Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Humiliation :(

2»

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If you don't learn to be able to take the piss out of yourself and laugh at yourself, then people will do it for you.

Harsh but true.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're still at school and there's a few people laughing at you then I can see how it might be a bit hard not to take it personally.

You'll toughen up eventually though and learn to give it back.
  • Options
    Someone pushed me in the stomach once in the middle of a class at school when i was like 15 and i burst into tears and ran away holding my head saying it hurt. I looked like a right gimp, and i've never cried in public since lol.

But thats the only time i've never laughed at myself or anything like that - although to be fair it was hardly hilarious - and i paid for it for months. People soon find something else to take the piss out of though.
  • Options
    Don't worry about it, everyone will forget in the end. Learn to laugh at yourself. It's really good for you imo.
    Here is my stupidest thing to add to rest!

I was once on a crowded Underground train that had stopped moving. All was silent as I grumbled loudly to my mother "God, it's taking so long. We would have been quicker getting the next one!" My mum and lots of strangers nearby all started laughing or stifling giggles. I said "What?" and they all laughed harder. It took me so long to figure out why it was funny... :blush:

So everyone makes a fool of themselves sometimes (or in my case, often). Not a big deal and hilarious memories!

Mila
  • Options
    My wiener plooped out once when I was really young narrating one of my friend's church's plays.

Luckily there was a podium in close proximity.