Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Humiliation :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:crying:

I was at college and we were talking about grease lightening and I was talking about it and instead of John Travolta i said "Oh I like the scene where ELTON JOHN is at the drive-in" and everyone laughed at me! And they started imagining scenes with elton john instead of john travolta!!

It was so embarassing so I got up and walked out of the classroom we were in and they were just TAUNTING ME and as I walked out of the class room they started singing goodbye yellow brick road at me!

Why does everything like this always happen to me!!:banghead:

:impissed:

Comments

• Options
    why didn't you think it was funny yourself?
  • Options
    I feel your pain mate, I've always been an I'm Still Standing kinda boy myself :love:
  • Options
    No because its always me they make fun of, no one cares if its another person who makes a mistake like that, they try to wind me up all the time its not fair and my anger was just getting higher and higher and higher!

:(
  • Options
    Evaporated wrote: »
    No because its always me they make fun of, no one cares if its another person who makes a mistake like that, they try to wind me up all the time its not fair and my anger was just getting higher and higher and higher!

Surely it's not hard to realise they do it for your reaction you big sap!
  • Options
    Hehe. You can guarantee that no-one will ever forget that. It'll be brought up randomly when you meet up in the future with them. You'll never be able to mention Grease again to them without someone laughing. Just to make you feel better :p
  • Options

It's easy to think that it's always you who ends up being laughed at. Agree with Vicky though, if they do, it's probably because you react to it.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    :crying:

And they started imagining scenes with elton john instead of john travolta!!

That is very funny :lol: I'd be very proud of giving my friends such a great source of five minute entertainment. Try not to take it to heart, we seriously all do make slip ups.
  • Options
    I once worked for a big internional company and had to do a presentation on a microphone to a hundred big wigs and instead of saying the number 6 I said sex!
    Everyone pissed themselves, including me! Yes it was shameful but fucking hilarious too!
    Get over it. Make joke out of it. See the hilarity.
  • Options
    Yea we all do make slip ups but it can be upsetting sometimes when people laugh at you. Sometimes you can laugh along, but other times you do feel like you're being victimised.
  • Options
    A friend of mine was acting as Master of Ceremonies at a big charity dinner when three people she knew walked in and instead of saying 'Here come the three musketeers' she said 'Here come the three musty queers' :D
  • Options
    Hahaha, mate that's NOTHING. I thought Mexicans spoke Mexican until a month ago...
  • Options
    Ah we all do stuff like that. I think I was in Science once and I made the dreaded mistake of saying orgasm instead of organism. :razz:

And in Media I had to do a presentation on Four Weddings and a Funeral and thought I was doing really well as they seemed to be loving my cheap gags.. Then I realised I'd been saying Funeral for a Friend throughout the entire presentation.

That's nothing though. I won't mention any more of my blunders, I'm sure the lad will be along to reveal all at my expense later.

Just laugh it off. They'll find it funnier the more they see it annoys you, and they'll be more likely to never let you forget it if you're uptight about it.
  • Options
    HEH HEH
    All of your stories make it seem not so bad but it still hurts my feelings when its always me. And also these people weren't my friends, thats the only thing i said to them as we were eating our lunch and I was trying to make new friends with them but then that disaster happened. Meh.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Hahaha, mate that's NOTHING. I thought Mexicans spoke Mexican until a month ago...
    Hahaha, you know I just googled that to see what language they actually speak :razz:
  • Options
    HEH HEH
    All of your stories make it seem not so bad but it still hurts my feelings when its always me. And also these people weren't my friends, thats the only thing i said to them as we were eating our lunch and I was trying to make new friends with them but then that disaster happened. Meh.

Is it always you though? Or do you just forget when it happens to other people? You are the one who will remember this the longest. I'd actually use the situation to my advantage; you now have something in common with these people and something to laugh about with them. I actually met one of my boyfriends at a party when he got hideously drunk and made a complete fool of himself. Next time I saw him, I teased him about it, which moved to friendship, which blossomed to something more a few months later. Worked out well for him :)
  • Options
    HA. We've all done it! Made a tit of ourselves an look a bit stupid. I heard someone on here post the following.

