced a bit and never felt like I was bouncing all over.

I don't even think it's noticeable that they were being held in towards the middle either, although the plain dress helped.

Edited to add the full picture, just don't laugh at my makeup, I'm shit with blusher.
  • Options
    I think you look lovely on that pic Kate, AND the pic does a good job of seeing how well the bar works from the front too!

Elisa - I think I must be the only person who doesn't think a bra-converter will work with your dress - I think Kate's idea would be much better and much less noticable.

Let us know what you choose anyhoo!
  • Options
    Can't really add anything to what has already been said but I agree with you as I hate going out without a bra. I don't think E sized cup girls can do that anyway :no:
  • Options
    *pipes up* - i'd go without! and i am of the big boobed variety.

are you sure you don't look fine without a bra? it seems to be quite thick materal so i'm sure you wouldn't be able to tell. :D and it's not very low either.
  • Options
    *pipes up* - i'd go without! and i am of the big boobed variety.

I don't know how you do it. I feel bare without mine :p
  • Options

Same. My mates tried convincing me not to wear a bra with my top the other night. I couldn't do it though, I felt like I was about to fall out of the top. Bras keep everything under control :D
  • Options
    its nice isnt it i love it. I've tried it on twice already and it just fits SO nicely its just the low back that worries me cos I don't wanna not wear anything with it.

its from topshop

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=59914&parent_category_rn=58906&productId=256713&langId=-1

:)

Thankyouuu! Two weddings to go to this year and I need a dress :)
  • Options
    that and i dont particularily like the feeling of them jiggling about so much if i move :p (hence why i only go bra-less with a tight fitting bodice with support)
  • Options
    So do I but they are only small and need a bit of padding hehe.