Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trust

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you all trust your other halves?
I do more than ive ever trusted any other lad..but do any of u still have a doubt in the back of ur heads?
My bfs out up town tonight and my ex has just been talkin to me on msn and when i said my bfs up the town he said aww he could be all over some other girl for all u know then and that really peed me off tryin cause trouble i know i can trust my bf but now i have stupid thoughts in my head :mad: stupid exes

Comments

• Options
    luvmeright wrote: »
    Do you all trust your other halves?
    I do more than ive ever trusted any other lad..but do any of u still have a doubt in the back of ur heads?
    My bfs out up town tonight and my ex has just been talkin to me on msn and when i said my bfs up the town he said aww he could be all over some other girl for all u know then and that really peed me off tryin cause trouble i know i can trust my bf but now i have stupid thoughts in my head :mad: stupid exes

Lol but your chatting to your ex? And your worried about what your bloke could be doing? He probably has the same worries.

But to answer your question i don't think i've ever trusted someone 100%, mainly cos i know that i can't be trusted so i assume other people are like me.
  • Options
    haha that does sound bad but no way wud i ever go back there it doesnt bother my bf cus hes there half the time when my ex tlks to me anyway so that doesnt bother him.
  • Options
    Dont think ive ever really had full on trust either tbh. I just try not to think about it
  • Options
    I've not got a massive amount of trust in people, a lot of the time people do pussyfoot about trying not to hurt my feelings which makes the fallout worse in the end.

If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen though. I've no desire for a girlfriend at all justnow cause the trust thing and the fear of getting hurt is too strong. Better that way because lack of trust can kill any relationship.
  • Options
    Well my boyfriend is the one person I really do trust, I am certain of that, well until about 5 minutes ago when I put some scenario's to him "would you have sex with another girl if I was out for the day and she was giving you the come on?" is what I asked and his response was "F**K YEAH!!!" Hmm should I be worried :eek2:
  • Options
    He's either very dumb or very joking :eek2:
  • Options
    I trust my boyfriend 100% to not cheat on me.

I dont, however, trust that he wouldnt want to, or doesnt fancy other women, but thats more due to my low self esteem: thinking im so crap that he must want to, rather than actually thinking he's a bad person.

If that makes any sense.
  • Options
    it does,

I believe my Girlfriend is the only person I have trusted 100% ever.
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    I trust my boyfriend 100% to not cheat on me.

I dont, however, trust that he wouldnt want to, or doesnt fancy other women, but thats more due to my low self esteem: thinking im so crap that he must want to, rather than actually thinking he's a bad person.

If that makes any sense.

:yes: Makes sense to me, because I'm exactly the same.

Tonight, we've both been out - but in different towns, no chance of running into one another. I know he'll avoid the girls, but I don't know that he wont think "cor, wish I could"
  • Options
    I trust my boyfriend, and I'm fine with him going out without me, and vice versa. I've had times where I've been more insecure and felt a bit of doubt, but that's my problem, not his, and he has always been supportive when I've felt like this (which isn't a lot of fun for him). A night out on the town isn't the only place a person can cheat on their partner either, but luvmeright, unless your partner has actually done something to put doubt in your mind, I'd just ignore the stirring ex.
  • Options
    I trust him completely. It sounds naive but we're pretty disgustingly happy at the moment and if he wanted to break up he'd do properly. I do get jealous about him being friends with girls who have asked him out or made it obvious to him that they like him in that way but he picked me cuz I'm cooler than them.
  • Options
    I trust him completely, I don't trust other people with him though, which means I do have serious issues when he has his female friends over to visit him and they sleep on his floor etc...although maybe thats cos I know what he wears to bed and since he won't walk to the kitchen in it to get breakfast out of the fridge I don't see why it's right he has women sleeping in his room seeing him in it.

But I know he'd never cheat on me. I have no issues with him looking and will join in with him if we're out together.

It's a good job we trust each other though because being 80 mile apart, at uni, out on the town regularly and both having ex's doing the same course that we are and are still good friends with, it could cause issues if we didn't.
  • Options
    I don't trust mine completely, but I know in my situation that is my problem, not his. The reason I know this is because I was crazy with knowing he found other girls attractive and (in his own words) if he walked past a hot girl would imagine fucking her, so I pushed myself and made myself okay with him sleeping with other women. I told him this and he heard me out, nearly cried and then said he would never ever want to do anything like that.
    So he was given a genuine honest chance to go fuck whoever he wanted and said no. That's how I know my jealousy and trust problems are just that- MY problems.

Think about it and work out if the problem is yours (like you are jealous and can't trust him when he hasn't given you any reason to mistrust him) or his (like you are jealous and can't trust him and he has given you plenty of reason to mistrust him). That helped me.
  • Options
    Not trusted one bird I've bin with.

They've all been super fit delicious, so I've always known other guys are gonna try an hook up with em. Given the right amount of alcohol and flattering comments, they'll usually cop off behind ya back.
  • Options
    im in a longdistance relationship but i trust him totally i have to or id go insane because he has so many chances to go off with someone else as i only see him weekends, he trusts me too. I sometimes have brief moments of panic especially if i hear hes been out drinking but i know hed never cheat on me.
  • Options
    Completely.