"No-one can laugh harder if you can laugh at yourself"

...something like that anyway.
  • Options
    haven't googled but its spanish?
    Yeh, it is. Funny thing is I think I actually knew that.
  • Options
    Aww, Evaporated, *hugs*. Fret not my lovely, we've all been there. But Vicky's right, best thign you can do is laugh it off- getting angry and upset is not only distressing for you but it also encourages people around you to wind you up purely for the reaction you give.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm queen of making a twat of myself, I just laugh it off. I'm more of an accidental double meaning girl, with such recent classics as:

"Nothing like a good fuck to get you going in the morning" (In reference to me swearing at work as soon as I got in)

"I can take them up the front if I like them, but generally I only want them in the back" (In reference to minibus seats and where the passegers sit. Oh how I was mocked for that one)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    HEH HEH

Aww, it might not be a disaster. Perhaps try talking to them another time? We used to always laugh at a friend at college because she played on her ditzyness, and in hindsight she probably really resented it :(
    However, she must have known we weren't intending to be nasty because she's still my friend now ten years on.
  • Options
    The thing girls say....not taking a dig at you girls per se as guys can say stupid things.

Having said that, someone i know has become a legend by saying stupid things. So whenever we see him, we always expect something from him to make us crap ourselves :lol:
  • Options
    The reason you get a hard time for it is because of the way you react.

If you laughed at yourself, and acted like you dont actually care, people would soon get bored and stop taking the piss.
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    The reason you get a hard time for it is because of the way you react.

If you laughed at yourself, and acted like you dont actually care, people would soon get bored and stop taking the piss.

Exactly. We'd all like to think we can talk like we're in a Tarantino movie all the time, but everyone makes mistakes or says stupid things, or forgets what they were going to say in the middle of a sentence. It's how you react when you make mistakes that determines what people think of you. And getting in a mood about it and not being able to laugh with everyone else isn't exactly going to make people warm to you.

Having said that, I've never experienced it myself, because I never make mistakes.
  • Options
    There is a legendary saying in german that just exists because some student aeons ago said something stupid in class.

Just swallow it down. I mean you said elton john instead of john travolta. Imagine you said something about the teachers tits to your mate when suddenly the whole classroom goes quiet and everyone can hear it...

happens to the best of us, laugh with them,...
  • Options
    Haha man I'd just laugh at myself if that happened. Happens to the best of us like.

Well, Mexicans do speak Spanish but it's a bastardized version, lots of slang and different words for things that Spanish people don't use.
  • Options
    Hey, it's not as bad as a fella I know who was round at a client's house doing some work pretty late on in the day. The client said he thought he would be going to bed before too long and my friend, wishing to convey that he shared the sentiment, said "Yes, I think I'll join you," instead. :lol:

On another occasion he meant to tell a client that some equipment was tested in the factory, and said "breastfed in the factory" instead. :lol:

But neither of those quite comes close to the time he was doing some work for a lady who started cooking her dinner then had to run upstairs for something, asking him to keep an eye on it whilst she did so.

Thus it was that he came to be standing in her kitchen, alone, cooking sausages when her husband walked in the door.

Apparently the husband just stopped dead and stared while my friend just said "hello!". :lol:
  • Options
    "Nothing like a good fuck to get you going in the morning" (In reference to me swearing at work as soon as I got in)

"I can take them up the front if I like them, but generally I only want them in the back" (In reference to minibus seats and where the passegers sit. Oh how I was mocked for that one)

:lol:

Miffy, yours were classics too :D

I had a good one today. I was supposed to send a document to a guy for work, but forgot to attach it to the email. He replies and asks where the attachment is. So I reply saying I'm very sorry... and forget again to attach the damn thing! :blush: I got lucky with the third email though :yippe:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I generally laughed at my mistakes, but I can't think of any right now... Only once that I fell down instead of taking a step forward, but I'm excused for that, I hadn't slept in more than 24 hours.

Once a teacher of mine was explaining things about a poem, and she confused two lines (changed line in the middle), at the time that she was reading the syllabyls independently of the words, to make us notice something. The result was that she said a dirty word for "vagina", and was also shouting at the time. (the joke can't really be translated).

One other time, some of my classmates were complaining to the math teacher that he was giving us too much homework. At the same time, a guy was balancing his chair on the back legs.
    At some point, the teacher got conviced and said "Alright! Alright, I don't want you to collapse from exaustion or anything!". At that exact moment, the guy fell of his chair. Someone said "He collapsed!" and everyone laughed, except him. He should have laughted too.
  • Options
    The list stupid things I've said and done is endless. Although I can normally laugh it off now days.
  • Options
    Evaporated: Dude you sound like me when I was in year 9/10.

don't worry much about it, it'll feel embarassing for a little while but people forget things pretty quick. just don't let them know it annoyed you otherwise they'll just keep bringing it up.