Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

graffiti...

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Yeah I think it's great. There's some really political and good stuff on what's left of the Berlin wall.

:yes: I've seen some of it at Freedom Park in washington, although I don't think it's anywhere close to being the best stuff.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's alright, but don't fuck up a decent town/city with it, do it on your own house.
  • Options
    taggin and bombing etc is just as much a part of the scene as piecing. All artists that do the impressive pieces etc still get up via tags, its the whole point of graff - getting up.

We used to have a decent scene up here, but its died a bit of a death. I personally hate the euro scene, bendy bubble letters etc - but the clours are top. I personally LOVE the london scene - zonk, fume and dds crew its a top style and was really original. But the home of home is NY. The best place online for NY wholecars is www.seenworld.com

It is amazing to think all those wholecars are illegals, and some of them were done in the day. Read the stories on there too, very entertaining. He really is a legend.
  • Options
    Merseyrail!!
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    taggin and bombing etc is just as much a part of the scene as piecing. All artists that do the impressive pieces etc still get up via tags, its the whole point of graff - getting up.

:thumb: :heart:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    In the last few months, some people are spraying bees on the walls, in many parts of Athens. I've seen them in places far from each other.
  • Options
    I remember seeing some fantastic pieces in Barcelona, all over the place too.
  • Options
    sweet. i iz goin to barcelona in september.
  • Options
    99% of it is just tagging, and the only way to deal with taggers is to chop their hands off.

Some graffiti is very very good, but most isn't, its just wanton vandalism. There's one tagger around here called "inch" and when they catch the cunt he should have to lick it off.
  • Options
    More Spanish graff, from Taragona this time

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00327.jpg
  • Options
    Ilegals Liverpool & London
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't see what the problem is with making a blank wall into something colourful.
  • Options
    I don't see what the problem is with making a blank wall into something colourful.

I think that's reason enough.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Ilegals Liverpool & London

It was a real shame when that tagger got hit by a tube train at 40mph, wasn't it?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    It was a real shame when that tagger got hit by a tube train at 40mph, wasn't it?

I presume your saying it is a shame people put themselves at such risk for something you don't understand, rather than suggesting it was a good thing that a young man died, and a family lost a son?
  • Options

Yes it was. What point are you trying to make.
  • Options
    did the splatter get cleaned up before the vandalism?
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    I presume your saying it is a shame people put themselves at such risk for something you don't understand, rather than suggesting it was a good thing that a young man died, and a family lost a son?

It was a tragedy all round, for the family and for the driver of the train, but I don't have very much sympathy for the dead man. He shouldn't have been there committing vandalism, and IMHO, the legal penalties for tagging should be increased significantly.

Unless someone wants to show that scrawling "inch" over every building in a city is beneficial to society, I'm all for punishing the taggers severely.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote: »
    did the splatter get cleaned up before the vandalism?

Pointless comment, think of their family.
  • Options
    There's one tagger around here called "inch" and when they catch the cunt he should have to lick it off.

I see his name sprayed everywhere when I pass through Newcastle station on the way to London. It looks fucking shit aswell, like a 5 year old has just scribbled "inch" on a piece of paper.
  • Options
    I knew that guy, he was in the year above me at school. Used to hang around with him for a bit.
  • Options

you need to pull your head out of your arse fella :yeees:
  • Options
    I don't have a problem on blank walls, but anyone that graffiti's an actual train is a twat, no matter how good it is.
  • Options
    I knew that guy, he was in the year above me at school. Used to hang around with him for a bit.
    What's your point?

Essentially, if all you're doing is writing the same word over and over it doesn't matter if it looked like shit a five yr old did or if it's like the stuff deceelpool put up talented shit, but still shit.. It's an eyesore.

However, banksy, and some of the stuff blagsta's been putting up is much closer to the kind of thing you'd like to look at every day.
  • Options

Yes, it was a real shame. Such a tragic waste. :(
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    What's your point?
    There was no point per se, I was merely pointing out I knew the guy that Kermit spoke so fondly of. Take that stick out of your arse, it'll do wonders.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    What's your point?

There was hardly any need for that was there? I presume your point was just to sound condescending and unpleasant?

Please try to behave like an adult.
  • Options
    Graffiti is fine in the right place. Blank walls are fine. Vandalising trains or nice buildings is bad.
    Putting your life at risk by trespassing on the railway is just plain daft. At best it costs train companies money (which is passed on to you and me via increased ticket prices). At worst, trains are stopped so that what's left of a tagger can be hosed off the tracks.
    http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk/routecrime.php/
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Barcelona has some good graff

DSCN1899.jpg

AW MATE! FAFI! I heavy love her work.
  • Options
    Graffiti is fine in the right place. Blank walls are fine. Vandalising trains or nice buildings is bad.
    Putting your life at risk by trespassing on the railway is just plain daft. At best it costs train companies money (which is passed on to you and me via increased ticket prices). At worst, trains are stopped so that what's left of a tagger can be hosed off the tracks.
    http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk/routecrime.php/

This will sound ver ignorant, but unless you are a writer (and im not) you wouldn't understand. Yes the idea of spraying paint onto a train does sound daft - but its being part of a scene, it really is impossible to explain unless you've ever had anything to do with it.

I would advise watching 'wildstyle' gives a decnt indication of why .