Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Collections

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you collect?

I used to think I didn't collect anything, but I think I realised that I collect DVD's when I realised that I haven't actually watched about half of the DVD's in my collection. I mean I've seen most of the films at other times, but generally, I bought the DVD because I wanted it in my collection and it was cheap at the time, rather than because I really wanted to watch it. Of course I have quite a few rainy day DVD's, where I bought something I heard was good, so that I always have something good and new to watch when I've got nothing better to do. But I have quite a lot of "look good on the shelf" DVD's in my collection as well.

So what do you collect?

Comments

• Options
    Films and music.

But I really collect discs (frisbees) I've got 12 so far, over the last three years. Two from one team (one in blue one a gift) one from world club championships, two pitch discs from competitions one from a team that was mates with most of them three from my own team, two that look cool and one that lights up.
  • Options
    at the moment? manga.

although Im building up a big pepsi can collection but thats unintentional.
  • Options
    I can't actually think of anything I collect.

I suppose I am a sucker for buying books just so I can look back over what I have read. But I don't really COLLECT them as such.
    When I was younger OF COURSE I collected beanie babies. We searched EVERYWHERE for the pig one, and I loved him forever more. Still got him, somewhere! But everyone used to collect beanie babies didn't they?
  • Options
    I used to collect stuff all the time but I dont really collect anything, i'm more of a hoarder.

I hate throwing anything no matter how useless away! My room is crammed full of stuff I dont need anymore.
  • Options
    Dvds and books :) I used to collect beanie babies too :)
  • Options
    Gavman wrote: »
    I used to collect stuff all the time but I dont really collect anything, i'm more of a hoarder.

I hate throwing anything no matter how useless away! My room is crammed full of stuff I dont need anymore.

Lol, I'm like that. Wardrobes full of crap that needs getting rid of but hate chucking stuff out.

I have a small collection of stuff giraffes, and other little giraffey bits and bobs cos I'm a big fan <3 Lol. I also collect dust in my bedroom.
  • Options
    Notebooks! I never write in them and if I ever want to I have to buy two of the same design so that one can go in my collection. Actually that's quite strange now I come to think of it!
  • Options
    betsy wrote: »
    Notebooks! I never write in them and if I ever want to I have to buy two of the same design so that one can go in my collection. Actually that's quite strange now I come to think of it!

I used to collect notebooks and coloured gel pens. Never used them though!
  • Options
    Probably DVDs as well, I tend to do the same as I'm with stupid and buy films because i've heard they were good regardless of if I've actually seen them yet.
    You'll find me fopp quite often browsing through the foreign language films for anything that looks interesting, I Can reccomend a German comedy film called Goodbye Lenin :thumb:
  • Options
    The only thing I have any real collection of is coppers, which I collect in a ceramic bowl. I always have the intention of bringing them into the post office (which is a 30 second walk away) but I never do it, and the collection keeps growing. Maybe I should melt them down create some kind of ornate statue which I can worship. :chin:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have a massive stamp collection with lots of old stamps and some are quite valuable.

At the moment I am collecting books, yarn, patterns ... lots of things I just don't have room for :(
  • Options
    DVDs mostly, but also jewellery and Mister Amira has a love for guitars...
  • Options
    Books and DVDs don't count de fuck.

Me, fuck all, why would I want to collect a load of shite?

Me family collect coins though from different countries, stupid thing to do.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Me, fuck all, why would I want to collect a load of shite?

Personally because my discs remind me of things. Like my Jedi one is the pitch disc from the final of women's nationals last year.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Personally because my discs remind me of things. Like my Jedi one is the pitch disc from the final of women's nationals last year.

So fuck.

ETA:Only messing. I suppose, still I think it's a load a shite.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Books and DVDs don't count de fuck.
    I reckon that if you're the type of person that buys the shit one in a series of DVD's, just to complete the collection, then they do count.

ETA: Or you refuse to download music, because you'd rather have something that looks good on your shelf.
  • Options
    I reckon that if you're the type of person that buys the shit one in a series of DVD's, just to complete the collection, then they do count.
    *raises hand*
  • Options

Reminds of those books and magazines you could collect when you were younger and when you put them in their binder all side by side in order it spelt out something or made some sort of image. If you were missing a couple it didn't look right.
  • Options
    Books. I like to have whole series of books all in the same type of cover, and I really hate it when they change the design half way through a series, or the size and it looks shit on the bookshelf.

I've also got 3 kayaks, does that count as a collection?

Oh and I collect hats, or at least people seem to think I do because they keep giving them to me!
  • Options
    I have a massive stamp collection with lots of old stamps and some are quite valuable.

Well sell them and GO SHOPPING!

(hence why I don't have a collection of anything, just a big fat wardrobe and a shopping addiction!)
  • Options
    Books. I like to have whole series of books all in the same type of cover, and I really hate it when they change the design half way through a series, or the size and it looks shit on the bookshelf.

I've also got 3 kayaks, does that count as a collection?

Oh and I collect hats, or at least people seem to think I do because they keep giving them to me!

:eek2: so you don't collect knee high stripy socks?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I dont collect anything. I used to collect winnie the pooh teddies, but ran out of room.
  • Options
    fuck all.. unless a hard drive full of stuff counts ;)
  • Options
    nothing. I also think it's a pointless waste of time, money, energy, space...
  • Options
    boogers on the lower surface of my desk.
  • Options
    I don't collect anything really. There are things that I have a lot of, but I wouldn't say I collect them.
  • Options
    Never really understood the collecting things for the sake of collecting them, so I don't collect anything.
  • Options
    P.S. Unrelated really... But I've read the word 'collect' so many times now it's lost its meaning... Weird when that happens. :nervous:
  • Options
    Only stuff that other people have said, Books and DVDs. I need a new bookcase :(
  • Options
    i don't collect anything - however i do have an obsession with handbags and accessories!

i used to collect marbles and badges when i was younger. and probably god knows what else! :cool: