Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Collections

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used to collect ornaments of animals. Remember the Tetley owls? :p Had them in storage but can't have been very good because most are broken.
  • Options
    Evanescence Posters :razz:
  • Options
    Dust.
  • Options
    I used to collect Premier League stickers. I remember there were always a couple of players from Norwich or Coventry or some other shit team that everyone had. I must've had a door covered in Dion Dublin stickers that I couldn't get rid of. Got, got, got, got, need, got. And a shiny was worth at least three regular stickers.
  • Options
    I used to collect Premier League stickers. I remember there were always a couple of players from Norwich or Coventry or some other shit team that everyone had. I must've had a door covered in Dion Dublin stickers that I couldn't get rid of. Got, got, got, got, need, got. And a shiny was worth at least three regular stickers.

Yea, I used to collect those too. I remember having loadsa Norwich as well, I think I had their whole team. I also specifically remember having about 8 Tim Sherwoods. So hard to get rid some of them. It was a playground marketplace. Shinys going to whoever offered most to the owner. Maybe that's why kids didn't get so obese back in the day. They spent all their money on football stickers instead of sweets and crisps.
  • Options
    oh and socks....most of which i haven't worn!
  • Options

I remember only too well the omnipresence of Coventry players, how weird. I used to collect those too, but I didn't think they counted in terms of this thread because so did every other fucker back in the day (see also: pogs).

I collect elephants. Not real ones (obviously :razz:) but sculptures, ornaments, soft toys, paintings, anything elephant shaped or adorned with an elephant. Apart from my really treasured stuff, it's all in my parents' garage at the minute. I went through a phase when I was young of going to auctions to buy things for my collection so I bet some of them are worth a hefty wedge.

Oh well, there's got to be some compensation for being a total sad act! :D
  • Options
    ashlee wrote: »
    :eek2: so you don't collect knee high stripy socks?
    Ha, no! I actually haven't worn them for a few years now so my name on here is somewhat of a lie :razz:
  • Options
    I dont think I collect anything in particular :chin:
  • Options
    Stuffed cuddly toys. I dont really collect anything else, I'm more of a horder. My cousin collects teddy bear stuff, teddies, ornaments, decorations etc. Shes got hundreds in her house, and some of them are worth a small fortune as she had complete Steiff collections and whatnot.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I remember only too well the omnipresence of Coventry players, how weird.

Hmm yeh same here, must be something to do with that fucked up keepers name, Ogrizonavich or some shit. Come to think of it I suppose that's something I collected as well so count me in lads.
  • Options
    Anything Lion King. I have to keep it all in the closet in the spare room, but its still there. I have alot. Even some really awsome prints from the movie.

One day I'll own a real lion to add to the collection.
  • Options
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Cat fluff. I have a quite impressive collection of cat fluff all over every item of furniture and clothing in my possession.

Try having 3 of the little darlings. I've given up trying to remove it all :|
  • Options
    Elephants, I have around three under my bed.

It smells a bit.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Probably DVDs as well, I tend to do the same as I'm with stupid and buy films because i've heard they were good regardless of if I've actually seen them yet.
    You'll find me fopp quite often browsing through the foreign language films for anything that looks interesting, I Can reccomend a German comedy film called Goodbye Lenin :thumb:

I have that too, about 10 dvds i haven't watched yet, 2 or 3 games i've bought but not played yet. some cds i buy without actually listening to them much in future (i.e. Johnny Cash's greatest hits). Books i've yet to read.
    I've also got 3 kayaks, does that count as a collection?

i have 2 in my collection :)
  • Options
    Oooh, what type are your kayaks? :hyper:
  • Options
    I started to collect Zippos, well i did until i ran out of money. I have 2 :yeees: Fuckin sexy they is though.

When i was younger i collected little pig figures, then i got a life and binned them. Ummm nothing really now. My life is so empty.
  • Options
    I don't really collect anything, that's for saddos....I do always bring things back when I travel to different countries though, things like paintings/pottery/blankets/CDs.
  • Options
    I suppose the only thing I have is my vinyl collection... about 500-600 records...
    I have quite a few rare tracks which I hunted down and brought more for the sake of having the rare tune rather than I loved the tune.
  • Options
    I used to collect stamps. And Pokemon cards.

Yes.
  • Options
    I've still got my pokemon cards... somewhere.