Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Skinny Jeans for men - good look or not so good

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tbh... I really hate the indie kid look.

The art campus here is sometimes full of them... Middle class boys with those rags around their necks and skinny jeans trying to look all alternative and unique. I hate them, they just make their legs look wierd.
  • Options
    I'm a size 14-16, it's not because I'm overally big, but I am curvy, and I do have wide hips, so I dress to suit it- black trousers to slim waist/hips/thighs, no tops with horizontal stripes, no pastel/bright colours etc. If a large person has the confidence to wear what they want/not be a sheep and follow fashion or fashion rules then good for them, it is fantastic that they have so much confidence.

Men in slim jeans= eeeurgh.
  • Options
    As I said in a previous thread, the concept of fellas wearing jeans that reveal their thighs to be thinner than my forearm is both cruel and wrong :razz:

They can look ok, I suppose, but I don't find them attractive and I'd laugh my bloke out of town if he turned up in skinny jeans.
  • Options
    I'm not the biggest fan but they can look really good on certain boys and girls.
  • Options
    Hey, well this is an old blog so i normally let arguements lie but this one is kindaq stupid, SO WHAT! As far as men in skinny jeans are not men, they look gay (nothing wrong with gay people btw- everyones equal) its stupid for me to have matchstick legs and be proud of it, well i wear skinny jeans always have, always will its completely unfair to say that its wrong because everyone is built differently some people are 6 ft 5 with broad shoulders, musclely legs and the works, skinyn jeans might not look okay, but for skinny guys leave them alone, its better than a skinny guy wearing jeans half way down his legs, reveiling his underwear (so sexy? what!) and looking a fool when he falls over cus he cant bend his knees, its all style, it will come and go but theres nothing wrong with them!
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    I appreciate my sperm. The day I start not wanting to ejaculate any more, I'll start wearing skinny jeans.

:lol:
  • Options
    I'm guilty of it! haha

buy all my jeans at topshop cos i'm slim anyway (ridiculous metabolism) and i like the style fortunately. DON'T START AN ARGUMENT on this because we're all entitled to different opinions about him but i admire his music, ideals and style. i try to emulate his style, however i'm never going to touch drugs which is a personal choice.

Everyone's entitled to think what they do. i for one used to hate pete but once i listened to the libs and worked my way beneath the surface of the media circus i soon realised what i'd been missing out on. he's been a big influence in my life in a positive way :)
  • Options
    I hate them, when I see boys in them I want to poke them in the eye with a big stick.

With this fat arguement, I am not skinny but I know I'm not huge, However, I would be kidding myself if I went up town in a mini skirt with boob tube. People dont like to look at fat and anyone who looks in the mirror before they leave knows it doesnt look good.

Wear something like makes you look skimmer than you are and flatters your figure. And for god sakes, wear your size. I know people who wont buy a 16 coz they dont want to be know as a size 16 but a 14 looks stupid. Just buy the size 16 you twat, it looks better.
  • Options
    GhostGirl wrote: »
    Wear something like makes you look skimmer than you are and flatters your figure. And for god sakes, wear your size. I know people who wont buy a 16 coz they dont want to be know as a size 16 but a 14 looks stupid. Just buy the size 16 you twat, it looks better.

Aye it makes it look worse 'cause the fat get's pushed up the way and hangs out the top of the jeans. Noone knows the size on the label, so you're fooling noone.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Aye it makes it look worse 'cause the fat get's pushed up the way and hangs out the top of the jeans. Noone knows the size on the label, so you're fooling noone.
    Yes! And no one like rolls either! Blub blub blub.
  • Options
    Skinny jeans - very very bad

Flared jeans - very very good
  • Options
    bad they look really wrong and skinny guys just look yuk :shocking:
  • Options
    bad they look really wrong and skinny guys just look yuk :shocking:

Boooooooooo!
  • Options
    hi, I can't agree skinny jeans are unflattering, on some people they look amazing, depends on the design and style. I'm sure zebra striped or neon colored skinnies are more suitable for slender figures, but with red, black or electro blue skinnies you can get away even on fuller figures :)

http://www.littleblackcherry.co.uk/skinny-jeans-30-c.asp
  • Options
    hi, I can't agree skinny jeans are unflattering, on some people they look amazing, depends on the design and style. I'm sure zebra striped or neon colored skinnies are more suitable for slender figures, but with red, black or electro blue skinnies you can get away even on fuller figures :)

http://www.littleblackcherry.co.uk/skinny-jeans-30-c.asp

I don't think anyone not admitted to a loony bin should be wearing jeans with zebra stripes or neon colours ever. Maybe for shits and giggles at a bad taste party or halloween.
  • Options
    Nobody should be wearing skinny jeans, whether for shits and giggles or not
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I don't think anyone not admitted to a loony bin should be wearing jeans with zebra stripes or neon colours ever. Maybe for shits and giggles at a bad taste party or halloween.

depends on the style you like - scene clothes or crunkcore is all about neon colours and zebra stripes :heart:

16blfgk.jpg
  • Options
    depends on the style you like - scene clothes or crunkcore is all about neon colours and zebra stripes :heart:

She looks quite good in a kind of I'm-so-different-just-like-everyone-else kind of way, but looking at him makes my retinas itch.

As does dragging up way old threads to spam :grump:
  • Options

16blfgk.jpg

What I really dislike about the spawn that is fashion in UK is that it inevitably comes over to the mainland. I can bear the black only leggings that are kinda hip right now, but jesus, you guys never stop.
  • Options
    I actually really like those red jeans.
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    She looks quite good in a kind of I'm-so-different-just-like-everyone-else kind of way, but looking at him makes my retinas itch.

As does dragging up way old threads to spam :grump:

Indeed. Zebra-print jeans is one thing, but pairing it with a Dennis the Menace top? If you're going to wear something that stupid, then probably best to make that the only ridiculous thing you're wearing. Even Billy Connolly knows that.
  • Options
    Skinny jeans on guys is a no no for me unless the guy is really skinny like a stick and has some sense of fashion and style then i think it works, whats worse for me is the boys who wander around with their jeans hanging down round their butts with skanky boxers on show :no: Is that really meant to impress.
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    whats worse for me is the boys who wander around with their jeans hanging down round their butts with skanky boxers on show :no: Is that really meant to impress.

Oh yes thats really annoying! You dont look good, you look like you cant dress properly or as my ex used to say using it as a homosexual invitation
  • Options
    Those red jeans aren't really what I'd call true 'skinny' jeans, more straight slim ones, skinny ones are like, stuck to the legs all the way down.
  • Options
    zebra jeans are ever popular in scene look, and you can most certainly wear it with any t shirt you wish - it doesn't have to be this stripey tee, they look really good with blue Monster tee too ;)
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Skinny jeans on guys is a no no for me unless the guy is really skinny like a stick and has some sense of fashion and style then i think it works, whats worse for me is the boys who wander around with their jeans hanging down round their butts with skanky boxers on show :no: Is that really meant to impress.

I was on the bus the other day, and there was a boy and his girlfriend running for the bus, and his trousers fell down because they were do low down to start with. Made me chuckle :D
  • Options
    What scene look, 'the' scene look, there's a look called 'the scene'?

I am old!