Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Young mums

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All dignity does go immediately out the door in childbirth tbh. You just dont care anymore tbh. I think its natural.
  • Options
    I've never had a child, but I lost all dignity while I was ill as the problem was on my lower back (aka arse), I stopped caring when it was associated with that, but for anything else I still care a lot and as soon as all that was over I regained it all very quickly.
  • Options
    for sure!
    I just remember not caring who was going to examine me after a while. Practically every doctor that came in wanted to have a look, make sure everything was ok down there. Im surprised i didnt just start getting it all out for visitors in the end :lol: Your vagina becomes public property.

Dignity does come back though and quickly got back to getting freaked out by smear tests etc.

It wouldnt be an easy childbirth if you were frightened of anyone seeing your fanny though.
  • Options
    Pearly wrote: »
    Are you, or have you been a young mum? :

how old is young?

i fell pregnant with my son when i was 19 and had him when i was 20

xx
  • Options
    sauce wrote: »
    how old is young?

i fell pregnant with my son when i was 19 and had him when i was 20

xx

I would class that as young.
  • Options
    i'm 22 and my little boy has just turned one.
    does this class as young?

when i fell pregnant, i felt as though my life was over. however, it was the best thing that ever happened to me and all ive had over the years is hurt from men.

i had a craving for popcorn when i was pregnant :lol:

i wish someone had told me about what other people have said about the bleeding. it wasn't nice and i didn't expect it.

i have horrible stretch marks but my new bf says my stomach doesnt look that bad.

as an advantage, i'm gonna be a young granny!:lol:
  • Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    how old is young?

I suppose anyone who is under 20 is classed as young, but this is something that is never set in stone and you can't categorise necessarily. I will be talking to Tommy's for this article and will see what they say...