I may not be the best looking, but she chose me.
  • Options
    yay or nay

Much to my dismay I am currently in the process of realising you
    can't half-arse trust.

I was hoping I could "kinda-sorta" trust my other half, but I can't.
    It's a yes or no resolution.
    You either trust em, or you don't, there's no healthy medium.

Now don't get me wrong, there's different realms of trust
    within a relationship.

I trust him with my life.
    I trust him with my money.
    I trust him with my secrets.

But that other kinda trust...not yet.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Completely.

I may not be the best looking, but she chose me.

aww:D

i wish i had that sort of confidence in myself
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    Not trusted one bird I've bin with.

They've all been super fit delicious, so I've always known other guys are gonna try an hook up with em. Given the right amount of alcohol and flattering comments, they'll usually cop off behind ya back.

:no: Thats a very harsh and untrue stereotype and one that if your g/f's know you think will make them far more likely to cheat on you. Relationships can't and don't work without trust as no matter how hard you try and cover it up, the fact will show and make the other person feel like crap.
  • Options
    I used to unconditionally. My philosiphy was, why be with someone if you can't trust them 100%? And kazbo, whilst I wouldn't like to agree with generalisations, I've found a lot of people (men and women) will cheat too easily if given the right attention and the right conditions. It's almost like a natural thing. I think some people have enough willpower to say 'no' in all situations, but I know I have to conciously avoid situations because if I'm drunk in a nightclub and a girl has been flirty with me all night, and then starts to make a move on me... I don't trust myself to stop them. Having said that, it did happen when I was single, and I was still hung up over the other girl and I did stop it... so maybe I should have more faith. Just know a few years ago I did cheat when it started off flirting and became more, because nobody ever feels like flirting is cheating.

But my girlfriend cheated on me pretty badly, so I don't trust her 100% yet. But things are much better now than they were before, she's grown up a lot and I really doubt she'll make the same mistake twice, as she too avoids that kind of attention now, as it does lead to the wrong kind of thing.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I used to unconditionally. My philosiphy was, why be with someone if you can't trust them 100%? And kazbo, whilst I wouldn't like to agree with generalisations, I've found a lot of people (men and women) will cheat too easily if given the right attention and the right conditions. It's almost like a natural thing. I think some people have enough willpower to say 'no' in all situations, but I know I have to conciously avoid situations because if I'm drunk in a nightclub and a girl has been flirty with me all night, and then starts to make a move on me... I don't trust myself to stop them. Having said that, it did happen when I was single, and I was still hung up over the other girl and I did stop it... so maybe I should have more faith. Just know a few years ago I did cheat when it started off flirting and became more, because nobody ever feels like flirting is cheating.

But my girlfriend cheated on me pretty badly, so I don't trust her 100% yet. But things are much better now than they were before, she's grown up a lot and I really doubt she'll make the same mistake twice, as she too avoids that kind of attention now, as it does lead to the wrong kind of thing.

Nooooo your not back with that stupid bird are ya?
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »

Its his choice to give her another chance if he wants too.
  • Options
    Its his choice to give her another chance if he wants too.

Aww but i like Shyboy. I remember when he was little :(
  • Options
    I trust him completely not to cheat. That doesn't mean I like him talking to other females, but it's more a jealousy issue, which is odd because he's the only thing I ever get jealous over. It's also odd that I do trust him, because he did cop off with my "best mate" (she was the instigator) when we were seriously seeing eachother, and on the verge of making it official.

I don't however, trust him not to start smoking again. It really is the only problem area for me; I've caught him twice when he's lied about it. I'm 99% sure it wont happen again, and I'd never outright accuse him of it, but if I catch the faintest smell of it on him, I do worry about it.
  • Options
    I really do want to but im finding it hard. Its all about my insecurity though, I don't feel im worth anything.
  • Options
    :no:

Only kidding...

I trust him 100% :D:heart:
  • Options
    I trust my other half implicitly. It's a good feeling to have.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »

My reaction exactly.

It makes me pull this face: :(
  • Options
    The only girlfriend I trusted 100% was the one I was with for 2 years and why? Because (not trying to sound big headed) she was obsessed with me and was incredibly protective and never even went out with her friends or anything cos she wanted to spend every hour with me...and that was for 2 years.
    I don't trust anyone else 100%, even my best mates. I may trust certain people alot, but never 100%. I've had very little trust in other girlfriends because of bad experiences and I know how I sometimes think about other girls when I'm in relationship...I may not act on it but I think it, so what's stopping a girlfriend of mine actually acting on her thoughts about other guys?
  • Options
    I trust a few people with certain things, but no-one 100%. Even less in relationships, my ex was told about certain issues I have and decided to treat me like a child because of it. It would take a lot for me to trust a future boyfriend again. I can trust with the going out with the friends on their own, not to cheat etc fairly easy. But not with the personnal stuff.