Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Trust

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote: »
    My reaction exactly.

It makes me pull this face: :(
    Me too :grump:. But it is his decision, after all.

To the original question:

I do trust him, which is weird because I've never trusted anyone before. I don't worry about his friendships with other girls, I don't worry about what he's doing when he goes out with his friends without me, I just trust him because I know he would never do anything to hurt me or owt like that. I sometimes get silly little jealous twinges, but those are minimal :yes:.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I trust my other half implicitly. It's a good feeling to have.
    Took the words right out of my mouth (much as I hate to write posts which basically say "I agree" :D)
  • Options
    Took the words right out of my mouth (much as I hate to write posts which basically say "I agree" :D)

Aww i always think what a sweet couple you are. I think i've got something in my eye :crying:

As for me well i know which ones i can trust and which ones i can't. I can usually trust the ugly ones.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »

I can usually trust the ugly ones.

:lol: It's funny cos it's true.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Dont think ive ever really had full on trust either tbh. I just try not to think about it

agree here ^^
  • Options
    I trust mine completely. I just feel I can.
  • Options
    i trusted my b/f 100% because he always swore he would tell me the truth and i suppose i was so loved up i believed it, then he slept with his ex on our sofa after a party!!

i was suspisious so asked him, he said No!! and although i thought i'd no if he was lying it turned out he was, his ex told me what had happened two weeks later, and when i confronted him he just said Girls have such big mouths and was actually annoyed that she had told me..
  • Options
    It's funny how most of the replies here are about your other half hurting you by going with someone else behind your back.

Trust is so much more than that.

Trust is knowing they're going to be there for you. Trust is knowing you're safe with them. That they're not going to fuck you over. That they're not going to run away with your money. That you can believe everything that they say, even if it sounds completely ridiculous. That you know they support you. That they'd take a bullet for you.

Trust in a relationship is hard won, but easily lost. But it's one of the (if not the most) vital components of a relationship.

As for the question, even though it's early days, I trust my other half implicitly.
  • Options
    It's funny how most of the replies here are about your other half hurting you by going with someone else behind your back.

Trust is so much more than that.

Trust is knowing they're going to be there for you. Trust is knowing you're safe with them. That they're not going to fuck you over. That they're not going to run away with your money. That you can believe everything that they say, even if it sounds completely ridiculous. That you know they support you. That they'd take a bullet for you.

Trust in a relationship is hard won, but easily lost. But it's one of the (if not the most) vital components of a relationship.

As for the question, even though it's early days, I trust my other half implicitly.

That's a good point. I think then that I am in the stage of 'getting there' which to me is pretty good for a six month relationship. Not so sure about the bullet one. We were watching Shaun of the Dead and I asked him if he'd shoot me if I was a zombie to which he replied 'no' then added 'I'd shoot you twice just to make sure' :grump: