Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Skinny Jeans for men - good look or not so good

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They are horrid- especially the emo style ones where they are baggy at the top. Who invented them??!
  • Options
    Skinny Jeans-

good on girls if they are a size 12 or less. Theres a girly I know who's a good size 16- nothing wrong with that at all- but she insists on squeezing into skinny jeans and tight tops and she would look SO much better if she dressed more for her size. Larger ladies look fabulous, but not in skinny jeans.

BAD on boys. Full stop. My boy wouldn't be caught dead in them- slouchy jeans are so much more flattering
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Haha, I did actually fancy the arse off him, and still do a bit - but I got his Live DVD for crimbo and BY GUM is he shit. I was going to see him at The Carling Academy for the Comedy Festival, thank gawd I didn't.

I still would ride his toilet parts silly and that, but would need to muzzle him with clumps of his matted hair as he'd sound of too many overtly, unfunny archaic expressions of pleasure which would piss me off and not want to toss him off, yanno?

Haha, I would love to do him too. I reckon, in my "hell" he would be the best satan ever!! I could picture him as satan. I was gonna buy the live dvd off amazon UK as I saw some of it on youtube and thought was funny ... well, you can always send your dvd to me ;):p
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Skinny Jeans-

good on girls if they are a size 12 or less. Theres a girly I know who's a good size 16- nothing wrong with that at all- but she insists on squeezing into skinny jeans and tight tops and she would look SO much better if she dressed more for her size. Larger ladies look fabulous, but not in skinny jeans.

What a load of crap. Dressing for her size? What does that involve? She should be able to wear whatever the hell she wants, whatever her size.
  • Options
    I had some once but they caused me too much pain. :(
    I don't like really baggy jeans though, i prefer to keep my underwear to myself thanks!
  • Options
    wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong
  • Options
    What a load of crap. Dressing for her size? What does that involve? She should be able to wear whatever the hell she wants, whatever her size.

I think Dobbin means that you should wear clothes that flatter your shape rather than just wearing something because its trendy. 'What not to wear' anyone?
  • Options
    Its fashion at the end of the day. What looks stupid to one person, doesnt to the other.

I'd never wear a pair im too laddy? Into his white trainers an slightly baggy jeans. Isnt it just an emo thing anyway?
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    They are horrid- especially the emo style ones where they are baggy at the top. Who invented them??!

Emo's did.

Enough said. :p
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I think Dobbin means that you should wear clothes that flatter your shape rather than just wearing something because its trendy. 'What not to wear' anyone?

Thanks lipsy! Yeah that one came out kinda wrong. I mean yeah, if she wants to wear skinny keans then fair enough- my point was more that 1)she's wearing it just because its trendy, as lipsy said and 2)the jeans were about 2 sizes too small. Let alone looking awful, it can't be comfortable.

Theres a lot to be said for knowing your shape and dressing to show it off to its best, rather than following any old fad that doesnt suit you. But I guess at the end of it, fashion is all about wearing what you feel comfortable in and what makes you happy. :)
  • Options
    I appreciate my sperm. The day I start not wanting to ejaculate any more, I'll start wearing skinny jeans.
  • Options
    i do not like skinny jeans, yak!
  • Options

In a perfect world, yes. But tragically for fatties, this is the real world. It kind of goes without saying you should dress for your size, just the same as you should dress for what suits the rest of your attributes. Wearing a top that shows your belly button isn't exactly advisable if you're a size 18, now is it?
  • Options
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »

I wouldn't say those were skinny jeans just slim fit....
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    In a perfect world, yes. But tragically for fatties, this is the real world. It kind of goes without saying you should dress for your size, just the same as you should dress for what suits the rest of your attributes. Wearing a top that shows your belly button isn't exactly advisable if you're a size 18, now is it?

Why isn't it advisable? Because someone else thinks you look gross? If you are comfortable and happy dressing like that then go for it, size 8 or size 18.
  • Options

you're a girl though, it's good :thumb:

and I would also agree with this
  • Options
    Why isn't it advisable? Because someone else thinks you look gross? If you are comfortable and happy dressing like that then go for it, size 8 or size 18.

You're kidding, right? It isn't advisable because I don't want to see Greggs morning delivery of rolls spilling out over some fugly's belt line. Noone does. Again, in a perfect world it wouldn't matter what anyone thinks, but in reality it does. If the general consensus is that it looks gross, odds are you're just living in ignorance. It is bliss after all, right?

EDIT: Also, those jeans in the pics aren't skinny fit ones. Skinny fit are tight ALL the way to the top of the shoes, at which point it looks like you're feet are at a severly acute angle to your legs.
  • Options

What stupid fuck can honestly think they look good with a top showing off their flabby stomach that has more dimples than a golf ball?

It's really disgusting to look at, there's no need for it.
  • Options

Completely agree. Its only society that says its bad for larger people to show lots of flesh. They should be able to wear whatever they please.

Im pretty sure that in this day and age everyone seems to have been conditioned to think skimpy clothes look bad on fat people.

I do personally think that there is a flattering way to dress for every size, and that people with a lot of fat look worse if the fat is on show than if it is covered by more fabric (in a flattering way..) but thats just my opinion and i actually think that too much flesh on show looks bad on any size, i just dont like the look. I hate "crop tops" and similar clothing.

I think people should be able to wear what they like.

Back to the topic, i think skinny jeans look bad on anyone- male or female.
  • Options
    I'm not kidding. In reality I'm all for dressing to flatter etc., all the way but on principle I think people should be able to wear what they like.
  • Options
    What stupid fuck can honestly think they look good with a top showing off their flabby stomach that has more dimples than a golf ball?

It's really disgusting to look at, there's no need for it.

Why is it disgusting though? Its just skin. Everyone has skin. I dont see how skin on a fat person can be more disgusting than skin on a thin person.

I'd like to set up some sort of experiment where abies are brought up around a non biased world and exposed to people of all shapes and sizes in a positive light, and then see what their opinions are when they grow up.
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    Im pretty sure that in this day and age everyone seems to have been conditioned to think skimpy clothes look bad on fat people.

Because they do. Unless you want to get into semantics, then I guess you could argue it's the fat people themselves that look bad; not the fault of the clothes.

Before you people continue with thinking you live in a Disney fairy tale, it works both ways. Even if I thought skinny jeans looked good, I wouldn't wear them because I don't have the legs for them. It's not the singling out of fat people, it's wearing what suits you.
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    Why is it disgusting though?

Are you serious? You can't see how this or this is digusting?! Would you sleep with anyone there?
  • Options
    Are you serious? You can't see how this or this is digusting?! Would you sleep with anyone there?

OH CRAIG IF OUR EMILY WASN'T BOABYING YOU I'D BE IN THERE HAHAHA
  • Options
    These are my skinny jeans :D
  • Options

Nice arse.
  • Options

I have similar, if not the same shoes
  • Options
    Those are nice. Where are they from? I recognise the shoes :D
  • Options
    Those are nice. Where are they from? I recognise the shoes :D

Thanks! They're from River Island and have really nice detailing on them.